Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebHostingTalk Worst of the Hosting Industry - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebHostingTalk Worst of the Hosting Industry

124»

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

I quite enjoyed your video! Kudos!

But...But....You're a corporate member. You can't be trusted.

• Lee said: But...But....You're a corporate member. You can't be trusted.

Exactly. Just because a person pays $ for a 'forum title', is irrelevant to their trustworthiness. Unless, WHT does periodic background checks including but not limited to: Quality Insurance, Fraud Investigations, etc.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

@dillybob - you cunt, I thought you were blocking my posts.

Thanked by 2Nekki Pwner
  • Dillybob said: including but not limited to: Quality Insurance, Fraud Investigations, etc.

...credit check, criminal record check, psychological evaluation, contacting latest employers, tenants...

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Traffic said: ...credit check, criminal record check, psychological evaluation, contacting latest employers, tenants...

Nah, wouldn't go that far. But some type of background check is needed on hosts. Just even a monthly check up would be fine, brief google search, a look at their past-reviews, maybe even to go as far as the host needs to provide a WHT Quality Assurance checker a test account so they can confirm they have working service. (Or something along those lines). No need to do a background check similar to Law Enforcement applicants :P

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Lee said:
    But...But....You're a corporate member. You can't be trusted.

Well, yeah, but not all corp members are evil you know.
    Trust me or not, I agreed with most things said in this video :)

I fully agree that corp title should not be advertised as trust title, I've made the same statement on WHT as well if you search a bit... more often than not people are mislead by the title and that is truly unfair.

Also if you'd search a bit further you'd see not all corp members are GVH-like evil.

• LeeLee Veteran

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1451996&page=7

Start there, you will see my comments from earlier in the year. My suggestions on that page are crazy, but wait..

edited June 2015

HBAndrei said: Also if you'd search a bit further you'd see not all corp members are GVH-like evil.

100% Agree. I know that there are actually a lot of hosts (probably 90% of them) are perfectly legit and fine, but the small ones that do creep in (like GVH for example) ruin it for the rest of them. Thus, WHT needs to take action somehow and do some type of monthly check on them. Just because a corporate title host that posts on their forums regularly (mostly sig spammers, but not going into that), doesn't mean they're actually legit. As we can see in the case with GVH's announcement topic... (Which was.. you guessed it, later deleted). Which was a good part on WHT to be honest.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:
    dillybob - you cunt, I thought you were blocking my posts.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

• PwnerPwner Member

@Lee said:
    dillybob - you cunt, I thought you were blocking my posts.

I choked on my drink at work. I'll be spending the next 5 minutes cleaning up my desk. Props on not missing a beat.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

Pwner said: Props on not missing a beat.

Thanks, I try my best. I owe all my skills from watching @Nekki

Thanked by 2Nekki Pwner
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

Dillybob said: 100% Agree. I know that there are actually a lot of hosts (probably 90% of them) are perfectly legit and fine, but the small ones that do creep in (like GVH for example) ruin it for the rest of them.

But isn't GVH a legit registered company? ( I don't know, I'm just asking )
    But if they are they would still pass the legitimacy test you propose WHT would do on their corp members...

And YES, I fully agree that a handfull of corp members can surely ruin it for everyone else, thus decreasing the value of actually having a corp membership... and yet the price for corp membership has increased with NO additional benefits =/

edited June 2015

HBAndrei said: But isn't GVH a legit registered company? ( I don't know, I'm just asking ) But if they are they would still pass the legitimacy test you propose WHT would do on their corp members...

Cannot answer if they were a 'legit company' as I don't really know the main logistics behind determining that. (LLC, etc) but, I'm sure others here might know.

Although, with that said, a simple google search of them on a monthly basis would show more red flags than I don't know what. That's all I'm really asking for from WHT, is some type of monthly 'checking up' on hosts thing. (Quality Assurance). Making sure customers are actually being cared for ~. And that hosts are not being arrested for felonies, etc.

• Dillybob said: You know that the offer sections are extremely saturated and for you to pay $1000 for a sticky thread and $200 more for bold tiles only for your topic to be seen is just outrageous. Do you honestly believe those prices are reasonable?

