Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSD KVM: $1- 256MB, $2- 512MB, $3- 1GB, $5- 2GB, $7- 4GB RAM / +RAID10 +DDoS-Protected +FREE Windows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSD KVM: $1- 256MB, $2- 512MB, $3- 1GB, $5- 2GB, $7- 4GB RAM / +RAID10 +DDoS-Protected +FREE Windows

VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Today we have one of our best offers yet for LowEndTalk. VirMach has been a VPS provider for over a year now and we have a wide range of services that we offer in various locations. This week we have large discounts for our new line of DDoS-Protected and Hardware RAID 10 Solid State Drive storage plans. We use SolusVM for management and guarantee 99.9% uptime. Windows is included absolutely free (Licensed, Windows 2012 R2) on our plans with at least 1GB RAM. You may select the location of the datacenter you prefer, but the locations offered vary for each plan. For these plans, all are located in ColoCrossing's Buffalo, NY datacenter.

The offers are recurring, meaning you will receive the discount on renewal. However, offers expire August 29, 2015. Limit one per offer per customer, while stock lasts. Coupon is limited to new customers only. If you are an existing customer, please contact us to take advantage of this offer. Discount pricing will show on final page of checkout. Please note that setup time may take longer than usual as we receive a high volume of orders when we post offers, so if your order gets flagged for manual verification or you run into issues, please create a support ticket and be patient.

$1 -SSD256

256MB RAM

1 Core

3GB SSD (HW RAID 10)

500GB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps

10Gbps DDoS Protection

1 IPv4

Linux, KVM Virtualization

Order Now $1.00/M - Save $2
COUPON CODE LETSSD256 or LETSSD256YR for $10/YR

OFFER EXPIRES AUGUST 29 - WILL BECOME 30% OFF CODE AFTERWARD

$2 -SSD512

512MB RAM

1 Core

5GB SSD (HW RAID 10)

1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps

10Gbps DDoS Protection

1 IPv4 - Additional Available

Linux, KVM Virtualization

Order Now $2.00/M - Save $3
COUPON CODE LETSSD512

$3 -SSD1G (Windows optional - Licensed & available FREE)

1GB RAM

1 Core

15GB SSD (HW RAID 10)

1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps

10Gbps DDoS Protection

Linux or Windows, KVM Virtualization

Order Now $3.00/M - Save $7
COUPON CODE LETSSD1G

$5 -SSD2G (Windows optional - Licensed & available FREE)

2GB RAM

1 Core

20GB SSD (HW RAID 10)

2TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps

10Gbps DDoS Protection

Order Now $5.00/M - Save $15
COUPON CODE LETSSD2G

$7 -SSD4G (Windows optional - Licensed & available FREE)

4GB RAM

2 Core

30GB SSD (HW RAID 10)

3TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps

10Gbps DDoS Protection

Order Now $7.00/M - Save $33
COUPON CODE LETSSD4G

Discount is applied at final page of checkout. This promotion expires August 29, 2015, so hurry! The coupons will still be valid after this period, but they will be changed to a 30% off code.

ToS: http://virmach.com/terms-conditions

We offer refunds up to 24 hours after purchase. Offer valid once per customer. Please feel free to contact our sales department with any questions you have; we can customize your plan to your needs if you require larger plans.

Need a test file/IP?

Please create an account then make a support ticket. We require this to prevent abuse; we must have your valid information on file.

Below are some tests. Please note that this is BEFORE the server is filled, so you should not expect the exact same results.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.41825 s, 757 MB/s
wget cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
--2015-08-23 11:06:36--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: “100mb.test”

100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 81.2M/s   in 1.2s

2015-08-23 11:06:38 (81.2 MB/s) - “100mb.test” saved [104857600/104857600]
California - 74ms 
Toronto - 12ms
Singapore - 247ms
Chennai - 251ms
Johannesburg - 307ms

Comments

• SadySady Member

Against rule: "VPS must not exceed USD$7/month recurring" ( Source: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/15263/lowendtalk-rules-and-guidelines )

• Messgage to you

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Sady said:
    Against rule: "VPS must not exceed USD$7/month recurring" ( Source: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/15263/lowendtalk-rules-and-guidelines )

None of the offers posted here exceed $7 per month.

