Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LunarVPS is a scam.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LunarVPS is a scam.

After purchasing a VPS from lunarvps.com in Switzerland for a small VPN server I did a small speed test on the machine to see if it met the standards they were advertising.

What they advertise:
They claim to do 10Gbps port speeds:

But they actually offer 1Gbps speeds on servers:

....Which they lied about because I received a 1mbps connection.

This is what support said after I contacted them, then they just stopped replying to me.

TLDR: Do not buy servers from these guys it's a complete waste of money.

Thanked by 1sambling

Comments

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited August 2015

AFAIK 1 Gbps = max 125 Megabytes/s. Did it change? 0.53 Mbps is not even 1 Megabyte/s. Sketchy or they have no idea of math and stuff.

• I'm just angry not because they took my money which si only 5$ but the fact they advertise falsely.

• What the actual HTML ?

Provided 1mbps connection and then provided 100mbps connection which equals to 1gbps connection. Yay... My old nokia has a 1gbps connection I think.

It seems like some kid from a basement hosting 'company'

Thanked by 1netomx
  • cridetcridet Member
    edited August 2015

When they connected to my server to fix an issue the IP address of the past connectino was an indian home connection so I'm assuming it's an group of indians running it or their support is done by indians.
    Also I made a lowendtalk account just to talk about this.

• cridet said: I'm just angry not because they took my money

You should be angry if you have paid. Because it's your hard earn money !

Thanked by 1netomx
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2015

Tried their Sweden location few months ago, get 60 Mbps on these tests

cridet said: cridet

BTW: Which your location you tried test from/to? If China, not surprised

• fitvpn said: BTW: Which your location you tried test from/to? If China, not surprised

Zurich, Mirror hosted by iway AG. It is shown in his Speedtest screenshot.

• Technically they said they have locations with 10Gbps... Not that all their locations offered it.. On top of that, who's the idiot who actually believed they would get 10Gbps for $5/mo¿

• Jonchun said: Technically they said they have locations with 10Gbps

Bandwidth part of the VPS order says 1Gbps. But I'm really confused about their variant network connection. 10gbps/1gbps/100mbps/1mbps

Swoosh

• I thought I was getting a 100mbps connection but I got 1mbps.

• cridet said: I thought I was getting a 100mbps connection but I got 1mbps.

Same speed from Montreal to Ottawa in Canada, so sometimes its normal.. :P

Which VPN script you use? You may has issues with script. Which VZ?

• I'm using openvpn

• cridetcridet Member
    edited August 2015

I run servers on 8 different providers I'm sure I'm not the issue and it's them.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Lol. I had this with them. They offered me to move to their NL location (Hi LeaseWeb resold server)

• Private Layer in CH going worse? Hah..

• 100mbps equals 1gbps, you know

• @cassa said:
    100mbps equals 1gbps, you know

and it is the same as 1 Mbps, dont forget.

Thanked by 2cassa BensDaMan
  • They're not a scam, they provided you a service. You only spent $5, it's not like you spent $100. Think about how fast you spend $5 in one day else where.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Jeffrey said: You only spent $5

Check out XVMLabs plans, works wonderfully everytime

• @Jeffrey said:
    They're not a scam, they provided you a service. You only spent $5, it's not like you spent $100. Think about how fast you spend $5 in one day else where.

You advertise a thing and when you don't deliever it, it is simply one kind of unlawful action...

• Jeffrey said: You only spent $5, it's not like you spent $100. Think about how fast you spend $5 in one day else where.

This is a statement that was putting everyone everywhere. You get what you paid for. Yes we can understand we get what we paid for. We cannot buy a Sri Lankan blue gem for the price of a ruby. But imagine you've been advertised for blue gem (ruby price) and final delivery was a ruby. (IDK how far this matches)

If provider cannot provide those extra services for that budget price. Provider is more than welcome to remove them and stop giving false promises.

• Speedtest.net really isn't the best way to test a connection speed of a server, just saying generally. I like the dl.getipaddr.net/speedtest.EU.sh benchmark to test a server in EU location and its up & downstream.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ATHKATHK Member

@nexusrain said:
    Speedtest.net really isn't the best way to test a connection speed of a server, just saying generally. I like the dl.getipaddr.net/speedtest.EU.sh benchmark to test a server in EU location and its up & downstream.

He's doing it via a VPN, however I'd advise not to aswell..

• Clearly they need to go back to grade school and learn about place value. They're still in Kinder-garden thinking "zeros are zeros".

• Privatelayer.. what do you expect? Shitty bandwidth with shitty connections, that is what you get from Privatelayer always!

• cridet said: cridet

Where you located exactly? Why need CH location?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

what... some details needed here unless I missed them...

Please can you confirm exactly how the speed test was performed, from what I have read you did it from home while connected to the VPS via a VPN and expected to achieve more than your home ISP?

please tell me I am wrong.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    please tell me I am wrong.

Good luck with that..

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited August 2015

@cridet About half year ago I've also bought VPS in Switzerland I had 300-600 KB/s! It were direct speeds on VPS, not OpenVPN or something. They said it's normal. Yes, LunarVPS is a scam.

• Wow. These guys are awesome****....

I love how they claim their servers are 10Gbit, but sell at 1Gbit (normal), then limit to 100Mbit, then provide less than 1Mbit.

I think we have a winner for the stupidity award of the year.

Thanked by 1netomx