Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IntenseNode spam - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IntenseNode spam

124»

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited September 2015

@AnthonySmith are you Mao #2? Everything turns into attack against you now? FYI i didn't mean to attack you, but i did find it a funny coincidence that you were so active in this thread, especially with your N times mentioning someones nick when you yourself launched an email marketing campaign at the same time. It might be legit email marketing, but in some parts of the world we don't like email marketing, legit or not.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2015

As for marketing e-mails, I could understand exclusive coupons for existing customers, but a raffle for a f*cking tablet, that's going a bit too far. But in that case I understand where that came from, that it's not spam, and that I could unsubscribe. Still don't want to miss any real offers, so guess have to tolerate the tablet b/s once in a while.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • DillybobDillybob Member
    edited September 2015

CVPS_Chris said: It was not me or anyone currently associated with CVPS. If I had to take a stab in the dark it is just someone using old DB when we were unfortunately hacked twice a few years back.

You're so far off.

My email / account was used to purchase the 75 cent package several months ago. And I only signed up with 1 VPS Provider with that email address (HINT: It was with CVPS), it couldn't of been years 'back'.

Make a better guess.

Thanked by 1DomainBop
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2015

rds100 said: @AnthonySmith are you Mao #2? Everything turns into attack against you now? FYI i didn't mean to attack you, but i did find it a funny coincidence that you were so active in this thread, especially with your N times mentioning someones nick when you yourself launched an email marketing campaign at the same time. It might be legit email marketing, but in some parts of the world we don't like email marketing, legit or not.

Are you taking the piss now or what, are you really this dense you don't even understand how ridiculous this is, now rather than saying "Sorry I did not mean it that way" you attack @Maounique as part of a justification for attacking me?

1) where did 'Everything' come from?

2) Sure you meant to attack me, what other reason could there be for applying such bullshit logic, e.g. CVPS customers are getting spammed by another company who stole their database being compared to me sending genuine marketing emails to my own customers, I mean unless you have the IQ of a shoe I cant see how else you could compare them?

3) I am fine with you speaking for your entire region of the world when it comes to marketing preferences, I think its a bit arrogant but regardless I will take your work for it, not that it makes any difference because you have 2 ways of making sure it does not happen.

rm_ said: Still don't want to miss any real offer

There are real offers in the email, its not a raffle, its an incentive.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited September 2015

@Vienna said:
    Yes, two spam mails yesterday. The source of the email address is Chicago VPS.
    (I use unique addresses for each provider/service, hence traceable and 100% certain).

^^This.

• I can confirm attempts were made to an old ChicagoVPS-only email address I had.

• I can confirm even further because a customer shared with me that they received the email (since their address is marked as a "SPAMLover" at their request, it actually was delivered to their inbox).

• And once I get any SPAM to unique addresses, I either auto-classify any future email attempts to those unique addresses as SPAM -OR- auto-blacklist the sender's domain.

• Problem permanently solved.

EDIT: Remember CVPS acquired numerous companies ... so it is possible to get this via multiple former VPS companies who had your email address.

• geekalot said: Problem permanently solved.

But it's not. I don't really care about random spam emails, those can be easily filtered out. It bothers me more is that (apparently) someone I never had any business with or doesn't have any business with anyone I ever had business with suddenly has my personal data.

Thanked by 1Dillybob
  • DillybobDillybob Member
    edited September 2015

geekalot said: EDIT: Remember CVPS acquired numerous companies ... so it is possible to get this via multiple former VPS companies who had your email address.

That's not true in this case though, because I never bought from any other vps provider with my current account (only bought from CVPS). So if they were to acquire personal data from other companies I would of NEVER got the spam email. Unless that data was included? And if it was included, that would mean they still would of used it...... (or sold it, or whatever)

Chris is basically selling our personal data and playing save ass on the forums. The guy doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone but himself. No Dignity, no respect for clientele data, nothing.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Dillybob, what you are saying is false. Please stop trying to make an issue out of something that is not true.

We did not sent out any email under any alias company.

The emails being used are from an old dump like I have explained. You are the only one that is claiming to be a "more recent client".

That being said we are investigating this issue to see who did this. We will not stand for this malicious behavior.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@CVPS_Chris said:

The emails being used are from an old dump like I have explained. You are the only one that is claiming to be a "more recent client".

I got the email but I've never been a customer with CVPS. I once was with 123systems using that email address where I received the email.

Funny thing is that I could not request a password reset from CVPS so my guess is that the two databases never merged.

Still an open question on where Intensenode got the list from but since the site is down and they closed before it really got started perhaps this thread could be set to sink or even closed ?

Thank this post if you vote for one of those options.

Thanked by 1CVPS_Chris
  • @vedran said:
    But it's not. I don't really care about random spam emails, those can be easily filtered out. It bothers me more is that (apparently) someone I never had any business with or doesn't have any business with anyone I ever had business with suddenly has my personal data.

Yep, I agree on that. It is sad that that level of "shadiness" happens at all.

(That's why I advocate this when signing up with a provider .... note how that comment, I posted months ago even refers to CVPS. But, yes, your case is even more egregious since you never even signed up with them)

mikho said: Funny thing is that I could not request a password reset from CVPS so my guess is that the two databases never merged.

Its the same for me but the other way round, never a 123systems customer, signed up for CVPS post hack, if you combine only your outcome and mine together the only possible 3 options are:

1) stolen database(s) (via hack/ex-employee)

2) sold database(s)

3) this was a new CVPS puppet company and they used the database for mailing.

I would actually be OK with 3 but as he has already essentially dismissed that I don't see any other options, I don't care if 123/WLS were hacked, i never signed up for either of those, the only constant in any of these is CVPS.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2015

@CVPS_Chris

I think this should be your new theme song, I start hearing it in my head anytime I see you post anyways, lol:

"I apologize for the viloence. I swear I am killing every single thing I touch. Let's have a moment of silence, for anyone that thinks I could give two f**ks.."

#WINNING, right?

Cheers!