Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net kidechire ?! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net kidechire ?!

12346»

Comments

• @singsing said:

I am not sure if you really intend your comments from me as I don't have an argument with you on this topic. All I said is that I use LUKS on the Kidéchire. It is a small part of protecting data at rest.

I don't agree that the benefits are "very, very slim", but eh, this is a €1.99/mo server that does not contain any production data; so honestly, I am not too pressed over additional tinfoil hat scenarios for these particular servers; and I am definitely not interested in arguing any further on this topic.

• geekalot said: I am not sure if you really intend your comments from me as I don't have an argument with you on this topic. All I said is that I use LUKS on the Kidéchire. It is a small part of protecting data at rest.

I agree that LUKS is a good idea. I use it on all production systems myself. I just said measures to try and validate contents of /boot after booting (according to scy's interests) are a lot less useful than they appear at first glance, and you appeared to take this as an onslaught against LUKS usage itself, which I actually whole-heartedly endorse.

geekalot said: I am not too pressed over additional tinfoil hat scenarios for these particular servers; and I am definitely not interested in arguing any further on this topic.

Brilliant. Apologies if you were offended in any way, that was certainly not my intent.

• 20 euros of setup like the e3v3?

• inthecloudblog said: 20 euros of setup like the e3v3?

All their Start LTS range show 40 euros setup for me. So get the e3v3 if you only care about the setup cost and they are giving it for 20 euros setup. The rest of do care about the monthly fees.

• I need one for personal use, could someone donate theirs please?