Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rackburst reliable?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rackburst reliable?

I've ordered the VPS "Cottage Plus" in Germany yesterday at http://www.rackburst.net/germany-ssd-vps.php but since today the server is dead, the whole day long. Their test IP speedtest-frankfurt.rackburst.net isn't available either but for UK speedtest.rackburst.net is still working. I cannot find any network status site. I've opened a ticket but get no response. Anyone knows something?

Comments

• 10-day Money Back Guarantee

Request it.. but if no tickt answer argh

• The server is only unreachable via IPv4. Just tried to ssh -6 and that is working.

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited August 2015

Uhm that's strange. I had a fine experience with them some months ago.

Edit: Maybe they've / had got "stolen" IPs as well just as IP Systems and were depeered recently (not really meant seriously).

• techtech Member
    edited August 2015

i have the same problem from yesterday. My vps is down, isn't problem of IPv4 or IPv6 but i think that is a problem of virtualization. I have send a ticket tomorrow but i not have response from there. I had tried to activate a new vps and is inactive for now. Attach a screenshot of my vps died !
    !

• OMG3BetOMG3Bet Member
    edited August 2015

Day 2: nothing happend yet; In control panel I get the same message and "Status: Unknown" but it's a problem with the IPv4 network because I can get shell access via IPv6, the server is online but has no IPv4 connectivity. Added IPv6 DNS servers and so I can ping6 hostnames with IPv6 addresses just fine but if I ping any IPv4 address it results in a "Destination Host Unreachable". Opened a 2nd ticket with high priority and asking how to claim money back. Let's see if I am able to solve that problem with the provider, before I report it to PayPal.

• techtech Member

@OMG3Bet said:
    Day 2: nothing happend yet; In control panel I get the same message and "Status: Unknown" but it's a problem with the IPv4 network because I can get shell access via IPv6, the server is online but has no IPv4 connectivity. Added IPv6 DNS servers and so I can ping6 hostnames with IPv6 addresses just fine but if I ping any IPv4 address it results in a "Destination Host Unreachable". Opened a 2nd ticket with high priority and asking how to claim money back. Let's see if I am able to solve that problem with the provider, before I report it to PayPal.

i'm too

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

providing live coverage of your problem won't really fix the issue.

If you have a problem with a host just ask for the refund or chargeback if they aren't responding for a few days.

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited August 2015

Destination host unreachable aye, either a null route or the entire subnet is down I reckon..

It looks like SolusVM cannot connect to your particular node at all.

• I have the exact same problem and no answer for my tickets. Can anybody help me, if there's any way to access the server. There's some data that would save a lot of time and effort if I would get it back.

• @kallep Did you really create an account just to say you've got the same problem?

How should we be able to help?! Ahh, it's LowEndHelpdesk here, you're right, sorry for forgetting.

1. Request refund
    2. If they don't refund get your money back through pp or bank (however you paid). Generally that's bad practice but if a host obviously died / is about to die, it's alright.

To get your data: reading helps. According to @OMG3Bet VPS is reachable over ipv6, so connect to it using this and backup your files.

• The same problem since Aug 25: the server is unreachable via IPv4 and no response on tickets.

• I've also got the same issue.
    I've found 3 numbers for the parent company ABPNI.
    +44 2890813657 (This one is listed on the Paypal when you pay. Call Ends).
    +44 28 9099 6253 (Found on kompass, straight to voicemail).
    +44 28 9081 2619 (Listed on Google listing. Call Ends).

I've got my data off using another VPS via IPv6 (using FTP + wget). (Being from the UK we don't have IPv6 from our ISP's).
    If anyone else is having the same issue and has an IPv6 on another VPS you can then SSH from one VPS to another then setup an FTP server if you do not have one already. Then use a wget -r and the FTP details. you'll need to bodge your hosts file as it'll translate the : in the IPv6 address into a port.

• techtech Member

my vps is back

• Mine is back also. No reply on the ticket though.

• No answer to the ticket but my VPS is available now.

• edited October 2015

Folks, I know it's very late, but I'm only seeing this now as I'm not as active on LET as I once was. Apologies for this. Around the 26th of August, there was an upstream issue that was causing severe packet loss to a lot of VPSs. The weird thing is, is that our monitoring node (which is located separately from the nodes themselves), didn't flag up the issue. Possibly because the route between our office and the nodes was ok - or perhaps the issue only affected a particular subnet. In fact, if you guys were on a 5.x.x.x subnet, then that would explain the second theory.

I'm also really sorry that these particular tickets weren't answered; this was around the time of the August Bank Holiday here in the UK and we were really down to barebones. It's no excuse though, and we've been working hard to improve on this. Our usual response times are within 4 hours. Actually, checking WHMCS today, it says our average response time for yesterday was 0.14 hours :)

I'm still here for you guys, and I'll try to be more active in the LET community again!