• They will on August 29th though, just make sure you come back and delete most of the offer.

• SadySady Member

@VirMach said:
    None of the offers posted here exceed $7 per month.

Sorry then, but this is a bit confusing:

Order Now $7.00/M - Save $33 COUPON CODE LETSSD4G 
  • Probably it means that this coupon will still be valid, but at a lower discount.

Still, the plans should be at <$7 if you order now.

edited August 2015

JoeMerit said: They will on August 29th though, just make sure you come back and delete most of the offer.

Sady said: Sorry then, but this is a bit confusing:

If that is an issue then we can discontinue the coupons instead of changing them. We only do that because we get a lot of complaints that the coupon is invalid from people not reading the expiration, and we end up offering a discount anyway.

• SadySady Member

My VPS deployed the same minute I paid the invoice but with totally different specs. Would you mind checking the ticket queue?

Sady said: My VPS deployed the same minute I paid the invoice but with totally different specs. Would you mind checking the ticket queue?

Thanks for reporting the issue. I believe we made a clerical error in WHMCS. I've updated your specs and will update it on WHMCS.

• My interest died after seeing the ping to singapore. Is there another location with better ping to singapore?

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2015

Best value for $1 recurring :P

@masterqqq said:
    My interest died after seeing the ping to singapore. Is there another location with better ping to singapore?

Unfortunately not for this line of plan.

• SadySady Member
    edited August 2015

Benchmark:

CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency :  2099.998 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 3830 MB
    Total amount of swap : 4095 MB
    System uptime :   1 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 25.0MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 32.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 2.14MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 837KB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 16.5MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 3.88MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 883KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 18.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 1.75MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 252KB/s
    I/O speed :  254 MB/s

IO speed isn't constant as I got that ranging from 250-650MB/s. Unfortunately they have my cancellation & refund request due to network speed.

EDIT @ 11:50PM: Received refund.

Sady said: IO speed isn't constant as I got that ranging from 250-650MB/s. Unfortunately they have my cancellation & refund request due to network speed.

With the server completely unused, I posted the benchmarks. It was 757 MB/s disk and 81.2M/s network to CacheFly. I'm sorry but as we stated, you should not expect the exact same results. This is especially true when we're receiving dozens of plans and when everyone is simultaneously running network speed tests and I/O tests. It is not completely unreasonable for the I/O to be 254 MB/s and CacheFly download at 25.0MB/s since this is a shared portion of the server's resources.

I apologize if you assumed you would get the full disk speed and full network speed at all times.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • Got a 3$/m Win VPS with them, it's running fine :)

Thanked by 1muratai
  • nexusrain said: Got a 3$/m Win VPS with them, it's running fine :)

How much available disk space left for windows installation?

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited August 2015

Is it possible to increase disk space at a later time and are the discounts recurring? I might give the plan a try.

• Hi there,

I'm an existing customer of VirMach. Please see my ticket #950665, I would like to get advantage of one of this Win VPS LET offer.

@masterqqq said:
    Is it possible to increase disk space at a later time and are the discounts recurring? I might give the plan a try.

Unfortunately the discount does not apply to upgrades at a later time. However, the discounts are recurring for any plan you purchase now.

billionaire said: I'm an existing customer of VirMach. Please see my ticket #950665, I would like to get advantage of one of this Win VPS LET offer.

I'll take a look.

• Hi,

Can I just confirm the kernel version in the image(s) you use please? Looking to run a small docker install and needing a 64bit OS with kernel >3.1.x

Thanks,

Steve

• edited August 2015

@briangriffin said:
    Hi,

Can I just confirm the kernel version in the image(s) you use please? Looking to run a small docker install and needing a 64bit OS with kernel >3.1.x

Thanks,

Steve

Debian 7 (CDROM)/Image. Ubuntu 14.04 is available, but only in x86, which is not suitable for docker

All other images are too old. If you tinker with it, you can get Centos 6.5 to run docker, but it isn't really worth it.

