Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sponsoring LIR
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sponsoring LIR

patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR
edited September 2015 in General

Hi there

I recently became RIPE NCC member. So if anyone needs Sponsoring LIR for PI Space (IPv4 if you bring your own, or IPv6), ASNs etc, I'm happy supporting you in getting the resources. If someone is interested, just PM me and we can discuss possobilities.

I can only help getting the resources from RIPE. You need an ISP which offers BGP / Announcement of this resources.

Regards
Patrick

Comments

• @patrick7, can you issue me a block of /48 IPv6 addresses?

Hehe :)

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

Please PM me with details (PI/PA?). Thanks

• Before we do that, are you charging any additional fees for this? @patrick7

• Well, BGP. Damn.

Yes, as RIPE charges me too. If you need just a free /48 to announce, I think @william can help you.

If you need a /48 PI (which you can move to any LIR and which "is yours") please contact me.

• patrick7 said: If you need a /48 PI (which you can move to any LIR and which "is yours") please contact me.

Out of interest, how much would this cost (one-time/yearly)?

• Sounds more like an advertisement/offer...

Why do you charge for IPv6? I mean yes, for PI it is obvious but as LIR you should have a /29 PA block....

PS: i offer the same kind of services as well :>

edited September 2015

@william No I don't think it's an offer. I just offered my help.

At the moment I don't provide space out of my block (that's the reason why I mentioned you). However, if someone gets an ASN through me, I will provide one of course.

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Out of interest, how much would this cost (one-time/yearly)?

I do it for $100 per year. You can see all RIPE services I provide on my website.

• @rauppe31 said:
    I do it for $100 per year. You can see all RIPE services I provide on my website.

"Feel free to announce this network at any location via BGP" any location for RIPE?

edited September 2015

I think @rauppe31 should change that to "feel free to announce anywhere within RIPE region"

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

@linuxthefish said:
    "Feel free to announce this network at any location via BGP" any location for RIPE?

The subnets technically can be announced anywhere. But they should be used in the RIPE region.

• As per my signature I offer free /48 IPv6 subnets to be announced in the RIPE region for those of you that are interested, just PM me.

I've also got ASNs and IPv6 PI available. No IPv4 available at the moment.

Thanked by 1xxsl
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2015

@William said:
    Sounds more like an advertisement/offer...

Why do you charge for IPv6? I mean yes, for PI it is obvious but as LIR you should have a /29 PA block....

PS: i offer the same kind of services as well :>

Is it possible that you announce a /48 block of IPv6 addresses for free? It'd be nice if you could :)

• @patrick7 said:
    Hi there

I recently became RIPE NCC member. So if anyone needs Sponsoring LIR for PI Space (IPv4 if you bring your own, or IPv6), ASNs etc, I'm happy supporting you in getting the resources. If someone is interested, just PM me and we can discuss possobilities.

I can only help getting the resources from RIPE. You need an ISP which offers BGP / Announcement of this resources.

Regards
    Patrick

By the way, do you have an ASN number publicly available?

• How much is an ASN?

• Can a individual also get a IPv6 PI and can the blocks be announce outside ripe?

• Generally, blocks can be announced out side of the RIPE region. However, it should only be used in the RIPE region.

• ASN, please :)

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited September 2015

Please do not send me unsolicited spam or offers, I'm not interested. Thanks! :)

OP is perfectly allowed to PM me, however ;-)

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited September 2015

If anyone is interested in peering, PM me and I'll peer with you for free. (currently IPv6 only network)

Also, thank you OP for kind offer to the community.

• @GIANT_CRAB said:
    If anyone is interested in peering, PM me and I'll peer with you for free. (currently IPv6 only network)

Also, thank you OP for kind offer to the community.

I'd love to peer, if OP is kind enough to sponsor an ASN! :)

• FlamesRunner said: How much is an ASN?

@rmlhhd signature says: ASN for €80/one-time (No yearly fee)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2015

[redacted]

• @scy @rmlhhdrmlhhd Could you do $40-60 USD?

• $7

Thanked by 1jh
  • @scy, I already saw that but didn't reply. Thanks though.

• @doghouch said:
    scy rmlhhdrmlhhd Could you do $40-60 USD?

For what? PI?

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited September 2015

Excuse my ignorance, what is the benefit of having your own ASN and IPv6 PI (assuming one is not a non-trivial company, otherwise I get it)?

With an ASN you can choose your own upstream providers or peers or downstreams. PI Space can be moved it to any ISP that supports it. In case of an ISP move you don't have to renumber.

This discussion has been closed.