Umm we have a sticky on two sections.... we sure as hell receive well over the amount of clients it takes to pay back the sticky, bold, highlight, AND "pay" (i use that term loosely as we own our hardware) for all servers on a monthly term.

So while you may not think it's worth it..I can assure it it 100% is. Theres a reason it's always sold out.

IMO you know nothing about how the world and advertising works. You've NEVER had a membership, you've NEVER had a sticky thread...yet you have such amazing and drastic opinions on this.

NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO GO TO WHT.** NOBODY...** So please stop with all the hate. You're not some god figure in the hosting industry, you're not going to get people to boycott WHT, no matter how hard you damn well want. Why is anyone going to listen to you? Seriously, why is anyone going to listen to you? All you've done this entire time is annoy people and refuse to give up your stance even when proven wrong.

WHT is obviously not for you, so simply **DO NOT GO THERE. ** Don't try to argue people away from there...All this shit is doing is making people want to go there even more, just so they don't have to see your useless, endless, and 100% opinionated hatred-claims here.

Mods need to lock this thread and let it sink. I don't even know why were discussing WHT and its "problems" on LET. WHT mods and Penton don't give rats ass about LET.....NOTHING CAN BE DONE HERE. it's useless to keep hearing this man and everyone else argue the same points over, and over, and over, and over again.

Thanked by 3Lee Pwner MartinD
    edited June 2015

OnraHost said: You've NEVER had a membership, you've NEVER had a sticky thread...yet you have such amazing and drastic opinions on this.

I've never hurt someone for fun, but I know it's "Bad". So what's your point? People cannot know about something unless they try it out? Sorry, I don't get that... And you don't need to buy a 'membership' to know about their benefits. Which you didn't even address one of the corporate benefits that I explained my video? The sticky feature is not a benefit, that is an extra $999... without the title features.

HostingCatalog.com? Really? You make well over the sticky amount and are generating a profit right? Why do you want a start up guide? Have you been to hostingcon? Are you planning on going there? Do you really take advantage of the flood posting limit? Do you like to post on their 5-second refresh forums on a daily basis? Have you ever used the 'Ad Forum Upgrade Discounts benefit to your benefit?

After I re-watched my video, the only real benefit I can see from the corporate title membership is the time for posting your ad is reduced to 3 days (instead of 7).

Maybe you can try to save your money from a sticky and just post ad's every 3 days I bet you you'll see the same amount of income being generated. Nonetheless, save your money on a 100$ bold topic title (which all of this: [sticky, bold title, etc] is NOT included in a corporate membership)

OnraHost said: IMO you know nothing about how the world and advertising works.

As I said above, I don't need to 'hurt' someone to know that it's wrong. I don't need a 'corportate membership' to know that it's wrong. And I sure as hell don't need to pay a website $1,444 a year to show the world I'm a successful / trustworthy host. Look at Francisco (buyVM) for example, and there are plenty others.

• @Dillybob Since you clearly missed my first paragraph....

Umm we have a sticky on two sections.... we sure as hell receive well over the amount of clients it takes to pay back the sticky, bold, highlight, AND "pay" (i use that term loosely as we own our hardware) for all servers on a monthly term.

So while you may not think it's worth it..I can assure it it 100% is. Theres a reason it's always sold out.

As I set here and tell you the " **real benefit **" is that it makes US web hosts a lot of money. Simple point to it. The real benefit is simply to make us money, and it does that job 100%. End of story.

Memberships and sticky aren't there for you, they aren't for John Doe who buys VPS's and shared web hosting. They are soley for US WEB HOSTS and for US to make money $$$$$. It's how the world works. I'm sorry you don't understand the concept of money, advertising, and business...I really am. But you need to stop talking on things you know 100% nothing about.

I've been advertising on WHT from before you've even knew the site existed. I've advertised not heir every way possible..

Dillybob said: Maybe you can try to save your money from a sticky and just post ad's every 3 days I bet you you'll see the same amount of income being generated.

STOP TALKING ON STUFF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. Maybe you can do this...maybe you can do that...I bet...

NO! STOP! Right there your entire argument is null and void. I've done that exactly and I can assure you, 10000000000% you make nothing close to the same amount.

Ughhhh you're so damn ignorant, that I don't even think you realize how ignorant you are.

