Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General PC Hardware (For Sale) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

General PC Hardware (For Sale)

Comments

• @Ben1002 Still have these left?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@inthecloudblog said:
    No news? What have you ordered?

He mentioned that he received the money and would post it the next day using tracked delivery, but no response when I asked for the tracking number and no updates either. We'll see in a couple of days, could be a really slow 2nd class Royal Mail, although usually it only takes 3 days with me and I've got other 2nd class items that were posted after I paid for this so yeah.

@n0my said:
    Ben1002 Still have these left?

I'd advise you to see if other people have received what they paid for before sending any money, especially considering it's via bank transfer which isn't reversible.

• He has been active today

• edited September 2015

@TropiThomas said:
    He has been active today

That's definitely odd

Thanked by 128Tom
  • Processors gone, only these left

4GB Non ECC DDR3 240DIMM / £15 Each

2GB Non ECC DDR3 240DIMM / £5 Each

2GB Non ECC DDR2 240DIMM / £5 Each

4GB ECC DDR2 240 DIMM / £10 Each

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Have you sent the stuff to @Infinity ? Can we get some confirmation on this?

• @mikho

I have indeed sent the stuff. I have offered to resend however, infinity has advised I wait a couple more days just to ensure.

Thanked by 2mikho Infinity
  • Sheet I just wanted the cpus ..

• What CPU are you interested in and how many?

@mikho said:
    Have you sent the stuff to @Infinity ? Can we get some confirmation on this?

All seems good, as mentioned he's offered to replace it. It does seem to be royal mails fault, apparently someone who sent me something on eBay at the same time told me that royal mail damaged the goods on delivery, so that could be why.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • @Ben1002 said:
    What CPU are you interested in and how many?

Pmed you :)

I'm curious, did anyone actually get anything from this guy? After the promise of resending the package, no response. Also spoke to my postman who said it's very unlikely that the package got lost in the first place.

• Infinity said: Also spoke to my postman who said it's very unlikely that the package got lost in the first place.

This is royal mail we are talking about. they are useless.

@TarZZ92 said:
    This is royal mail we are talking about. they are useless.

I know Royal Mail ain't the best but I just find it odd that every single other royal mail parcel of mine has arrived fine and this hasn't, and the likeliness of two parcels getting lost are quite low, especially when every other one arrived fine.

• I'm sure @Ben1002 sent the replacement parcel with tracked delivery and can provide a tracking number...

• @Infinity said:
    I know Royal Mail ain't the best but I just find it odd that every single other royal mail parcel of mine has arrived fine and this hasn't, and the likeliness of two parcels getting lost are quite low, especially when every other one arrived fine.

Really sucks. It's been a long time now. Some answers need to come out. I am certain he should be able to at least show you a receipt of postage or something. Keep us updated please @Infinity. He was last active 24th of September.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • What happened?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Yes, do keep us updated @Infinity - any way you can reverse the transfer?

• Oh I see now. Sheet almost bought him plenty of things

edited October 2015

@tehdan said:
    I'm sure Ben1002 sent the replacement parcel with tracked delivery and can provide a tracking number...

Considering he said the first one would be sent out with tracked delivery and never had a tracking number I am not holding my hopes high on that one.

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Really sucks. It's been a long time now. Some answers need to come out. I am certain he should be able to at least show you a receipt of postage or something. Keep us updated please Infinity. He was last active 24th of September.

Yeah, no response since he told me he was sending it out on the 15th.

@hawc said:
    Yes, do keep us updated Infinity - any way you can reverse the transfer?

Bank transfer is hard to impossible to reverse, it's not a massive amount: £30, but I'd still like what I paid for or a refund obviously.

• @Infinity said:
    Bank transfer is hard to impossible to reverse, it's not a massive amount: £30, but I'd still like what I paid for or a refund obviously.

I know it's a very insignificant amount in the grand scheme of things but you could possibly file a police report and contact the bank in question in regards to the fraudulent activity of this user as you have logs and proof of payment aswell as proof of agreement via here.

Dunno though, food for thought I guess.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jhjh Member

The police won't do anything. In my experience, Royal Mail has stupid prices but are generally reliable. It seems like the same organisations are always the ones to claim things have been lost in the post: train companies who won't want to refund tickets for delayed trains, Student Finance England etc.

• TarZZ92 said: This is royal mail we are talking about. they are useless.

Royal mail to outside UK is excellent - One of the best in Europe even, cheap and very reliable plus fast.

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited October 2015

@infinity do you have his address/details? Small claims court is worth a look if you're both in the UK...

I've never had RM lose anything tracked. Delayed yes but the don't lose stuff in my experience. 2 parcels seems suspicious - plus if he really did send them tracked he has insurance so no loss to him to refund you.

• tehdan said: do you have his address/details? Small claims court is worth a look if you're both in the UK...

not really worth the hassle is it.. £25-35 court costs alone.

• @TarZZ92 said:

Costs would go against Ben if they found in Infinity's favour so that's a non issue.

• MartinD said: Costs would go against Ben if they found in Infinity's favour so that's a non issue.

then actually getting the cash would cost even more if he refused to pay.

• Collection fees (if he doesn't pay) would also also would go against Ben.

However, holding out on paying would be stupid - bayliffs knocking on your neighbours doors is (I imagine) terribly embarrassing. Probably lives with his mum too?

• tehdan said: bayliffs knocking on your neighbours doors is

but this would be illegal (worldwide)

• TarZZ92 said: then actually getting the cash would cost even more if he refused to pay.

That's not how it works. There is hassle and frustration involved, yes, but you wouldn't necessarily be out of pocket. That would only happen if you used the courts for a writ to have the debt enforced at his address. By that time, though, the expense of it all would be so great, the debtor would want it all cleared off.

Thanked by 1tehdan