Just ask them to add a Centos 7 ISO, then you can have Docker + MLS/MCS Enforcement (Selinux). You will need to do a relabel after switching the selinux policy to MLS, but it is quite worth it for security (and it is quite easy to use)

briangriffin said: Can I just confirm the kernel version in the image(s) you use please? Looking to run a small docker install and needing a 64bit OS with kernel >3.1.x

You can request your own OS by providing ISO, but I don't think we have that OS requirement as a template option at this moment on the order page.

• briangriffinbriangriffin Member
    edited August 2015

Thanks for the replies. If I'm able to supply an ISO, would it be acceptable to convert my existing little Debian 7 x86 VirtualBox VDI to an ISO and supply that? It has mostly everything I need already setup and running.

Appreciate there will probably be some tweaks I'd need to do beforehand, if the tuts are correct (generic kernel in particular)

Steve

@briangriffin said:
    Thanks for the replies. If I'm able to supply an ISO, would it be acceptable to convert my existing little Debian 7 x86 VirtualBox VDI to an ISO and supply that? It has mostly everything I need already setup and running.

Appreciate there will probably be some tweaks I'd need to do beforehand, if the tuts are correct (generic kernel in particular)

Steve

You can provide us a link to any .ISO file and we'll add it to the server for you to use. As long as you create it correctly to work on KVM/SolusVM then there should be no issues.

• Anyone noticed reboot of server?

• I noticed major problems with a server I ordered not long ago. Now it says "Access to this virtual server has been restricted. The node is currently under maintenance. Please try again later"

edited August 2015

Anna_Parker said: Anyone noticed reboot of server?

tessel said: I noticed major problems with a server I ordered not long ago. Now it says "Access to this virtual server has been restricted. The node is currently under maintenance. Please try again later"

We received a large amount of orders yesterday due to this offer being posted elsewhere and it may have stressed out the server too much. We've put the 4GB out of stock and other plans on backorder until we order in more servers. We're still investigating what caused the issue since it's morning and all members of our team can work to resolve it. The server should have been rebooted and temporarily put into maintenance mode.

We apologize for any inconvenience but we're closely monitoring the issue. Maintenance mode has been turned off but we may turn it back on for a few hours to resolve the issue.

(edit) We've located the bulk of the issue. A lot of the orders last night were abusers that were overloading the server. Server load has been reduced by 40% to a normal level. We will keep this node locked from further orders as it's marked full. We'll update you with any other issues or maintenance on the network issues page of the client area. Sorry for not anticipating this high level of sales from our offer being re-posted. The offer will resume once we've got a new server in. In the meantime these plans have been marked out of stock.

• briangriffinbriangriffin Member
    edited August 2015

Just signed up and was wondering when the New York stock would be out of "Currently Restocking" phase? Also do you have access to a 64bit Debian 8 ISO? It might be easier for me to install my bits & pieces from scratch on the VPS than convert the VirtualBox VDI that I have here.

I don't actually mind which flavor ISO I have, just so long as it's 64bit and comes with (or I can install) a >3.8 kernel. Thanks.

@briangriffin said:
    Just signed up and was wondering when the New York stock would be out of "Currently Restocking" phase? Also do you have access to a 64bit Debian 8 ISO? It might be easier for me to install my bits & pieces from scratch on the VPS than convert the VirtualBox VDI that I have here.

I don't actually mind which flavor ISO I have, just so long as it's 64bit and comes with (or I can install) a >3.8 kernel. Thanks.

We do not have an ETA because of the stringent procedure in deploying a server properly. It has to be set up by the datacenter then runs through a lot of benchmarks. So at any step it could take longer. Usually it takes 72 hours maximum.

Right now we're still waiting on the datacenter.

As for Debian 8, we can allow you to use your own ISO. We also have access to a lot of ISOs so I'm sure it'll be on the list if you can't locate it yourself.