Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic Jax05 offline more than a week?!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic Jax05 offline more than a week?!

Anyone experiencing this issue also? After Quadra acquisition/migration, the jax05 node is down more than a week, support said that there is an issue in jax05, but not solved yet for a long time. :/

Comments

• I'm not having any issues but not sure which node I'm on.

@dustinc

• @sambling said:
    I'm not having any issues but not sure which node I'm on.

dustinc

Hop onto solus.

• there was a very short downtime (with uptime doctor alert) yesterday on LAOVZ03
    @Dazzle that sounds no good - best luck!

• DazzleDazzle Member
    edited September 2015

@TropiThomas said:

Dallas? do not remember crissic offers Dallas...

Last reply was on 08/25/2015 (whmcs ticket time) saying that they're currently working on it, no update nor good news since then.

• @Dazzle said:

Thats a image of our Solus. Thats where crissic used to tell you which node.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2015

Well, QuadraNet has a damn good network, but the acquisition of Crissic has just caused it to go downhill, @dustinc. Seriously, if QuadraNet is going to buy out a respectable brand, at least provide some decent support like @SkylarM did.

Apart from that, I just got rid of my Crissic (QuadraNet) VPS. The amount of migrations and downtime is just plain unacceptable.

• They've started stacking more and more customers onto single nodes, my performance has dropped ten fold since the take over..

Support is shite, "its fixed" "abuse on node"

Or "your DD test is limited by VPSMON", which is fair but when it takes 25 minutes to run yum update .. It's kind of obvious there's bigger issues..

Migration to another node is seriously said in almost every ticket. Might as well be in their signature...

• Plus 1 for this...

@ATHK said:
    They've started stacking more and more customers onto single nodes, my performance has dropped ten fold since the take over..

Or "your DD test is limited by VPSMON", which is fair but when it takes 25 minutes to run yum update .. It's kind of obvious there's bigger issues..

Migration to another node is seriously said in almost every ticket. Might as well be in their signature...

• TropiThomas said: Hop onto solus.

Ah.. Been managing everything from withinn WHMCS. I thought they'd done a VPSDime and locked down Solus.

OVZ04

• Lolol here comes @onrahost

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@ATHK said:
    They've started stacking more and more customers onto single nodes, my performance has dropped ten fold since the take over..

We've not "stacked" more and more customers onto single nodes. There is no present point to do so.

If you're having an issue, just open a ticket and we'll help. A ticket sitting a week is unacceptable, I suspect your ticket was closed accidentally or something of that nature. I don't see why it'd be sitting otherwise. What is your ticket number?

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@doghouch said:
    Well, QuadraNet has a damn good network, but the acquisition of Crissic has just caused it to go downhill, dustinc. Seriously, if QuadraNet is going to buy out a respectable brand, at least provide some decent support like SkylarM did.

Apart from that, I just got rid of my Crissic (QuadraNet) VPS. The amount of migrations and downtime is just plain unacceptable.

I appreciate the comment, and can understand your frustrations. The level of support has not changed; it has only improved. We still have Ryan on queue, and we've added Andrew, Adam and a few others.

Nothing hardware, IPv4 or IPv6 has changed.

Again, regarding the scheduled maintenance downtime, I can sympathize.

• dustinc said: We've not "stacked" more and more customers onto single nodes. There is no present point to do so.

You sure about that? Then why has my performance dropped significantly since you have taken over? Why does something as simple as nano or yum update take over 3 minutes to initiate?

It's a bit better since notifying support .. but honestly it's not what it used to be..

If you're having an issue, just open a ticket and we'll help. A ticket sitting a week is unacceptable, I suspect your ticket was closed accidentally or something of that nature. I don't see why it'd be sitting otherwise. What is your ticket number?

I've already opened a ticket, it took awhile for an answer however.

And here was the response,

Hello Daniel,

I'm able to pull 141MB/s from the node in question right now. It depends on the load from other users throughout the day as well as your VPS.

Thank You,

Ryan Hamel
    Crissic Solutions

And another,

Hi Daniel,

As explained in Ticket #726477, VPSMON will be activated if the node is under higher-than-usual load, in that case VPSMON will activate its I/O management features to throttle I/O on processes such as "dd".

If you would like, I can migrate you to another node.

Thank You,

Adam Ng

Anyway, the ticket is #252206

And my latest test,

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh      -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5650  @ 2.67GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency :  2666.739 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 256 MB
    Total amount of swap : 256 MB
    System uptime :   57 days, 12:37,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 104MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 29.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 65.8MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 16.2MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 2.66MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 15.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 12.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 73.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 93.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 32.4MB/s
    I/O speed :  61.3 MB/s

What I want to know is, why "moving" node should even be a response, is VPSMON actually used at all or is that another excuse?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Well, if everyone keeps "benchmarking" the node, you, and other Customers are simply hindering the performance yourself.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited September 2015

@Clouvider said:
    Well, if everyone keeps "benchmarking" the node, you, and other Customers are simply hindering the performance yourself.

So clearly testing IO when there's a issue is hindering it completely.. Would you rather me open a ticket with no information for them at all and never getting a response or answer because I've shown no proof.

Such logic!

edited September 2015

@ATHK said:
    Such logic!

DD test is useless in measuring performance.
    There are people who as I understand made several tests already. If X amount of people performs similar tests constantly it simply uses all the resources available and hence hinders the performance. It might as well be that there is no big issue, but a small one that is exaggerated by the number of tests running on the node at any given time.