Cheers

Jonny

• My automatic payment didn't go through for my server, have paid since manually at least around 5 times now, but I'm still getting suspension emails through asking me to pay. Looks like my server will be deleted at midnight tonight and I've got lots of data on there thats not backed up. Have sent numerous emails/tickets with no response, and none of the phone numbers work.

• So to summarise, no it's not reliable in the slightest. Avoid like the plague, 0 customer support. Pay a bit more money and get a reliable VPS.

• @user101 since no representative from their company has been here since November 2015 I believe they are a 1 man business which is now effectively a ghost ship. I do not think their low end offering is that important to them anymore. I still have an old Xen instance from them I use time and again but I determined over a year ago or so they were no longer viable for production and that support was non-existent. It is unfortunate that you had to find this out first hand. When it works, it works... otherwise might as well move on, cause their support will take a month or so to get back to you (maybe).

Cheers!

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited January 2017

user101 said: Looks like my server will be deleted at midnight tonight and I've got lots of data on there thats not backed up.

I guess that would be your fault though, not Rackbursts. Not defending them but if it's that important, back it up.

• @user101 if it makes you feel any better I took a gamble and paid my due invoice and even though it was paid in full, the other day, I too have received an e-mail stating I have failed to pay and my account will be suspended. I have a feeling WHMCS is broken and no one is there to handle it. I would say my suggestion of it being a ghost ship are likely true. Ohh well, there goes a few more dollars for the flip of a coin...

Glad I have a back-up!

Off to a new home!

Cheers!

• For the record, happy to accommodate any of there UK users on owned hardware in Sheffield. Just send us your most recent invoice and package specs and we will see what we can do.

• I've had pretty much the same experience. Bill has been paid but support tickets are being ignored and service is suspended. I'd call this a "gone away" business. They're still listed on Companies house as being active and I've found one of the directors on Linkedin but haven't made contact yet. A colleague has had the same problem and paid his bill three times (No I have no idea why!). It's not the cost, it's the time spent messing about. Luckily I have a pretty up to date backup and no client services on there. My advice if you haven't had services suspended yet is take a backup, cancel your payment plan and find another provider before you have to.

• I contacted them several times a while ago about getting some vpss from them but they never replied.

• Still have a VPS there and since Wednesday the server is unreachable. Opened a ticket but no reaction yet. However, the server is still running because I am able to connect via IPv6. So, at least no data is lost.

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    @user101 if it makes you feel any better I took a gamble and paid my due invoice and even though it was paid in full, the other day, I too have received an e-mail stating I have failed to pay and my account will be suspended. I have a feeling WHMCS is broken and no one is there to handle it. I would say my suggestion of it being a ghost ship are likely true. Ohh well, there goes a few more dollars for the flip of a coin...

Glad I have a back-up!

Off to a new home!

Cheers!

Thankfully the majority of my data there was just R/Python scripts that I had wrote a year ago as a beginner.
    Managed to re-write most from memory but obviously a lot of hassle.
    Chalked it down as a life lesson, move on.
    Now to try and recover the 6x bills I paid via Paypal.

• I've paid my invoice twice now with paypal. But WHMCS isn't showing the invoice as paid.

Service has suspended.

Tickets ignored.

:-(

• niknik Member, Host Rep

We are able to match their prices and also offer locations in London, UK and Frankfurt, Germany, so if anyone is looking for a new home you are free to write me a PM :-)

There is also still our current 12 EUR / year special deal:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/100830/12-yr-continues-2-vcpu-cores-512-mb-ram-15-gb-ssd-anti-ddos-kvm-in-london-or-frankfurt

• Just got this...

Dear Loyal Customers

After nearly 7 years in the business, it is with great regret that we have to announce the closure of our VPS services.

It hasn’t been a great year for us, from numerous system failures, to new cloud services offering more compelling services, to new laws coming in that will hinder our operations. As a very small company, we simply do not have the time to tackle all of these issues to provide the level of service you would expect from us.

We have had so many system failures that unfortunately, your VPS may not be online anymore. We can only apologise for the trouble caused here, and we wish we could help you further. Please open a support ticket with the subject “Service Closure: VPS Offline” so we can refund any money to you during the time which your VPS has failed since 22nd December 2016.

If your VPS is still online, please take immediate steps to backup your data.

From 1st March 2017, all services will be offline permanently.

Please take immediate steps to cancel any PayPal subscriptions you may have with us. While we won’t be taking any new orders, we will be leaving currently VPSs live until the 3rd March 2017 free of charge.

We’d like to thank you for your loyal custom, and can only apologise if we have failed you

Regards,

Rackulous

ABPNI Computer Solutions Ltd
    Registered Address:
    3 Shrewsbury Gardens, Belfast, UK, BT9 6PJ
    Web: www.abpni.com
    Registered in Northern Ireland (UK) No. NI602753
    VAT No: GB990366491

:(

• I wonder what laws they're refering too specifically? Eiher way, we're offering a 30% recurring discount on ANY of our packages for ex Rackulous customers on fully owned hardware in Sheffield (UK). Please contact me directly for further information. If you can manage to get a backup out of them, we can offer free migration assistance also.