Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LunarVPS is a scam. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LunarVPS is a scam.

2»

Comments

• Also KVM has much better performance for VPN than OpenVZ from my experience. Suggest spend few bucks more for KVM instead OVZ.

• cridet said: I'm using openvpn

this may be your problem. it may just mean your connection to lunar vps sucks.

• @belinik said:
    this may be your problem. it may just mean your connection to lunar vps sucks.

No I did a speed test through my other server got way better speeds, also I did a commandline test through pip still got 700kbps it's them.

• @^^ We never scammed you , so please change the title of the post . The speed on the vps depends on the no of users using the vps on the node at that moment. The node is connected to 1gbps port and that speed is divided among all the users on the node. If you are not happy with speed we can shift you to another location or we can can do refund .

• them never scam :) but they bad perfomance only :) very slow and lagging them network, betters my signal phone then them vps hahahah LMAO

• elgselgs Member
    edited August 2015

I once had two servers with them. I basically had the same experience as you had. I don't think they have anything to do with scam. But their performance really is not that good.

• @lunarvps you've just admitted that you are making false claims in your advertising regarding 10gbps ports. Many people would call this scamming.

While only a moron would expect 10gbps per vps, differentiating yourself with (false) claims of using 10gbps ports will reasonably create expectations of better speeds than your competitors who are using 1gbps ports.

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited August 2015

@Lunarvps said:
    The node is connected to 1gbps port

• @Techdan
    Where did we claming we will provide you 10gbps port speed in vps??

Its mentioned as [1Gbps Port] in all plan

http://lunarvps.com/openvz-vps.html

Not even in offer post we made we advertise that we are providing 10gbps port speed??

• mosan7763mosan7763 Member
    edited August 2015

@Lunarvps said:
    Techdan
    Where did we claming we will provide you 10gbps port speed in vps??

Its mentioned as [1Gbps Port] in all plan

http://lunarvps.com/openvz-vps.html

Not even in offer post we made we advertise that we are providing 10gbps port speed??

right here. though the actual offers only show 1gbit but i suppose the node has 10gbit, or?

Thanked by 1tehdan
  • tehdantehdan Member
    edited August 2015

@lunarvps -

Stick an attractive spec up at the top to grab attention, then quietly change it further down the page? Its not a new (or good) trick.

A person might reasonably conclude from the very page you link too that I was getting a VPS on a physical server with a 10Gb Internet connection, and that the virtual port on my VPS would use up to 1Gb of this. This should give me a better connection than a VPS on a physical server with just a 1Gb Internet connection.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

cridet said: I did a commandline test through pip still got 700kbps it's them.

show us that then.

• if im not wrong there is a download speed and upload speed for such test. the graph did not show properly if its testing the download speed or upload speed. Im a newbie, pls pardon me if im wrong. cheers

• s11kenneth said: the graph did not show properly if its testing the download speed or upload speed

test was running at the moment he took the screenshot. You can see the little glowing round thingy is going halfway up

• @Moshan it means DC where nodes are located have capacity of 10gbps port. In all our plans its only mentioned 1gbps port.

Also we will post the correct speed test tomorrow on the same.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Lunarvps said: @Moshan it means DC where nodes are located have capacity of 10gbps port. In all our plans its only mentioned 1gbps port.

port speed 10gbit means the servers should have 10gbit port...?

Or are you saying the servers have 10gbit ports, but the VPS are restricted to 1gbps?

• @Lunarvps why do you advertise port speed at all? If it is as you say then the number is practically useless information to the consumer.

• miaumiau Member

Jeffrey said: vice. You only spent $5, it's not like you spent $100. Think about how fast you spend $5 in one day else where.

Even my $5/yr HVH gives me flat 100mbps.

• @Lunarvps said:
    Moshan it means DC where nodes are located have capacity of 10gbps port.

LOL. Let's market our servers with 100gbps port and only give them 1mbps, tell them the DC has 100gbps connectivity and lots of users are sharing the total bandwidth (the reason why it's only 1mbps). Almost forgot, 1gbps = 100mbps, so 100mbps = 10mbps -> 10mbps = 1mbps.

• TheOnlyDK said: Almost forgot, 1gbps = 100mbps, so 100mbps = 10mbps -> 10mbps = 1mbps.

This is why I love LET! There's so much to learn that I wouldn't learn elsewhere.

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK netomx