Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NginX PHP - HHVM MySQL Installer CentOS Debian Ubuntu
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NginX PHP - HHVM MySQL Installer CentOS Debian Ubuntu

22982298 Member
edited September 2015 in Tutorials

Note: Please check the latest post for additional features

Hi,

I know that this is a bit old, i recreated NginX PHP MySQL installer from the great LNMP script. This is just an auto installer without any added optimization or best / recommended config, because i believe that everyone has their own configuration needs for website / apps.

Here are the supported distro

• CentOS (32bit, 64bit)
  • Debian (32bit, 64bit)
  • Ubuntu (32bit, 64bit)

Note: For distro versions, please check README.txt included in the script package

How to install

Download the script - Unpack - Make executable - Run!

Download the script at http://otoinstall.com

The detail of documentation can be found here: hxxp://frm.otoinstall.com/showthread.php?tid=3

for centos

./centos.sh

for debian/ubuntu

./debuntu.sh

Important: For Debian/Ubuntu, in 3 or 4 minutes after the installation starts, it will stop and ask to input MySQL password. Just skip it by pressing enter, don't input password again because it will override MySQL installation config.

Optional
Create log file so it can be detected if there's error on the installation process

script log.txt

Additional script for setup / remove virtual host + wordpress

./vhost.sh

I'm just a noob when it comes to arrange bash code, so i learning the code from various source, i'm open for any suggestions, thanks. :)

Edited by mod as requested by OP

Comments

• I'll try to automate this script in my free time to detect OS itself :)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • rokokrokok Member
    edited September 2015

Thanks, just saw the code there is lots of installer like this on github, this just really basic installation without security.

you can improved the script by securing the server first change port etc etc, other than that using stable nginx is boring, try mainline nginx and use HTTP/2.

ps: Are you from Indonesia?

• 22982298 Member
    edited September 2015

@Sady said:
    I'll try to automate this script in my free time to detect OS itself :)

had crossed in my mind about that, just add a few codes at the beginning, but i guess that means you need to add one more script or combine both script, which will take more time, hehe...

@rokok said:
    Thanks, just saw the code there is lots of installer like this on github, this just really basic installation without security.

you can improved the script by securing the server first change port etc etc, other than that using stable nginx is boring, try mainline nginx and use HTTP/2.

ps: Are you from Indonesia?

this script is already using nginx mainline version, i'm using nginx yum/apt mainline repo. http2, interesting, cmiiw but i think it is not yet release. basic security it would be a great addition, would be on my to do list. and yes i'm from ID ;)

• @2298 said:
    had crossed in my mind about that, just add a few codes at the beginning, but i guess that means you need to add one more script or combine both script, which will take more time, hehe...

Na, these three scripts can be merged into one without any user input like say it'll try to know what OS you're using to install things & will put some kind of file after the installation. You can simply check if that file exists then script won't go to installation process but rather call vhost adding function.

• @Sady said:
    Na, these three scripts can be merged into one without any user input like say it'll try to know what OS you're using to install things & will put some kind of file after the installation. You can simply check if that file exists then script won't go to installation process but rather call vhost adding function.

Nice. BTW this script supports CentOS 6, 7, Debian 7, Ubuntu 14.04. Full info can be look here. PM me if you don't mind later after you edit, and i will update it.

• @2298 Was modifying the script for a while now, I think it's done just going to checking it. BTW use elif instead of else if & don't put extra lines between if things.

• add HHVM to bring cuteness : )

• @Sady said:
    2298 Was modifying the script for a while now, I think it's done just going to checking it. BTW use elif instead of else if & don't put extra lines between if things.

Yeah, elif would be okay, it's just me a bit lazy to change things that i wrote from the beginnings =))

@Dazzle said:
    add HHVM to bring cuteness : )

i was just thinking of adding hhvm, but out there i read from some blog that later PHP-FPM in PHP 7 will outperform HHVM, is that right?

• (y)

• Done ;) -- http://pastebin.com/mgzRseB7

All credits go to you. 2298 -- nothing has been changed except for the mashing of the two scripts and the OS detection.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    Done ;) -- http://pastebin.com/mgzRseB7

All credits go to you. 2298 -- nothing has been changed except for the mashing of the two scripts and the OS detection.

Nicely done, thanks. I'll check and test the script, also i happened to have added some new features, so i'll try to combine after done the test. i'll update here later.

• edited September 2015

Thanks guys for all the effort I love scripts :)
    EDIT: this is an idea for the future :
    How about adding the possibility to install install WordPress within a given website?

• @inthecloudblog said:
    Thanks guys for all the effort I love scripts :)
    EDIT: this is an idea for the future :
    How about adding the possibility to install install WordPress within a given website?

Hi, you're welcome. I'm sorry i don't get what you mean by install wordpress within a given website, but you can install / remove wordpress by using vhost.sh :) Or just add or remove vhost without wordpress.

• edited September 2015

@2298 said:
    Hi, you're welcome. I'm sorry i don't get what you mean by install wordpress within a given website, but you can install / remove wordpress by using vhost.sh :) Or just add or remove vhost without wordpress.

That is what I was looking for.

I have a question ( as most scripts I use are there): why not upload it there?

EDIT:
    Found this documentation:

http://frm.otoinstall.com/showthread.php?tid=3

Will fiddle with it when I have some time. At the time being I'm fiddling with some simple ANSI C code.

Where is the code orginally from ( from whom is it forked)?

• It's from LNMP

• Gotcha! The Chinese version, right?

• 22982298 Member
    edited September 2015

@inthecloudblog said:
    Gotcha! The Chinese version, right?

Yes, the chinese version. Btw script's been updated.

• phpMyAdmin 4.4.14.1
    • ImageMagick 6.9.2-1
    • [Added] GraphicsMagick 13.2.1

wget http://otoinstall.com/release/p/v2.0.p2.otoinstall.com.zip
      unzip v2.0.p2.otoinstall.com.zip
      chmod +x *

• wat

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

This kind of scripts are good for noobs, but noobs don't know how to protect their servers, so, if some security tools like CSF and Fail2ban are pre-installed, will be very good.

• 22982298 Member
    edited September 2015

@cassa said:

wat

Sorry, mistyped, corrected, thank you bro.

@jmginer said:
    This kind of scripts are good for noobs, but noobs don't know how to protect their servers, so, if some security tools like CSF and Fail2ban are pre-installed, will be very good.

Yeah it would be easy if CSF and Fail2ban are just pre-installed, i'll just add it. The problem is configuration, this script i recreated is really just installer without additional configuration added, because i know everyone has / needs different configuration, including security (even if it is very basic), so i decided to not suggest some settings or configs.

You know this script saves quite a lot of time, hehe...

• after ./debuntu.sh this show : " please input your public IP adress : " ip vps or ip my isp? i can't find in documentation

• Ip vps

Thanked by 1artman
  • its possible to replace mysql with mariaDB? and how? thanks :D

• look at the source code and replace the mysql bit with mariadb before executing the script?

you want to make sure you've got mariadb in your apt/yum repo or check any download links after mysql to correspond to mariadb installs.

artman said: its possible to replace mysql with mariaDB? and how? thanks :D

Thanked by 1artman
  • i've finish install on my vps, base information from this site, the primary software is nginx, mysql and php ver 5. Now i've thinking to install LEMH stack, but not found yet easy installl script like this one.