Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

got DDoSed - what to do now? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

got DDoSed - what to do now?

2»

Comments

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2015

@TACServers said:
    We not had cogent in our bgp."

Please use all words... i mean:

We not had cogent in our bgp when tricky was our customer ... is different :-)

• @matteob said:

You had cogent when I was your customer. I have multiple identities.

• @tr1cky said:
    ... I have multiple identities.

ok i understand why you feel bad with us. There are no reason to comment more that.

Sorry, but our customer base is different..

• /me can see someone covering his face with blanket & stopping lying.

• @matteob - I will use all your words.

"you should consult bgp.he better, it show some peers and cogent is inside peer tab. Please not write if you not know how work that tool to not create more misunderstandings"

No... It was listed as your transit provider.

https://web.archive.org/web/20101013061631/http://bgp.he.net/AS49367

"We peer with cogent on MIX for cogent customers, but we not had transit with them"

Yes, you had transit with them.

Your story changes... You never had Cogent, Now you didn't have them when someone was your customer. Embrace your history, and run with it. I could care less someone uses cogent, I do have an issue with a company that is supposed to be entrusted with client data that cannot get their facts straight, retracts words, and is running around doing some damage control because they don't want to admit to something from years ago.

I am really done now.

https://stat.ripe.net/widget/asn-neighbours-history#w.resource=AS49367&w.starttime=2000-08-01&w.endtime=2015-10-02T12:00

Thanks,

Steve W.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

matteob said: @William you should consult bgp.he better, it show some peers and cogent is inside peer tab. Please not write if you not know how work that tool to not create more misunderstandings

I know exactly how bgp.he.net works - I am in IRC with the developers. It does not show Cogent peering as HE has no direct route to it then - It only shows it if you have more than their peering table (notably, after testing i found out the easiest way to get a peer to show up there is to have a path to HE via Telia shorter than 2 ASNs, excluding prepends).

And as reference - An ISP i know has Cogent peering on VIX, DECIX and AMSIX and it does not show up in bgp.he.net as there is no further route to the other Tier1s that HE collects the data from.

• @TACServers said:

ok now you completed the mission to try to discredit a competitor. You should focus your energies to improve your service

@William said:

Ok i not know what carrier & peering i use, sorry i will assume you to compensate my ignorance.

Ok now all are happy, good work :-)

• Couldn't resist:

• I've had a public teamspeak server for YEARS and never been ddosed. I guess it depends on the type of people you attract to your server.

Thanked by 2netomx ATHK