Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from Virtora and VPSDime
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay away from Virtora and VPSDime

I've had bad experience with VPSDime - Virtora VPS and it's support.

I bought the VPS from them few months ago.

One month ago i get notification, that my VPS box will be moved to another server.

We are writing to inform you that due to the low number of users in this location, we are going to migrate your service on ATL1 or ATL2 to our New Jersey location on VPSDime. We expect to complete this on Saturday, September 5th starting at 3 PM PDT (UTC-7).

At Sept.4 i open support topic and asked them - when they are going to move my account? and got answer -> " your account not affected by the migration. "

At Sept 22 w/o any notification they start migration !!! ... My current account was suspended, new account on new server was created and then suspended too !!!

To my question where is my websites and account - i got an answer - "We informed you 1 month ago" !!! To all my claims that your staff told me that my account "not affected" - i got an answer - why you ask that question if you are informed one month ago.

Their staff is very rude, he talk with me - as it was my fault.

As result 75GB VPS account was migrated during 12-13 hours !!! Only after this my account was unsuspended.

I hope this is only me who experienced such problems with this guys.

Thanked by 1ronaldgrn

Comments

• So you didn't lose any data?

• Well if the story is true then it's still poorly handled. But it's a one poster so I doubt it's that black and white.

• AlexoAlexo Member
    edited September 2015

No, i don't lose any data(just $$ money), as first of all i have backups of my sites, and as because after 12 hours i got my acc on vpsdime.

• AlexoAlexo Member
    edited September 2015

@Lee said:
    Well if the story is true then it's still poorly handled. But it's a one poster so I doubt it's that black and white.

Lee - i don't talk with them by chat or skype, all this communication is by support ticket system, which i keep in email account (so i can send you).

Just now my account is closed on Virtora, so i can't give you access as Community advisor to check it, but i keep all this EMails that i got from their system.

• ZeastZeast Member
    edited September 2015
    • You receive a notice
    • You created a backup of the server
    • They migrate
    • You upload your backup

What is the problem?

• @Zeast said:

• You receive a notice
    • They migrate
    • You upload your backup

What is the problem?

if you spent 1 minute reading op rather than writing the is for 2 min you would have got it.

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • @Zeast said:

• You receive a notice
    • They migrate
    • You upload your backup

What is the problem?

Did you read?

• @Alexo every good company can have bad supporters.

You can report it to their managers if you want to

• I read all , the only problem that I see is 12-13 hours for migrate.

Am I too stupid?

• I think @serverian is no longer active but it doesn't hurt to tag. Btw I've had nothing but the best support from VPSDime.

• @Zeast said:

• You receive a notice
    • They migrate
    • You upload your backup

What is the problems

You are absolutely right , just small corrections

1. I got notification that migration must be at September 5
    2. I got notification (response to my support ticket ) at September 4, that my account not affectend by the migration
    3. At September 23 they start migration (not Sept 5) w/o any additional notice
    4. Their migration was 12-13 hours, and all this time my accounts(on new and old servers) were suspended, so I can't get fresh database backups.

Usually I backuped my databases 2 times/ weekly, but if you have websites that are updated hourly ... your backup will be old one.

And the last one, after each hour I thought that my acc. will online soon, ... that's the reason why I didn't ordered another host and restored my data . (Also it was night here in California ).

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Probably should post a support ticket number for those at nodisto to look into

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Alexo said: " your account not affected by the migration. "

+

Alexo said: At Sept 22 w/o any notification they start migration

+

Alexo said: "We informed you 1 month ago"

Those three points would absolutely present a problem. Obviously I love Oktay's brands, I'm a customer and you can see me recommending him at every turn, but either this accusation is not true, is missing vital information, or this wasn't their finest moment in a ticket.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Anyone can make mistakes, god knows i made my share, But has to man up and accept them.

Alexo said: Just now my account is closed on Virtora,

In that light, if there is no other reason for the above, it looks really ugly.

• I'm sorry for the miscommunication and misinformation here.

We were going to move Atlanta accounts to New Jersey and we have only sent email to people who had VPS in Atlanta (including you) and then we had to postpone the move a bit and informed the customers with another email.

The mistake here was about WHMCS data not being up to date with SolusVM. Your VPS was showing in Dallas, that's why Sadiq told you that you were not being affected by the move by mistake. I'm sorry for this. Humans make mistakes.

Your VPS's migration took very long because you had millions of unread emails (tiny files).

In the end, you have asked for refund of your last payment and we have promptly refunded you.

I've read your tickets and didn't see any rudeness, just bluntness. I'm sorry if Damian's writing style read as rude.

• VPSDime has never let me down :)

@vRozenSch00n said:
    VPSDime has never let me down :)

Man, where have you been?

serverian said: In the end, you have asked for refund of your last payment and we have promptly refunded you.

Everything cool, then.

• @maounique my health condition beat me down, my dear brother :(

@vRozenSch00n said:
    maounique my health condition beat me down, my dear brother :(

:( I hope you are better now.

• @maounique thanks bro, I just have to take it slow now.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

So, everything is smooth now :-)

• serverian said: Your VPS's migration took very long because you had millions of unread emails (tiny files).

How do you know that?

• @Traffic said:
    How do you know that?

probably vpsdime vps are OVZ and @severian is BOFH ;-)

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @Traffic said:
    How do you know that?

NSA scans all clients VPS ;)

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @serverian said:
    I'm sorry if Damian's writing style read as rude.

Not Damian from Good hosting by any chance ;)

• @Alexo is a miracle worker! He managed to lead @serverian to post a comment here, after 6 months! Also, to bring back to action @vRozenSch00n !
    Hope @serverian will start to post some offers or, at least, starting again to contribute even a little!
    And, @vRozenSch00n, many wishes for full and painless recovery from whatever you had/have!

• there are 2 coins in a face

• jvnadr said: Hope @serverian will start to post some offers or, at least, starting again to contribute even a little!

I doubt it, he has been back a few times since he left.

• @jcaleb said:r
    there are 2 coins in a face

Wait what?

• @jcaleb said:
    there are 2 coins in a face

Ha ha ha