Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic has been acquired by QuadraNet - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic has been acquired by QuadraNet

Comments

• Can you ping the default gateway IP?

• I probably should have gave it a little more time as it may have benefited someone else. I seem to remember gateway pinging but nothing external would resolve by IP or name. As it is, I'm back up and restored - probably with some much needed updates but I am not pleased in the least bit as I still have to reconfigure some stuff from scratch. Going to do some benchmarking later.

• Bad name servers (in /etc/resolv.conf) might slow you down (until they time out), but shouldn't outright prevent access via ssh.

Apparently, these VPSes just throw packets out on their (virtual) venet0 interface, without specifying a gateway, and the host OS takes care of routing. That's my best guess as to where the problem is. If someone still doesn't have a working VPS, what does "netstat -rn" report?

• My vps is working now, shows uptime of 21 hours. Yesterday showed uptime of months.

• For a while after the migration my default route for outbound traffic was ipv6, but they seem to have corrected that now.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

**Crissic Customers ** -- Please @ me should you have any outstanding issues. I sincerely appreciate your time and business.

• hummyhummy Member
    edited August 2015

@joeyf said:

>

• Same for me on OVZ14 opened ticket at 12:09 still waiting for reply...

• Hey @dustinc, got an open ticket that isn't getting much traction. (Partially my fault, since the title is misleading.) #457993

Basically I have a VPS with another provider in LA. After the move, I can't get to it. Worked fine in Jacksonville. Seems to be a routing issue inside QuadraNet, since it doesn't even get past the first hop.

• @dustinc, my vps is down i already opened a ticket #874674

• Hey @dustinc, I'm in the same boat. Ticket is 473304. Control panel says that the host is "unavailable" ... No reply on the ticket.

Thankfully it was up long enough through the night for me to download a backup of my server so I can move it to another host, at least. It was on Jax05.

• dustinc said: **Crissic Customers ** -- Please @ me should you have any outstanding issues. I sincerely appreciate your time and business.

Hopefully you maintain some level of transparency on cause/resolution as there are a number of us affected, certainly through no fault of our own.

• Wow just finished a long day trying to fix this problem and finally reinstalling OS everything working again. Thanks to Andrew for help and support.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

@dustinc said:
    **Crissic Customers ** -- Please @ me should you have any outstanding issues. I sincerely appreciate your time and business.

I thought that will do as you promise now i get threatened to colo with you or take our /24 away. That's good to start force people colocation with you guys!

edited August 2015

@key900 said:
    I thought that will do as you promise now i get threatened to colo with you or take our /24 away. That's good to start force people colocation with you guys!

@key900

We have not broken any promises, I think we gave you two options; colo with us or rent a dedicated server with us, if you're interested in keeping the IPv4 addresses we've allocated you.

If you're not willing to do either, we will regretfully have to reclaim the IPv4 addresses as this is not a product Crissic publicly offered. IPv4 leasing is not a product we wish to keep offering under the Crissic brand.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • dustinc said: unregretfully

Maybe 'regretfully' would be a better wording.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2015

@dustinc said:

So you changed stuff, less then 14 Days to break what you said.

• key900 said: I thought that will do as you promise now i get threatened to colo with you or take our /24 away. That's good to start force people colocation with you guys!

Out of interest, what do you pay per /24?

• Unregretfully is a term that fits this situation, they simply don't care about the customers, this is all about the IPs, people.

• karabore said: Unregretfully is a term that fits this situation

But even if you don't care, you still need it to sounds right.

@MarkTurner said:

Good catch - apologies on the typo.

• @dustinc said:
    If you're not willing to do either, we will regretfully have to reclaim the IPv4 addresses as this is not a product Crissic publicly offered. IPv4 leasing is not a product we wish to keep offering under the Crissic brand.

funny man.

2015 July 28
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/59212/los-angeles-ssd-ovz-4-a-month-kvm-4-50-month-more-savings-inside

"Contact us about your IPv4 address needs. We have IPs available at very affordable rates."

2015 August 25
    "... IPv4 addresses as this is not a product Crissic publicly offered ..."

• wychwych Member

@neills said:

That ad is pre-sale, before Quadra took over?

Sold company, make sale here. Money personal theft. IRS go bang.

What are you smoking?

• Nice, an advertisement for Crissic not even a month ago. This doesn't have scammy written all over it.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited August 2015

neills said: funny man.

Have you read the first post? You will find Crissic (or it's assets) were sold. It has discontinued offering such services.

key900 said: I thought that will do as you promise now i get threatened to colo with you or take our /24 away. That's good to start force people colocation with you guys!

Should have had a contract (I learned this some years back), you're only to blame. They could take away that space at end of your billing period (days/weeks) if they really wanted to but i'm sure QN would be reasonable and give you some time to migrate.

@neills said:

We don't mind satisfying customers IPv4 requirements on our services. If customers are strictly seeking IPv4 services/rentals outside of our dedicated and colo offerings; we unfortunately, will not be able to accommodate.

Crissic customers seeking additional clarification, please send me an e-mail [email protected]

Thank You!

• @dustinc said:
    We don't mind satisfying customers IPv4 requirements on our services. If customers are strictly seeking IPv4 services/rentals outside of our dedicated and colo offerings; we unfortunately, will not be able to accommodate.

you company want $$$ for ipv6. small amount ipv6 too.

you buy crissic for ips. easy money ip rent. you even greedy too take that. want more $$$$.

say never product Crissic publicly offer never. you wrong. hide head in sand like bird.

other see bad ip, reddit post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3gqovv/i_am_john_curran_president_and_ceo_of_the/cu0k5mc

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@William said:

Out of interest, what do you pay per /24?

Around $65 per month.

edited August 2015

@Neills
    We're not charging for IPv6 with the Crissic brand.

Thanked by 1neills