Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Start a Hosted Email Service ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to Start a Hosted Email Service ?

2»

Comments

• shovenose said: If you have to ask how to do it then you should not do it.

Shove it to your nose man! It is always free to ask. If you don't want to answer it then just ignore

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • MridulMridul Member
    edited September 2015

@shovenose said:
    If you have to ask how to do it then you should not do it.

I was watching an old video. I was fascinated how Google didnt knew "how to earn" , and eventually got the idea frm overture way back in 2000s.

Google is a Billion $ enterprise today.

I have heard that even Steve Jobs didnt create Apple 1 and DOS was not Gates' creation !

Infact, one of the founders of docstoc, Jason , famously said "you dont need to have the product , to sell a product" .

I am from India, we dont understand the term "impossible" .

Thanked by 1sambling
  • @Mridul said:
    I am from India, we dont understand the term "impossible" .

Venture Capitalists in India are also 'impossible' from what I've heard.

Bootstrapping FTW.

• @vimalware said:
    Bootstrapping FTW.

No. Its easy in Bangalore.

• @Jar said: (…long article…)

Wow! WOW! I'm officially impressed! Great job :)

BTW: why choose Exim as opposed to Postfix? Was this Cpanel-related or were there other reasons perhaps?

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

aglodek said: Wow! WOW! I'm officially impressed! Great job :)

Thanks!

aglodek said: BTW: why choose Exim as opposed to Postfix? Was this Cpanel-related or were there other reasons perhaps?

It actually is due to cPanel. At HostGator I spent so many countless hours going through Exim logs/configuration that it definitely became my comfort zone. Postfix isn't bad, I just don't have the same hours logged with it.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @Jar I know how hard you've been working to avoid spam. I also had some kind of similar system on a host I used to work with. I had some self-written bash scripts with some CSF stuff configured with Slack but still sometimes had to face RBL listing.
    I really appreciate your efforts & I'm liking your services too & now most (if not all) of my domains are using mxroute :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • Jar said: I spend a minimum of 2 hours every day tailing exim mainlog of a server to identify trends. You don't need to invade privacy really, it's pretty obvious that "[email protected]" is spam.

Don't tail exim_mainlog without exigrep. Trust me. exigrep makes the output so much nicer.

Thanked by 1jar
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

If you just want to resell google apps has a reseller/partner plan -> https://www.google.com/work/apps/business/landing/partners/resellers/