Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free forward DNS to all existing clients
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free forward DNS to all existing clients

miTgiBmiTgiB Member
edited April 2012 in Providers

Copy of mass email sent, but many bounces so posting here FYI, come on people, have valid email in your accounts ;)

****This is a mass email****

I've installed the latest SolusVM beta on https://solus.hostigation.com:5656 and the two big features are reverse dns for IPv6 and forward dns. Please set your rdns for IPv6 if you wish, I am working on getting the rdns servers authoritative for all the IPv6 zones.

Forward DNS is now available directly in SolusVM as well, I have enabled the function for everyone, you are all able to add upto 100,000 dns records, so hopefully that will be enough. The DNS cluster is diversely located on Hostigation VPS servers in Los Angeles CA and Charlotte NC. If you make use of this feature, you will want to set the nameservers at your registrar to:

rdns1.hostigation.com 69.85.93.8
rdns2.hostigation.com 69.85.88.152

Some registrars require the IP, some do not.

If you have dns already hosted via the free cPanel managed dns service, you have no need to move over, and can continue to use that service at no charge, this is simply available to everyone now.

And since this is beta software, please kick the tires, and report any problems found and I will pass anything on to SolusLabs

Tim

Comments

• u4iau4ia Member

@miTgiB said: come on people, have valid email in your accounts ;)

Maybe you should send them an email to let them know their email isn't valid.

/troll :)

• 3 1/2 years later, you can now do this within WHMCS

Hostigation is pleased to announce the ability to manage DNS from within your client panel. In preparing for an upcoming addition of a distributed storage VPS cloud offerings, DNS management is a need for that offering. You can now add as many domains as you wish to make use of our PowerDNS cluster, with servers located in Los Angeles, Charlotte, and Virginia to resolve your domain zone records. It does not matter if you registered your domain through Hostigation or with anyone else, you are welcome to make use of our DNS Cluster to relieve the need to run your own DNS server on your VPS.

We have prepared a Knowledge Base entry for using this service, and if you find anything lacking, please open a ticket to with your suggestions. https://hostigation.com/billing/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=5

Thanked by 1budi1413