MEMBERSHIP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ALL THE PERKS YOU GET. Memberships are for companies to make money plain and simple. Thats how they advertise it, thats what it's there for. The membership does exactly that.. If it didn't no one would buy it.

So right there I've proved your entire fucking argument null and void. People pay for it cause it gives value...

Sure I can buy a Honda and get from point A to B. But I can also buy a lambo to do the same job. You of course who clearly has no sense of anything, would probably argue with me that the Honda does the job and theres no need for the lambo as it has no added value/perks that are worth it. However the lambo is a preference and to ME and other owners, its 100% worth it. Now that doesn't mean I'm forcing you to buy a lambo does it???????? I'm not going around saying boycott hondas, am I? No.

MODS PLEASE LOCK THIS THEAD.

• wychwych Member
    Thanked by 2Mark_R OnraHost
    edited June 2015

OnraHost said: Memberships and sticky aren't there for you, they aren't for John Doe who buys VPS's and shared web hosting. They are soley for US WEB HOSTS and for US to make money $$$$$. It's how the world works. I'm sorry you don't understand the concept of money, advertising, and business...I really am. But you need to stop talking on things you know 100% nothing about.

Yeah, because every host that needs to be successful must use WHT.. Haha.

OnraHost said: Sure I can buy a Honda and get from point A to B. But I can also buy a lambo to do the same job. You of course who clearly has no sense of anything, would probably argue with me that the Honda does the job and theres no need for the lambo as it has no added value/perks that are worth it.

This is true, But what are you getting at? If you can buy a honda and do the same thing, why buy a lambo? Because it's a personal preference right? And you're entitled to that... but....

Just because it's a personal preference to you (doesn't MAKE IT RIGHT). This is my point. Just because YOU LIKE A LAMBO (or USE WHT) doesn't make it hold any more validity. And you're claiming I am the arrogant one? Also, no need for the ad hominen attacks. I'll just stop replying if you're going to continue with them, it's very annoying.

Also, just because you like to use a Lambo doesn't mean someone who drives a honda to work CANNOT make more money than you. That's essentially what you're saying and that is probably the most judgmental thing I've ever heard on this forum. Absolutely disgusting and very untrue.

• edited June 2015

Dillybob you're a massive **** and your obsession with WHT is scary, WHT is a fine website full of proper upstanding web hosts. and your video is the most boring pile of shit I've ever wasted 18 minutes of my life on...

what precisely are your credentials in the web hosting business to make such sweeping statements about a website? did WHT cause you personally some problem? you're such a bore...

• @Dillybob lmfao. You 100% missed the point of my example, then you go and make up some random shit about successful hosts, which i said nothing about :/ ... that alone shows me the low mental level your on.

I'm not even gonna respond back to you, cause your purely idiotic when it comes to these things haha. Your are at 100% lost cause here haha

@wych hahaha Thats the funniest thing i've seen all day. I really need to too... this guy is just crazy, he got no clue what he's arguing about. Plus I just watched that movie last night hehe.

edited June 2015

OnraHost said: @wych hahaha Thats the funniest thing i've seen all day. I really need to too... this guy is just crazy, he got no clue what he's arguing about. Plus I just watched that movie last night hehe.

Nope. I made very compelling arguments that you still have not even responded to. You either a) don't give a damn about it or b) lack the intellectual capacity, or c) so blinded by how much money you have spent on WHT you're stuck in ideology land.

You also have not responded back about any of the benefits except for sticky threads (which is not even a corporate membership benefit).

Cancer is viewed very different from an Oncologist as compared to a child who has it.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • why are you banging on about cancer? it's a forum about web hosting.

please get a life.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

testingtesting said: why are you banging on about cancer? it's a forum about web hosting.

Goddam, that was funny.

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • jhjh Member

Just in: corporate memberships up 20-30% and I get a great offer by email from WHT - save 20%!

• If you want to Boycott WHT, I was a Partner in a site Web Host Rally When I got out of it the board went pretty silent. The main thing with Web Host Rally is they will verify your service, they check the host hence Verified Host. When I was a partner we would verify the hosts by checking their whois, looking for reviews online checking to be sure they were not a shill company or summer provider they had to do business for atleast 6 months to be considered a Verified Host.

• The Anon-e-mouse and Postbox "guys" (or what ever gender they are) are really idiots.