Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best GeoRouting Solutions for Business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best GeoRouting Solutions for Business

gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Hi guys!

I'm looking to implement a GeoRouting feature to one of my website. Any suggestion?

So far, I found Route53 and Rage4 that offer this feature. Any other recommendations? I also look for feedback from users using them.

Thanks for your help!

Regards, David

Comments

• DNS Geo solutions are inconsistent. Users will be routed based on the location of the DNS resolver they use, not where they're actually connecting from.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@kcaj said:
    DNS Geo solutions are inconsistent. Users will be routed based on the location of the DNS resolver they use, not where they're actually connecting from.

Unfortunately, I know this can happen. However, still better for an Asian user to be route in EU for example than Canada.

Otherwise, any other suggestion?

• davidgestiondbi said: any other suggestion?

Other than an anycast setup or CloudFlare-style CDN? Nope ;)

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

I've used both nsone.com and dnsmadeeasy (traffic director). Nsone was a bit more accurate and had the option to target by country (DME could only target us west, us east, europe, asia and australia).

I also liked nsone's pricing scheme over DME (pro rated per year), they did offer a free trial of the traffic director after asking.

edit: there's also this guy on WHT that did geo dns for $15/million queries, he had a very simple text only site with black background, that's as specific as i can be ;)

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@vfuse

Nsone.com seem cool. Any feedback on reliability, uptime, ddos?

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@davidgestiondbi said:
    vfuse

Nsone.com seem cool. Any feedback on reliability, uptime, ddos?

Reliability was great, never had any issues with them except for a small issue with credit usage. The amount of queries was a lot higher than expected, this was due to a lot of calls to AAAA records which were missing and had a much lower TTL than my domain (12 hours vs 5 min).

Their support is great as well.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi tetech