Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General PC Hardware (For Sale) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

General PC Hardware (For Sale)

Comments

• TarZZ92 said: but this would be illegal (worldwide)

them knocking, stating who they are and who they search? Why would this be illegal? They just can't tell them amount/reason if the person at the door is not the one searched.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited October 2015

MartinD said: That's not how it works

Yes it is. if the client refuses you have to force him (but even then it's pointless). Same with debt collection, they are pointless as they have no rights.

William said: them knocking, stating who they are and who they search? Why would this be illegal?

On someone totally unrelated to the client in question yes. i know it's banned in most western countries in the likes of "israel" i probably guess not. And for searches it's usually done by credit records.

• TarZZ92 said: Yes it is. if the client refuses you have to force him (but even then it's pointless)

Clearly you've never been through the process. It can cost money to recover a debt, yes, but sanctions can be placed on the debtor to recover it. It's not pointless, it's just hassle which I stated.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited October 2015

MartinD said: Clearly you've never been through the process. It can cost money to recover a debt, yes, but sanctions can be placed on the debtor to recover it. It's not pointless, it's just hassle which I stated.

Clearly i have... the client in question was on benefits, was pointless going after him really. getting £400+ from someone like that is on borderline impossible.

People like him make me sick.

• TarZZ92 said: Clearly i have... the client in question was on benefits, was pointless going after him really. getting £400+ from someone like that is on borderline impossible.

Staged payments would still be possible so returning the debt is still there.

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited October 2015

@TarZZ92 - I have to ask, are you a friend of @Ben1002? All your recent contributions to this thread have been entirely incorrect. @MartinD is right that it would be hassle, but if you've been ripped off then you should try to seek a resolution, or at least make an informed decision how to proceed knowing your rights. Don't forget its also a hassle for the guy on the other end of it, and as long as you're willing to endure more hassle than they are, you can win.

TarZZ92 said: but this would be illegal (worldwide)

Incorrect. A bailiff (or county court sheriff) can't discuss what they are enforcing, or put your neighbours under pressure to reveal information. But they are entirely within their rights to knock on their door, identify themselves and politely ask if they know anything about your whereabouts/comings and goings.

The neighbour doesn't have to tell them anything, and can ask them to leave. I'm sure they very rarely get information from neighbours, but I assume they are more interested in information flowing the other way :).

Thanked by 1MartinD
  • To be honest, he's probably too busy spending it on CK underwear, aftershave, deodorant and Vendetta masks... ;)

• MartinD said: Staged payments would still be possible so returning the debt is still there.

yeh something stupid like £1/£2 a month, i rather have him shot (not literally)

• TarZZ92 said: yeh something stupid like £1/£2 a month, i rather have him shot (not literally)

Which is still recovering the debt and costing you nothing. Even better, if they make such a small payment, they will have a CCJ against them for quite a long time which is bad for them.

• tehdan said: I have to ask, are you a friend of

Don't be an idiot. i cannot count how many times i have attacked him (professionally)

tehdan said: But they are entirely within their rights to knock on their door, identify themselves and politely ask if they know anything about your whereabouts/comings and goings.

Are you a lawyer?

• MartinD said: Which is still recovering the debt and costing you nothing. Even better, if they make such a small payment, they will have a CCJ against them for quite a long time which is bad for them.

This is providing they even agree to this. and to these lower class people i am not sure CCJ etc even matter.

it was written off in the end.

• TarZZ92 said: This is providing they even agree to this. and to these lower class people i am not sure CCJ etc even matter.

There is no agreement required. A CCJ is enforced by the court, that's the whole point. There's no pissing about asking them to agree to something. The CCJ is issued based on a figure that the court deems appropriate.

• MartinD said: There is no agreement required. A CCJ is enforced by the court, that's the whole point.

Yes i know that. but like i said this person would simply NOT pay. where honestly could you take money from? but that's no big deal anymore since it was written off.

bailiffs cannot do much either, since they would need peaceful entry.

• TarZZ92 said: Yes i know that. but like i said this person would simply NOT pay. where honestly could you take money from? but that's no big deal anymore since it was written off.

bailiffs cannot do much either, since they would need peaceful entry.

If they're on benefits, the benefits get sanctioned.

• MartinD said: If they're on benefits, the benefits get sanctioned.

not something i considered at the time to be fair. but surely they could oppose that?

• TarZZ92 said: not something i considered at the time to be fair. but surely they could oppose that?

No, that's the point I'm trying to make. The court decides, not the debtor. What the court says goes. Even if it's just £1/month, that's still repaying and the court has the power to make that happen despite any protest.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

TarZZ92 said: On someone totally unrelated to the client in question yes. i know it's banned in most western countries in the likes of "israel" i probably guess not. And for searches it's usually done by credit records.

Neighbour != totally unrelated, this practice is fully legal in DE-AT-CH - Our debt collection is also done by government, so they can do pretty much whatever they want anyway. i'm ver certain this is similar in nearly all EU countries - Else it would be regulated by the EU.

• William said: Our debt collection is also done by government

am sure it's different in that case though. as here it's all done by private companies.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I am really sad when I see such things, people taking the money for some unk hardware and run :( It is sad for both the scammer and the scammed. Human nature, I guess.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Maounique said: I am really sad when I see such things, people taking the money for some unk hardware and run :( It is sad for both the scammer and the scammed. Human nature, I guess.

surprised me they bought it. it's quite expensive for what he was offering

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I was looking into the ssd, I have many situations when I need to park some db there, 64 gb should do.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Maounique said: I was looking into the ssd, I have many situations when I need to park some db there, 64 gb should do.

£25 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STBB-SSD-2-5-Inch-64-GB-Solid-State-Drive-Sata-III-3D-V-NAND-Tech-6Gbps-SATA-3-/321789969066?hash=item4aec2d42aa

• Tip . . . if someone you don't know asks you to send money via a method that is impossible or difficult to reverse, you're about to be scammed.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Microlinux said:
    Tip . . . if someone you don't know asks you to send money via a method that is impossible or difficult to reverse, you're about to be scammed.

Yeah, honestly it was a little silly, but I did think that Ben was someone that was trusted, he'd been around for a long time and I've talked to him a few times before this. Oh well.

I'll contact my bank and see how far I get.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Infinity said: I'll contact my bank and see how far I get.

Oh come on people! Stop being rageous! He is on a Moose vacation! Goshhhh!

I will not offer any services over here, I am almost all day on my taco vacations!

Thanked by 2Lee Frecyboy
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited October 2015

netomx said: taco vacations!

Taco vacations? 24/7 eating tacos? Or the opposite?

@Traffic said:
    Taco vacations? 24/7 eating tacos? Or the opposite?

Oh I'm sorry about the confusion: it is tacos 24/7 :P

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @netomx said:
    Oh I'm sorry about the confusion: it is tacos 24/7 :P

Ew enchiladas are better man :P

@doghouch said:
    Ew enchiladas are better man :P

No thank you. Mole