Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone using Waveride?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is anyone using Waveride?

sandrosandro Member
edited September 2015 in Providers

Clearly oversold...how does it perform being EDIS?

https://www.waveride.at/

Comments

• Good performing VPS at a cheap price, but when I used them around a year ago their network dropped out every few days.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2015

Network seems okish, if Waveride is the same network as EDIS (don't have a WR testip but the FAQ links to EDIS one). Can't comment on CPU/IO.

https://static.or.at/Dronten-Netherlands-Serverius.Austria.EDIS_Vienna.html

https://static.or.at/Amsterdam-Netherlands-Nforce.Austria.EDIS_Vienna.html

https://static.or.at/Fremont-UnitedStates-HEnet.Austria.EDIS_Vienna.html

Use the other probes in the left sidebar to get an overview from other locations.

• I have one in their Austria. So far I'm quite happy.

• sandrosandro Member
    edited September 2015

What are the terms for CPU usage? 4GB is tempting for caching :P

• I have an edis VPS in Austria, packet loss nearly every day.

• Awful when I had a box there, about a year ago I cancelled it.

I had it for 3 months, I always let services lie for a few weeks before I use it to make sure it's ok but right from the first day it was utter garbage. It was pretty obvious the nodes were being abused and either they were not dealing with it until it was reported or just not dealing with it.

• Is Waveride still owned by Edis? They had it up for sale not so long ago.

Thanked by 1titanicsaled
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited September 2015

@Lee Right on their front page.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Fair enough, I have not visited the site since I left.

• FuslFusl Member
    edited September 2015

Lee said: Awful when I had a box there, about a year ago I cancelled it.

Mind giving it another try? Back then the only thing configured on Waveride hardware nodes was basic OpenVZ configuration and nothing else. Since I'm with EDIS and having my hands at the OpenVZ hardware nodes this has changed a lot because I know OpenVZ very good and it now even has a dynamic resource sharing system that makes sure that abusive customers get less available resources if needed by other customers or full-automatically migrates containers which need resources to other available hardware nodes for more load balancing.

• Fusl said: Mind giving it another try? Back then the only thing configured on Waveride hardware nodes was basic OpenVZ configuration and nothing else. Since I'm with EDIS this has changed a lot since I know OpenVZ very good and it now even has a dynamic resource sharing system that makes sure that abusive customers get less available resources if needed by other customers or full-automatically migrates containers which need resources to other available hardware nodes for more load balancing.

That sounds pretty good, I did not realise you worked for them.

• Still looking for more reviews :)

• sandro said: Still looking for more reviews :)

@Fusl was previously fired by Edis because she didn't vote for Edis in the VPS poll. Disgusting company, would avoid them at all costs.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    Fusl was previously fired by Edis because she didn't vote for Edis in the VPS poll. Disgusting company, would avoid them at all costs.

Please be a troll =\

Francisco

• Don't choose anything EDIS, ever. They suck.

Thanked by 1sandro
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Francisco said:
    Please be a troll =\

Unafortunately he's not. At least that's what @Fusl said and EDIS didn't deny it...

Thanked by 1Francisco