Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EDIS price becomes low end - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EDIS price becomes low end

2»

Comments

• @elgs so don't order one.

• @tehdan said:
    elgs so don't order one.

I used to have one in Hong Kong with EDIS, but now I switched to HostHatch. Should I buy from EDIS again, the only reason I guess must be their Chile and Israel locations.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited September 2015

If you pay 3-5€ for a water bottle at an airport, you arent paying the water. :)

• Traffic said: If you pay 3-5€ for a water bottle at an airport

Your airports are cheap then!

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @Lee said:

How much is it in there?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2015

I have seen bottle water @ £5.50 at London City. So what's that, about €7

It's not politeness the servers need at city airport, it's a mask and gun when they tell you how much it is.

Thanked by 2yomero Traffic
  • @elgs said:
    Right, but 2G HDD is still way too shabby.

No, but you also pay support, the rest of the hardware, shipping, and whatsoever. If you need LE{T,B} prices for much resources, go with Waveride. I noticed, no matter how cheap the prices are (they can be even as low as €.01) some people on LET still complain how expensive someone is and YOU are one of them.

• @Fusl said:
    No, but you also pay support, the rest of the hardware, shipping, and whatsoever. If you need LE{T,B} prices for much resources, go with Waveride. I noticed, no matter how cheap the prices are (they can be even as low as €.01) some people on LET still complain how expensive someone is and YOU are one of them.

Thank YOU.

• @Fusl said:
    KVMs are not thin-provisioned. Everyone gets their guaranteed disk space & RAM which is not cheap when using high-reliable SAS disks and good, ECC RAM DIMMs.

I've got a small 2 GB KVM VPS there in NL for +1 year now and it works very well. Does require thinking about what to install and whatnot, but the performance is very good, and it is very stable. Haven't had unplanned downtime yet.

• Traffic said: If you pay 3-5€ for a water bottle at an airport, you arent paying the water. :)

I have to admit I wouldn't pay 3-5 eur for a water bottle.
    But airports aren't my world.

• 10% recurring coupon for their KVM plans: 8O2IWD1V

Thanked by 1elgs
  • zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited September 2015

The problem is that they keep changing their plans faster than I can blink. It gives the impression that they haven't found their niche in this ever growing industry. It's annoying because it makes it difficult to estimate costs if you plan to expand in near future. If prices only went down, at least... but that's not the case.

I mean, check this screenshot taken just right now:

http://imgur.com/86TNxXR

KVM Smart is shown as being more expensive than KVM Starter. Huh? And KVM Starter and up have "TUN/TAP available"? That's a new one for a full virtualization solution. It all feels amateurish to me.

• @wrox said:
    10% recurring coupon for their KVM plans: 8O2IWD1V

Good Coupon. Testing OK

Thanked by 1elgs
  • Where can I get a copy of William's payslip and bank statement?

• MrX said: Where can I get a copy of William's payslip and bank statement?

So far he didn't give us an official statement about that, sadly; and we haven't been able to access said documents.

Either he was already working for them before and used the trick of "hey I discovered a nice host" to get them listed on LEB at a time where it took a while to get listed. Or he is an secret agent trying to spy on the Austrian people and using them as a cover.

We might know when a whistle blower give us those essential documents.

In the meantime, let dream that this was a real job and that he was underpaid as that's more romantic.

And we need some more romance, don't you think so @MrX ?

• MrX said: Where can I get a copy of William's payslip and bank statement?

I earned around 1500EUR (after tax, net) at EDIS (which was sold to me as "what all here earn", which is factually simply not true) and my current bank balance (all accounts combined, minus purely debt accounts and specific credit lines) is -3200EUR.

scy said: Either he was already working for them before and used the trick of "hey I discovered a nice host" to get them listed on LEB at a time where it took a while to get listed

A.: Back then it did not take a while. Listing took 3 days max. with LEA. This went shit after sale to Liam and later to CC, i actually did bid myself to buy LEB at this time, as did various others.

B.: I did not work there before and lived nearly 500km away.

• William said: This went shit after sale to Liam

You mean Joel?

• zeitgeist said: http://imgur.com/86TNxXR

KVM Smart is shown as being more expensive than KVM Starter.

This shouldn't be. I have forwarded this to the right department. Should get changed soon.

• How much is lowend price?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited September 2015

@Saintjoseph said:
    How much is lowend price?

$7 or less per month.

• @Traffic said:
    $7 or less per month.

For VPS ? what about dedicated server what is lowend price?

• Saintjoseph said: How much is lowend price?

$7 or less. Welcome.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Frecyboy said: Somewhere here

wow.. nsa.gov does not work without "www"..

• 4n0nx said: wow.. nsa.gov does not work without "www"..

Wrong thread?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2015

Nekki said: You mean Joel?

I'm honestly not sure, i always had to deal with Liam later which took forever while my send-ins to LEA (not only EDIS, i also sent in other ISPs i found, back when LEB was not a YoloKrossing shell shitfest) were posted in 1-2 days usually.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited September 2015

@Lee said:
    I have seen bottle water @ £5.50 at London City. So what's that, about €7

It's not politeness the servers need at city airport, it's a mask and gun when they tell you how much it is.

I once went into a motorway service station and bought a can of Coke and a packet of crisps.

I said to the cashier, "Sorry, I only have a £20 note. Is that OK?"

She said, "No, you'll have to put the crisps back"

Thanked by 2William Nekki
  • William said: I'm honestly not sure, i always had to deal with Liam later which took forever

I'm pretty sure Liam worked for Joel; It wouldn't surprise me one bit that Joel did sweet FA and left all the work to everyone else.