Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM Custom Design?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM Custom Design?

PatrickPatrick Member
edited September 2012 in Providers

Any LEB provider using a custom SolusVM layout or sticking to default? Just know some have a different login page but inside is pretty much normal with slight edits.

We just started on ours and a ~hour of work by me:

Looking to change table style, usage bars etc. soon as well

Comments

• @StormVZ said: Any LEB provider using a custom SolusVM layout or sticking to default? Just know some have a different login page but inside is pretty much normal with slight edits.

We just started on ours and a ~hour of work by me:

Why fix if it is not broken? What will you do when new update comes out?

• @Taz_NinaHawk Update it just like anyone would do with WHMCS etc.? Not really hard as long as there's release notes and default style to check from

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2012

It's definitely on my to do list, but it's right there next to setting up templates and advertisement pages that appeal to shared hosting clients as a sort of upgrade.

Yours is looking good.

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited September 2012

@Jack said: LoveVPS do!

Yes we do (its being replaced shortly by another one):

Just incase your wondering yes I integrated that design, it was made by Sam Asante the design though for cPanel and adapted by me for SolusVM.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I keep it bland for resellers, although I guess spicing it up a bit wouldn't hurt.

• @Nick_A said: I keep it bland for resellers, although I guess spicing it up a bit wouldn't hurt.

We have resellers, but it has never really effected us since it doesn't mention any brand etc.

• @LV_Matt said: Yes we do (its being replaced shortly by another one):

>

Isn't that the custom cPanel theme I see everywhere?

• @Brandon said: Isn't that the custom cPanel theme I see everywhere?

Yup, but we have it in SolusVM instead, I got permission from Sam to integrate it. However he is a pretty good friend of mine.

• Infinitie.net got a custom design too :D

• Very nice integration @StormVZ! You're already showing yourself and you haven't launched yet, I like it! :D

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • We've integrated it with our billing panel and site. :)

http://tinyurl.com/725c3sl
    http://tinyurl.com/7qjhaeh
    http://tinyurl.com/6po74ft

• @Victor said: We've integrated it with our billing panel and site. :)

http://tinyurl.com/725c3sl

http://tinyurl.com/7qjhaeh
    http://tinyurl.com/6po74ft

Nice!

I never understood why people go through an effort of starting a business but then don't take the time to make 3rd party applications they use like SolusVM, WHMCS, cPanel/WHM, etc and look like it belongs to the brand.

When I browse some LEB sites as a customer, if I see a nice site and then a default WHMCS template, I just think it reflects poorly.

TL;DR Good integrations are good.

Thanked by 1Victor
  • @MannDude may be it is not worthy? I might understand whmcs, but why really worry about a control panel integration?

Out of zillion cpanel host out there, I am yet to see one with nice cpanel integration (E.I.G. Does not count).

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: may be it is not worthy? I might understand whmcs, but why really worry about a control panel integration?

I just like the idea of a customer having a similar/familiar visual throughout every aspect of their interaction with a company. I just think it gives off a much better impression to take the time to make your control panels and billing system look like a part of your site / brand.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@Taz_NinjaHawk I like bluehost's cpanel interface :P

• @rsk said: I like bluehost's cpanel interface :P

E.I.G DOESN'T COUNT! Btw, they are still using cpanel? I thought they would move everyone to Vdeck?

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: E.I.G DOESN'T COUNT! Btw, they are still using cpanel? I thought they would move everyone to Vdeck?

I think they're still using cPanel, but a modified version.

I remember trying to move accounts from a bluehost customer was a pain in the ass. I'm not sure why, but their backups aren't compatible with regular installs of cPanel and always had to be restored manually.

• @MannDude said: I'm not sure why,

They do not want their user to move?

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: They do not want their user to move?

Probably.

"We're just going to make it so after hours of struggle and stress, you give up on the idea of transferring to a reasonable host and realize you'd be better off staying with us." *Laughs evilly and lights Cuban cigar with on-hundred dollar bill.

• @MannDude said: We're just going to make it so after hours of struggle and stress, you give up on the idea of transferring to a reasonable host and realize you'd be better off staying with us

Have no fear, fiverr is here.

• bluehost's backup files are not actually created by cPanel's backup software built in. They created their own backup system that follows what cPanel does, but compresses it differently, stores it differently, and then removes all of the misc cPanel crap that cPanel puts in the backup.

It suits them well, their backup's are great and take up little space, but to move, requires anyone to manually restore it...which takes hours and hours of time and understanding of how cPanel backup's work. Bluehost/Hostmonster/fastdomain's pretty much hates everyone and make it a PITA to do anything with them. Now that they released "betterlinux" they think they are better than everyone else and do not conform to normalcy.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk Site5 have there own cPanel design and doesn't look too bad

• E.I.G loves to force customers to use their crappy software.

• It's actually nice, in the sense that it eliminates junk @ranty.

I reckon imports work fine with their own system as well, and that was what they intended.

Replying for the sake of replying is usually deemed bad practice, just sayin'.

• @LV_Matt Looks great! Sam still around? Not seen him in a few months and his site seems to be deleted(Vissol)

• FizzadarFizzadar Member
    edited September 2012

http://i.imgur.com/R4Mql.png

That's the one I've designed, WHMCS skinned in the same way.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

Slight update to ours:

Right now Home & Virtual Servers is just the same page default by SolusVM. Looking to make a blog script to show latest updates for clients, news features etc and put that on home instead

• @StormVZ Looking great! Although I think it's better to add some padding and border alignment would be make it look better imho.

• @rgenzon Yeah just stripping it down and re-editing it slowly. Will fully redesign the CPU resources and stats. Might actually do it in PSD first then slice it down properly

• @StormVZ Awesome!

Thanked by 1Patrick