Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

domflow.it Creating instances in FR - Strasbourg?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

domflow.it Creating instances in FR - Strasbourg?

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
edited August 2015 in Help

Hello folks,

Are you able to create instances in Fr - Strasbourg? I've tried both in Chrome and Edge, and I'm unable to create instances there.

I sent them a ticket, to which they reported that they're able to launch instances there. They pratically gave up on me, leaving me with no instance.

Still, could you please try to create an instance there? I'm only able to create in Milan. Everytime I create an instance, using templates in different locations, I always end up in IT - Milan datastores, and Milan IP's, so... I really need your input here :-).

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• why do you want to continue with a host that has 'given up' on you?

You would be better off with an OVH VPS-SSD or Runabove in Strasbourg.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@JoeMerit said:
    why do you want to continue with a host that has 'given up' on you?

You would be better off with an OVH VPS-SSD or Runabove in Strasbourg.

Still have 15 euros credit there, and the instance is for VPN only, so I'm trying to give it some use.

• You have to choose the OS in the right location - it is separated there. And as default, Milano is choosen, even if you previously selected FR

@Frecyboy said:
    You have to choose the OS in the right location - it is separated there. And as default, Milano is choosen, even if you previously selected FR

Yup, tried that, didn't work.

• Tried it with Firefox?

@Amitz said:
    Tried it with Firefox?

Havent, but might try, just dont really like FF.

@Frecyboy said:
    matteob

Thank you!

• hi,
    is an onapp orchestra, nothing new and well used. In last 7 days i see dozen of vm created in strasbourg. I tried to create from your account and was created well. Honestly i not know where the problem is i used chrome and firefox to create vm from your account and was created fine. If you want i can create for you just open a ticket with hostname and resources like cpu,ram space, uplink and os and i will create for you.

Regards

Thanked by 1MikePT

@matteob said:
    hi,
    is an onapp orchestra, nothing new and well used. In last 7 days i see dozen of vm created in strasbourg. I tried to create from your account and was created well. Honestly i not know where the problem is i used chrome and firefox to create vm from your account and was created fine. If you want i can create for you just open a ticket with hostname and resources like cpu,ram space, uplink and os and i will create for you.

Regards

Hello,

Thank you very much! I'd be glad to!

• Are you using some privacy settings in your browsers, like suppressing the Referer header, etc.? If yes, i have seen such settings break some control panels.

@rds100 said:
    Are you using some privacy settings in your browsers, like suppressing the Referer header, etc.? If yes, i have seen such settings break some control panels.

Not at all. It's pretty weird, since I used to be able to create instances in all locations with no issues.

Managed to get it working, had to select the FR node, in "Properties", I didn't see the FR nodes there. My fault!

• @MrGeneral said:

Great to see you solved. I know that OnAPP can be optimized during vm creation, it work, but can do better. Here what i found during vm creation with multi-location support

• Slow location info grab JS. It should be really improved, sometimes takes up to 40s to see "next" button clickable.

• When customer choose a location should see only location/zone related options.

I already posted that features on onapp devs, i will hope they will take care for next releases

Thanked by 1MikePT

@matteob said:

Yep!

Not only that.

I found that, upon creating my first instance in fr1, it costs 0.0019488

Now, trying to create my second instance, and the minimum hourly is about 0.006 or 0.007, in the very same location, and I tried others as well. Any reason?

• @MrGeneral said:

As well written in pricelist only first CPU core and IP address for account are free. On next vms you need to pay it

Thanked by 1MikePT

@matteob said:

Got it, makes sense. Damnit, I'd get another one!

Thank you for your great help Matteo! :)

Thanked by 1matteob
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2015

@matteob said:
    As well written in pricelist only first CPU core and IP address for account are free. On next vms you need to pay it

Just a quick note for anyone interested that this doesn't happen with FlexCloud and the first and second VMs use the same pricing. But you don't have flexible resources in exchange, just premade packages :)

Edit: also wanted to say I had seen some critics in the past here but I'm a happy customer and I feel like they provide a good service and great pricing.

Thanked by 1matteob

@Nyr said:
    Edit: also wanted to say I had seen some critics in the past here but I'm a happy customer and I feel like they provide a good service and great pricing.

I do like their offers, and their support is quite nice, I take back what I previously said about it.

Let's enjoy the servers :-)

As for FlexCloud, never tested it, but would love to. However, the credit I got at domflow isn't transferrable to their hostbill, which bills for FlexCloud.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@MrGeneral said:
    As for FlexCloud, never tested it, but would love to. However, the credit I got at domflow isn't transferrable to their hostbill, which bills for FlexCloud.

This is indeed unafortunate, yeah.

Thanked by 1MikePT