Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Info : Best "Free" VPS Control Panels - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Info : Best "Free" VPS Control Panels

Comments

• +1 Webmin/VirtualMin

• kloxo-mr
      simply configure with ton feature
    Thanked by 1linuxglobe
  • Wish I could vote for Webuzo.

• corvidcorvid Member
    edited August 2015

@Xinix thanks for starting this thread. Nginx outpaces Apache Web servers. Virtualmin and Kloxo-MR feature direct panel control of nginx webserver without need to fiddle with configuration files. Any chance, you can compare and contrast virtualmin versus Kloxo-MR head to head?

• VestaCP, Froxlor, and CentOS-WebPanel are my favorites :)

• VestaCP is my favorite so far. I have it on a few private VPS setups and one dedicated server.

Froxlor looks like it could be good, might install on a vps and give it a shot.

• any negatives about Centos Web panel ? Is it secure enough to use ?

• @Junkless said:
    any negatives about Centos Web panel ? Is it secure enough to use ?

I haven't heard anything bad about the security of CWP. The last time I used it (about a year ago) it seemed to be slower than most control panels.

• TomTom Member

How much memory is good for Vesta? I've personally ran it on a 128mb box absolutely fine.

• @MHS_Marc said:
    I haven't heard anything bad about the security of CWP. The last time I used it (about a year ago) it seemed to be slower than most control panels.

Yup, it is still slow..slowest of them all. But still for some reason, I feel more comfortable with it. No idea why though.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@Yoda said:
    How much memory is good for Vesta? I've personally ran it on a 128mb box absolutely fine.

That would depend upon what exactly you wanna do with the box itself.

@Junkless said:
    any negatives about Centos Web panel ? Is it secure enough to use ?

Its Slow.
    On a Positive note, Backed by CentOS makes it quite reliable and trustworthy.

• Nice to see this informative article ...
    Few of our clients are using WebMin ... trustworthy ...

• interesting...

• noamannoaman Member
    edited September 2015

https://www.ajenti.org/ is down according to isitdownrightnow...

and for me it is giving an error

Error 503 Service Unavailable
    Service Unavailable
    Guru Meditation:
    XID: 581772955
    Varnish cache server

• i like kloxo & zpanelCp

• @JUNAID said:
    i like kloxo & zpanelCp

Beware of zPanel, many have reported it to hav bugs n security issues.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited September 2015

@JUNAID said:
    i like kloxo & zpanelCp

@Mridul said:
    Beware of zPanel, many have reported it to hav bugs n security issues.

Same with Kloxo as well. You literally couldn't have picked two worse control panels @junaid

• BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited September 2015

Has anyone noticed that VestaCP development seems to have slowed down to a complete halt?

• The last github commit was the 24th of July
    • The last tweet, which was on the 4th of June, mentioned a new release in the next few days
  • VestaCP with min. LXDE = Awesome Management and ease of operation... no need of pydio or other file manager, directly manipulate file/dir with much ease.

• @hostnoob said:
    Same with Kloxo as well. You literally couldn't have picked two worse control panels junaid

Is it Kloxo-MR too?.

Thanked by 1linuxglobe
  • ServerPilot.io for me is so easy to use.

Obviously No.
    Kloxo MR is loved by our Clients.

• A dashboard of my choice is ISPconfig3 . Since there are so many CPanel alternatives to choose from, It mostly depends on your goals and requirements and easily you can manage them. I wrote a similar blogpost on the subject, feel free to check it out.

@victortruica said:
    A dashboard of my choice is ISPconfig3 . Since there are so many CPanel alternatives to choose from, It mostly depends on your goals and requirements and easily you can manage them. I wrote a similar blogpost on the subject, feel free to check it out.

Nice SEO. i advise you to remove zpanel / Santora. It will do more damage to the users than any good.

• Vestacp all the way

• amh,but it is chinese,
    vestacp, if just only nginx,

• How many times we are going discuss this topic???
    getting too boring

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

I used webmin not long time ago. I found it quite trustable and it did all the work perfectly what it should do. with the rest,i dont have experience,thus i cant say it is good or bad.

• Thanks for bumping the thread

@estnoc said:
    I used webmin not long time ago. I found it quite trustable and it did all the work perfectly what it should do. with the rest,i dont have experience,thus i cant say it is good or bad.