I'm not defending the provider, by any means, just pointing what can be causing the problem.

• @Clouvider said:
    There are people who as I understand made several tests already. If X amount of people performs similar tests constantly it simply uses all the resources available and hence hinders the performance. It might as well be that there is no big issue, but a small one that is exaggerated by the number of tests running on the node at any given time.

I really don't see the issue if I do it once or twice, for needed proof of slow disk, even if its incorrect, it still supplies the provider with something other than "my VPS is slow".

I'm unsure what you're trying to disprove here, are you just trolling? Or are you trying to protect your employee? Do you work for them? Do you have a VPS with them?

• What you expect more from EOL crissic? Accept it or move on (just did).

@ATHK said:
    I'm unsure what you're trying to disprove here, are you just trolling? Or are you trying to protect your employee? Do you work for them? Do you have a VPS with them?

Nah, I don't, and I didn't meant a responsible 1 or 2 short tests. I have a feeling that your neighbours might be not as considerate as you though.

• @Clouvider said:
    Nah, I don't, and I didn't meant a responsible 1 or 2 short tests. I have a feeling that your neighbours might be not as considerate as you though.

That.. Or they're stacking. The server has been fine for almost one year, except for a hiccup with Dropbox failing to load on one node.

Again, since the take over I've seen a massive decrease it both network and disk.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • If you want to do a quick disk test that doesn't hammer the node, try ioping. I just ran it on my Crissic VPS in Florida:

# ioping -c10 / ... 10 requests completed in 9.0 s, 9.1 k iops, 35.5 MiB/s min/avg/max/mdev = 66 us / 109 us / 144 us / 21 us

Here's some old results from July 2014 after I got the VPS:
    10 requests completed in 9.1 s, 67 iops, 272.0 KiB/s min/avg/max/mdev = 105 us / 14.7 ms / 86.5 ms / 26.1 ms

This Crissic VPS in Florida has never been that wonderful, but it has usually been good enough for what I need it for.

My main issue before (and still) are network drop-outs. I don't know if it's a routing issue, or the node is getting DDoS'd or what. I use it to monitor other servers and every now and then it has a fit, sometimes for hours, reporting all or some of my servers are down when they're not.

I was hoping it would improve when they moved data centers, but it hasn't. Whatever. My Los Angeles VPS is much better overall than the one in Florida, by the way.

Short of some hiccups during the move, things seem to be overall the same as they were before for me.

• @Jonchun said:

huh???

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited September 2015

Just to humor you

ioping -c10 /
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/15790): request=1 time=180 us
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/15790): request=2 time=177 us
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/15790): request=3 time=128 us
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/15790): request=4 time=156 us
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/15790): request=5 time=133 us
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/15790): request=6 time=99.5 ms
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/15790): request=7 time=205 us
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/15790): request=8 time=107 us
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/15790): request=9 time=28.7 ms
    4.0 KiB from / (simfs /vz/private/15790): request=10 time=104 us

--- / (simfs /vz/private/15790) ioping statistics ---
    10 requests completed in 9.1 s, 77 iops, 309.1 KiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 104 us / 12.9 ms / 99.5 ms / 30.1 ms

Honestly, not sure what I'm looking at here, DD seems to literally write a large file, compared to this which doesn't.

Unsure how that's any different?

Anyway, still no response from Crissic on here anyway.

[EDIT] Also this, just tested, much better results.

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh      -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5650  @ 2.67GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency :  2666.739 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 256 MB
    Total amount of swap : 256 MB
    System uptime :   58 days, 9:56,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 103MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 29.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 64.5MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 17.3MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 11.9MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 14.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 11.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 64.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 89.1MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 8.37MB/s
    I/O speed :  115 MB/s

I'd still love to know what VPSMON is doing and if that's just an excuse they use when the disk useage is poor, it's quite evident that the disk was being trashed at the time as simple commands took minutes.

• DazzleDazzle Member
    edited September 2015

@ATHK, lucky you still having the vps running.

The vps that I complained about is not mine, but a friend. I do recommend Crissic to some friends. It is really disappointing @SkylarM sold his "baby" and let other people fed her. The people that raising and feeding your baby is not doing it right. Do you feel sorry for that? Did you include our loyalty as a price when you sell crissic?

Sorry for being so personal, but you've already win our loyalty. I do not mind if you raise your price to keep up your business. But selling it and saying that you're not interested again in lowend area, really disappointing.

@dustinc, please remember that we are crissic customer, not quadra. We do give you chance to manage crissic as Skylar do, so we do not mind staying with you with price increases. But this experience change all, you're not transparent what is going on, vps performance degradation, and 7+ days downtime without any news/announcement is really unacceptable. I personally won't stay with you, so please fix the node.

• Dazzle said: I personally won't stay with you

It's what they want!

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2015

@linuxthefish said:
    It's what they want!

They only wanted the IP space for hoarding purposes :P

@ATHK 100 MB/second IO speeds... i cri I miss @SkylarM :/

• Despicable....

• Update: it seems jax05 is up.

Thank you @dustinc for your cooperation, we'll packed up our things asap.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @dustinc , suppose I'm going to be ignored right?

• Dustin probably had the weekend off. He probably didnt have to work like some of us "peasants."

Thanked by 1dustinc