Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosthatch.com auto suspended vps without alert - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosthatch.com auto suspended vps without alert

2»

Comments

• someone can offer to me the Storage VPS? I don't need high configure VPS. Around 250-500GB DISK with annually?

• komputerkingkomputerking Member, Host Rep

Well, most likely the situation is that you are trying to run a legit service, but the security no your VPS had some issues, and one of the people who signed up found an exploit and gained access and ran malicious scripts.

A lot of the times, providers run services to protect against attacks, or find attacks that are automated and suspend them if located. I would contact your provider and ask for some additional information, and ask them if they can assist you with preventing that in the future.

Generally, they will have dealt with a situation like yours numerous times, and will have advice on how to prevent, or how to secure, or point you in the right direction.

• If you weren't hacked, it was probably a service on your server being used in a reflection attack.

• Their nodewatch seems to be configured pretty solid, my server in HK did ~300Mbit few days long with a lot of PPS and i was never suspended.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @William said:
    Their nodewatch seems to be configured pretty solid, my server in HK did ~300Mbit few days long with a lot of PPS and i was never suspended.

HK Openvz?

• Yep.

• I just ordered HK OpenVZ from them and login afterwards. It already have some failed login attempts on SSH on my first login.

• I've had that happen every where.

• @databits said:
    I just ordered HK OpenVZ from them and login afterwards. It already have some failed login attempts on SSH on my first login.

Welcome to the internet.

• Nevermind, I just couldn't saw it on the old OS that I used. :D Not an experienced linux user here.