Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers | APIs To Add To Our Server Consolidation Service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers | APIs To Add To Our Server Consolidation Service

LorneWLorneW Member
edited September 2015 in General

My team and I are currently developing a service that allows people to consolidate all of their servers across different providers and manage them all in one location. There will also be functions such as the ability to set notes, reminders, monitoring, and possibly a web based SSH option. Currently we are working on adding support for the following providers and platforms.

Providers

OVH

Digital Ocean

Vultr

Linode

Leaseweb

Platforms

OnAPP

Open Stack

SolusVM

Virtualizor

I am looking for suggestions on other providers and platforms to add support for in our service.

Thanked by 2dediserve mehargags

Comments

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Rage4 DNS ;)

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • Scaleway maybe

Thanked by 2LorneW afterSt0rm
  • Scaleway, and AWS of course.

P.S.: https://nimbus.io too as they don't use a S3 compatible API :/

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • Good stuff, keep them coming :)

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

RunAbove

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • Now there was a brain fart, how did I forget Proxmox!

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

ColoCrossing has an API!

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited September 2015
    curl https://api.colocrossing.com/servers  

-H 'X-Auth-Token: <TOKEN>' 
    -H 'Content-Type: application/json' 
    -d '{ 
         "name":"FreeE3ForDevelopment", 
         "organization":"CCShellCompany", 
         "image":"CentOS4withSolusVM", 
         "tags":["customer", "production"] 
    }' 

• Good stuff :)

• @LorneW said:
    My team and I are currently developing a service that allows people to consolidate all of their servers across different providers and manage them all in one location. There will also be functions such as the ability to set notes, reminders, monitoring, and possibly a web based SSH option. Currently we are working on adding support for the following providers and platforms.

Providers

OVH

Digital Ocean

Vultr

Linode

Leaseweb

Platforms

OnAPP

Open Stack

SolusVM

Virtualizor

I am looking for suggestions on other providers and platforms to add support for in our service.

Ah this already exists inside virtualizor why would I trust you to do it instead of virtualizor itself?

• @timnboys said:
    Ah this already exists inside virtualizor why would I trust you to do it instead of virtualizor itself?

If you have service with just 1 provider than our service is not much use to you. Our service is designed for people that have multiple servers and services from different providers. We allow them to manage all the services from one location rather than logging into many different panels.

• @LorneW said:

many different panels? why would you do that when virtualizor does that?
    I have service with multiple providers ovh delimiter and more dedi providers but I use only one panel virtualizor.

• @timnboys said:
    I have service with multiple providers ovh delimiter and more dedi providers but I use only one panel virtualizor.

To do this you would need to run your own instance on Virtualizor, not just have access to the client section, and install virtualizor on all the servers you wanted to manage no?

• @LorneW said:

so you are talking like vps not dedicated? this sounded like a dedicated instead

• @timnboys said:

Yes it is more of a focus on VPS. Lets say you have VPS at DO, Linode, and Leaseweb. You can generate an API key at each provider and manage all of them from our app. We will also support other services such as DNS services. Eventually we may add support for dedicated servers but only if the providers API supports it as we do not want to become an actual platform like Virtualizor or Solus.

• Any more? :)

• @Radi said:
    RunAbove

Since we will support OpenStacks API RunAbove will be also supported ;)

• @LorneW said: (…) We allow them to manage all the services from one location rather than logging into many different panels.

I was toying with such an idea about 2 years back ;) The pros are obvious. However, decided against it due to its SECURITY implications:

• marketing-wise: there will be few takers willing to give an unknown third party the keys to all their VM's (read: root access PLUS option to DESTROY droplets!) - if for no other reason than my second point below…

• for obvious reasons, such service will be a magnet for constant and fairly sophisticated hacking attempts!

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • cassacassa Member
    edited September 2015

Nvm

• @aglodek said:

• for obvious reasons, such service will be a magnet for constant and fairly sophisticated hacking attempts!

For these reasons we take security as our #1 priority. All our servers and software will undergo regular internal and external audits and we will be getting certified with:

ISO 27001

As a start. We will publish a paper on our security measures and methods before offering open public service. There will always be security risks with any service but I do not see that as a reason not to offer a service if it has been properly secured. Members will also have additional security options on sensitive parts of their panels such as additional password locks, 2 step auth, and IP filtering.

• add this :
    edis
    yourserver

Thanked by 1LorneW
  • @RockBeltHOST said:
    add this :
    edis
    yourserver

edis uses SolusVM for their OpenVZ which we will support, so as long as they allow access for client functions it will work with us. yourserver (I'm assuming .se?) does not appear to have any type of API documentation but as long as they use 1 of these platforms than it should be fine:

SolusVM
    Virtualizor
    Proxmox
    OpenStack
    OnAPP

• We will also be adding support for CloudStack.