Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INIZ nightmare - Stay well away from these jokers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INIZ nightmare - Stay well away from these jokers

I don't really have the ambition at the moment to create a detailed post about this. That being said, the experience I've had dealing with INIZ this week has been laughable.

My node has been offline for well over 5 days. I've submitted 2 tickets to INIZ, one saying my VPS was offline and once I realized the severity of the outage, a second ticket about the entire node being offline. These tickets remained without answer for 3 days.

On Tuesday 1:17 PM (72+ hours ago), I finally received the following email from INIZ:

We are aware of issues relating to LA4 and are waiting for replacement RAID card as the spare did not detect the raid config.

We appreciate your patience during this matter and hope to have this fixed by tomorrow, credit will be issued and several spares will be kept for the future.

Regards,

INIZ

On Thursday 11:26 AM (22 hours ago), I received another reply from INIZ:

Hello,

We are temporarily copying your VM to a existing node to get you back online, during this time control panel access will not be available.

We will email as soon as further updates are available, existing tickets will be temporarily closed to clear queue.

Thank you for your patience.

After looking to see if any of my tickets were updated with similar info, I was surprised to find that instead of my tickets being "temporarily closed", they were actually completed deleted. Not closed, deleted. 404 when viewing the ticket.

Every day since Monday, I've tried entering the INIZ IRC channel but not once has Patrick ever been around or answered. Instead, I'm left with an auto reply of "Patrick is away: i'm not here you f***er...".

Awesome...

Now, some of you might be thinking: "What do you expect from a budget provider?". Bulls**t. Ramnode is a prime example of how budget hosting can be done right. I've had 5 servers with them, never had a single outage longer than 10 minutes (scheduled maintenance), and the average ticket response I've received has been under 10 minutes.

I've lost 2 paying customers as a direct result of this nonsense with INIZ. My node to this day remains offline, with no indication that it will ever be fixed.

"Enterprise Hosting at Budget Hosting" couldn't be further from the truth. Stay well away if you value your sanity.

Comments

• Oops one of my site is hosted in their company Netherland node, should I be move away? Already taking backup.

• @programer said:
    Oops one of my site is hosted in their company Netherland node, should I be move away? Already taking backup.

I certainly would. If I had the option to make a backup of my box, I'd be long gone by now.

• Actually will they try to come back from an huge outage like this and earn back customers? Is it all over?

• @programer said:
    Actually will they try to come back from an huge outage like this and earn back customers? Is it all over?

It's possible. As far as I know, they have quite a few customers.

• I am in their openvz.io service. Making efforts to move back immediately.

• Iniz never had good support. I moved out almost an year back and thank God I moved.

• @Mistraval said:
    Not once has Patrick ever been around or answered.

I thought he sold Iniz?

• @Microlinux said:
    I thought he sold Iniz?

He did, but he's still on the staff, he PM'ed me a little bit back about a comment I made on the network perfomance in the NY location.

• MistravalMistraval Member
    edited September 2015

@Nekki said: He did, but he's still on the staff, he PM'ed me a little bit back about a comment I made on the network perfomance in the NY location.

How long ago was this?

• From my experience, Patrick Hayward should find another career more suited to his manner, if he is still in INIZ, this thread is no surprise.

• programerprogramer Member
    edited September 2015

I wonder how can one man (Patrick Hayward ) do anything related to a network outage and bring back the company's brand name?

• I was an openvz.io fanboy. It's a bummer seeing posts like this. I hope it gets resolved.

• INIZ is shit anyways.

• @Mistraval said:
    How long ago was this?

Less than a month, August 25th.

• Damn, that's sad. INIZ was always one of the greatest - as long as it was under Patrick's wings.

• I would not call them one of the greatest, they provided a decent service, not really sure they went above and beyond that to be classed as one of the greatest.

• @Lee said:
    not really sure they went above and beyond that to be classed as one of the greatest.

Patrick did. He was willing to go check/optimize my configs while my server was under heavy load.

IIRC he said he's staffing Iniz for few months while transitioning to new owner. Perhaps that period is over then Murphy strikes Iniz?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • I have had a few issues, but they are by far a better company then this posts shows. Its a hardware failure, and they are working to replace it. Sometimes shit happens. They did work quickly to get it resolved, and do work very hard to make things better.

I think this is just someone whom is angry that there server is down for a few days. Even his quotes from the ticket show this is a hardware failure.

edited September 2015

@Mun said:

I think this is just someone whom is angry that there server is down for a few days. Even his quotes from the ticket show this is a hardware failure.

I am also seeing that our website and the server works fine till now even though we had initiated a transfer, it may be a hardward issue but I feel that it should have been addressed within one day max. Clients in turn will have their own clients relying on that server, who will answer to them?

• If you need that type of SLA, then you need to purchase a service with that kind of SLA. An example would be Linode, Rackspace, Amazon. That is why it costs more as well. They have dedicated staff, parts, hardware, etc. on hand. These guys are just a small cheap vps company. As such I don't see anything wrong with this. They are working on the problem, and I payed them only 7$ for a vps with a bunch of perks that would normally cost ~50$.

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • personally i don't like when iniz being sold, but the service it's quite stable on the node i'm on. shit happen, i can feel you but iniz honestly isn't that bad, that is why I host my website with them. I'm thinking to move to vmbox after my current service end, but well lets see.

• Shit happen, but waiting days for fixing a hardware failure is not acceptable, even for low budget hosters. On the other hand, OP should have backups if he sold the service to clients, and after some hours of downtime, he should temp move the services elswere

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • coder4coder4 Member
    edited September 2015

I have a vps with INIZ and on the same server as @Mistraval , opend 3 tickets till now, and THEY JUST CLOSED EVERY TICKET WITHOUT any further explanation.
    Oh foget about the their 'RAID REPAIR' EMail, it's a joke. Take 5 days to replace a hardware ?

• If their backup has problems it can take even longer at times to get a new one in. I've seen and read of quite a few raid cards being bad out of box.

edited September 2015

But why they are deleting the tickets? Its a bad practice, my ticket with them is still unanswered for last two days. We had moved our sites to other provider already but waiting for them to reply.

• My ticket went unanswered for last two days, moved my websites to other hosts immediately

• @Mun said:
    I have had a few issues, but they are by far a better company then this posts shows. Its a hardware failure, and they are working to replace it. Sometimes shit happens. They did work quickly to get it resolved, and do work very hard to make things better.

It's still not resolved almost 7 days later. New ticket's been unanswered for 3 days.

• @Mistraval said:
    It's still not resolved almost 7 days later. New ticket's been unanswered for 3 days.

Then email them? Ask them what is going on? Personally, I have had zero issues with them and I have an understanding that hardware can have issues. If you want 100% uptime then you need to look for a different host with that SLA. i.e. linode.

Thanked by 1Mistraval
  • @Mun said: Then email them? Ask them what is going on? Personally, I have had zero issues with them and I have an understanding that hardware can have issues. If you want 100% uptime then you need to look for a different host with that SLA. i.e. linode.

Do you read? New ticket's been unanswered for 3 days.

I sent 4 emails in total. 3 were deleted, one's been left unanswered for 3 days.

Thanked by 1RA4W
  • @Mistraval said:
    I sent 4 emails in total. 3 were deleted, one's been left unanswered for 3 days.

Emails are not tickets. It's a hardware issue and they do take time to fix. As I have stated over and over again, if you need a better uptime requirement then find a new provider that has the SLA you want.

Stop complaining and be patient.