Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New XiNiX client concerned with support provided.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New XiNiX client concerned with support provided.

geekhostgeekhost Member
edited August 2015 in Providers

Hi,

I would like to ask has anyone used xinix, because I ordered and paid for my budget reseller 24 hours ago, now on WHT it says "24x7 Rapid Support. Initial Reply : 30 Minutes ( Usually Under 5 Minutes ) , Resolution Time : 1 Hour." but it seems i get a reply every 11+ hours. I asked for migration Total data is 1.5GB (estimation) I don't think restoring 1.5GB would take 8+ hours since last update that they are doing the restoration. They have a good reputation according the reviews I read, but now even on WHM my account is limited, i can't create new accounts, no dns functions.

Comments

• WHTWHT Member
    edited August 2015

Just message him here, maybe will get faster response.

Thanked by 1cdrive
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Wasn't this the guy bumping his post count by posting other people's articles?

• geekhost said: but now even on WHM my account is limited, i can't create new accounts, no dns functions.

Common ACL error with WHM. All your provider needs to do is to edit your reseller ACL to allow you to perform common reseller functions. The default one set by cPanel is awful.

I am sure they will get back to you. It is, at least, an easy fix.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited August 2015

@geekhost said:
    haha you really believe in 24x7x365 support in lowend? if you have such support, it's a bonus. if not, just wait. such exists only with premium high end hosts...........

migration and restoration will not take 5 mins if you're using cPanel, that is if backup file is provided.

• geekhostgeekhost Member
    edited August 2015

I have provided them with my WHM info from my current host. but its more than 24 hours since I have requested for migration. I'm new on lowend and I am one of the idiots that fell for the GVHostress scam :s

• Do they have livechat on their site, or perhaps, did you submit chaser reply in the ticket? You may want to list down all your requirements, issues in a single reply than going back and forth in ticket. It is to ensure you can track any remaining outstanding issues from your migration too :)

• cdrive: what happened yesterday I tried to ask why my tickets were not answered on livechat and 5mins later livechat was 'offline' so i waited. I didn't want to be silly but I can't wait 24 hours for something to be fixed.

• if you have critical data, why choose lowend?

• @geekhost said:
    cdrive: what happened yesterday I tried to ask why my tickets were not answered on livechat and 5mins later livechat was 'offline' so i waited. I didn't want to be silly but I can't wait 24 hours for something to be fixed.

understood your concern. perhaps you may want to move on and start looking out for different host? keep some choices in your list so that you may proceed with others, should it doesn't work out for you.

• cdrive: i have already paid XiNiX, because the offer was on promotion and 10 years in the industry seemed good enough :s

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited August 2015

edit: deleted

oops sorry forget your reseller a/c has issue.

• it has been 30+ hours still nothing and being ignored on livechat so i requested for a refund.

• moving on? good luck.

• @geekhost when you find a new host with valid reseller privileges, send me a pm if your host is unable to migrate for you. :)

Thanked by 1geekhost
  • They are crap! Just file a chargeback. I did last week.

• @geekhost said:
    it has been 30+ hours still nothing and being ignored on livechat so i requested for a refund.

They will say refund in 24 hours etc but they won't.

• did you get your full refund?

• komputerkingkomputerking Member, Host Rep

You could always open up a claim with the gateway you used to pay. That might push them into action

• If I'm not mistaken, they do have representative here in LET? (as in representative from XiNiX) probably you could approach him to work out for a solution? :)

• @cdrive said:
    If I'm not mistaken, they do have representative here in LET? (as in representative from XiNiX) probably you could approach him to work out for a solution? :)

I tried that but no luck. apparently they have migrated 3 accounts, I had like 5. and one of them was like 480MB the rest , 1mb, 88MB, 85MB and 133MB.

Only when i asked after 10+ hours:
    "We have completed the first step of Migration. The backups have been created for each cPanel Account. We are proceeding with the Restoration as of now."

Yesterday's response:
    "The reason for delay was slow transfer of files from your old hosts, which repeatedly broke up the network connection."

now i would like to know would it take long to backup those file sizes above?

• I have opened a dispute with paypal. The company simply ignored my refund request how ironic.

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited August 2015

I host one site with them, without issues. Calling @XiNiX.
    If he don't answer here with explanation what's going on up there, I will have to move my site to another hosting.

• wychwych Member

@geekhost said:
    I have opened a dispute with paypal. The company simply ignored my refund request how ironic.

Refunds might not be processed on a weekend.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

Well, This escaleted really quickly.
    I have to agree that the client has rightly reported that there has been a delay in restoration.

@geekhost , as reported, we have been facing some issues with your archives. First with their transfer and then only 3 could be succesfully restored while others had issues. The data is very small in volume, I wish we could have done it quicker, but our tech guys are working on it. The reason/cause of the glitch seems to be High Load on Client's Old Server.

Load on the old reseller WHM seems to be quite high when the backups were generated, which may interrupt the process of generating each account's backup. If we continue to take the backup of each account the load on the server will be getting higher and which may cause certain services like Mysql become offline. So it is better to make the server stable before proceeding with the migration.

Thats the reason why we had to suffer this unavoidable delay.

We shall have no problem in issuing an immediate refund, but I wish you could give us a few hours so that we can finish the job already in progress ( as updated in the ticket ).

@realbusiness , I dont have any REFUND Claim that has not been completed. If you can provide a ticket / service ID i can check it for you.

• @geekhost how high is your server load?

• @century1stop said:
    geekhost how high is your server load?

@XiNiX said:
    Well, This escaleted really quickly.
    I have to agree that the client has rightly reported that there has been a delay in restoration.

geekhost , as reported, we have been facing some issues with your archives. First with their transfer and then only 3 could be succesfully restored while others had issues. The data is very small in volume, I wish we could have done it quicker, but our tech guys are working on it. The reason/cause of the glitch seems to be High Load on Client's Old Server.

Load on the old reseller WHM seems to be quite high when the backups were generated, which may interrupt the process of generating each account's backup. If we continue to take the backup of each account the load on the server will be getting higher and which may cause certain services like Mysql become offline. So it is better to make the server stable before proceeding with the migration.

Thats the reason why we had to suffer this unavoidable delay.

We shall have no problem in issuing an immediate refund, but I wish you could give us a few hours so that we can finish the job already in progress ( as updated in the ticket ).

No trying to be funny, but with your reputation I hoped for better. I believe I am a fair client, its rare that I really go public, but I had to for the sake of the sites I'm hosting.

• geekhostgeekhost Member
    edited August 2015

@wych said:
    Refunds might not be processed on a weekend.

I don't mind as long as I get my refund.

The Refund has been Completed.

edited August 2015

@geekhost said:

Thats not a problem. Your concern is Genuine.
    We did Try our Best.