Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone got multiple emails from XFuse Solutions lately ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anyone got multiple emails from XFuse Solutions lately ?

As the title said, does anyone got emails from them for a Paypal payment made ?

Thank you for contacting our support team. A support ticket has now been opened for your request. You will be notified when a response is made by email. The details of your ticket are shown below.

Subject: Notification of payment received
Priority: Medium

You can view the ticket at any time at https://core.xfusesolutions.com/viewticket.php?tid=CVI-IYH-16037&c=NSJ87AkQ

I don't even have an account there or made any payments to them. So, what's going on ?

I got 4 emails like these. Hopes it's not GVH related...

Comments

• I hope you asked them for explanation before you asked us ;-)

Thanked by 2XFS_Duke trewq
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited August 2015

Not since I got Mandrill to put a block on their account against my email address.

• Yup, I got 8 of them.

• Tickets for payment notifs what..

• @FredQc said:
    As the title said, does anyone got emails from them for a Paypal payment made ?

I got 4 emails like these. Hopes it's not GVH related...

I don't think it was GVH related unless you sent payments to me for services for them after I took over. In this case, you sent payments to me and this went to the XFuse billing address. If you want, you can send me your email address and I can tell you where your account was setup at.

@Spirit said:
    I hope you asked them for explanation before you asked us ;-)

But that would be the right thing to do. At least here they can claim they don't have an account and claim it is SPAM.

@joereid said:
    Yup, I got 8 of them.

That means you paid 8 times.

Either way, WHMCS was setup to notify me by ticket but not customers. I changed that about a month ago or so. My fail point was last night. I did some upgrades and backups to my email system. I backup emails every 6 months to ensure that I have the emails in case something happens. While doing that last night and processing upgrades, Axigen marked all emails from all 21 email accounts as unread. WHMCS started importing them and before I was able to get it stopped it had imported over 5000 emails. So, people who don't necessarily have an account with XFuse but with another brand I have/had would get the emails that PayPal sent to me. Since that failed miserably, I reverted back to only myself getting notified.

These aren't emails related to trying to sell anyone anything, it was just emails from PayPal to XFuse saying we received a payment. I generally sent that to customers as a way to prevent some fraud. It's worked in the past as people would sign up and use a stolen PayPal but the email address on file would get sent an email about the payment and they contacted me and I would delete the account and refund the money. I figured now would be a good time to implement it. I was wrong.

With that said, I believe it is time to move on from Axigen and move to another email system.

Thanks for the 2 people who emailed me or contacted me on Skype about it.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • Okay @XFS_duke I get this is a mistake but did you not trial it in a sandbox?

• LeeLee Veteran

TinyTunnel_Tom said: but did you not trial it in a sandbox?

Again.

• SadySady Member

Well, I got 20 of these & It was GVH related to be true as I didn't have a direct account with XFS.

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: Okay @XFS_duke I get this is a mistake but did you not trial it in a sandbox?

professionals don't trail it in a sandbox

• XFS_DukeXFS_Duke Member
    edited August 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Okay XFS_duke I get this is a mistake but did you not trial it in a sandbox?

My test server is fine. It's only doing very little email processing and I use Pop3 for those accounts so it doesn't stay in the inbox. I'm guessing it was either a bug with my current version or with the update. Not really sure and Axigen doesn't really support their products. So, doing a test run in another environment worked fine. This one that does the most email processing didn't. I've gotten 3 hours of sleep because I was up trying to fix it until almost 5am and had to wake up at 8:30am to get to my doctor at 10:30am. Trust me, I'm not taking this lightly. I'm moving on from Axigen next month because this isn't the first issue I have had with this service in the past 3 months.

@namhuy said:

Ha. Yea and professionals spell trial as trail. Ok. Good job.

Again, apologies to anyone who received past billing ticket notifications. Keep in mind, LowEndTalk isn't our helpdesk. If you have any issues with something related to XFuse, please feel free to open a ticket at my site or add me on Skype at duke.xfs and I'll handle it.

Thanks.

• @namhuy said:

Where do they trail it? :P

• XFS_Duke said: Ha. Yea and professionals spell trial as trail. Ok. Good job.

English is his second language. What's your excuse?

XFS_Duke said: It's only doing very little email processing and I use Pop3 for those accounts so it doesn't stay in the inbox.

I'll bet you don't even know to pipe to PHP if you're spelling it Pop3.

No one cares or should about your lack of sleep, doctor, physical therapy anymore, you can only dig down that well for so long.

Just get your shit together and stop blaming things on external email services when you can't configure them. Computers are GIGO.

• XFS_DukeXFS_Duke Member
    edited August 2015

@GStanley said:
    I'll bet you don't even know to pipe to PHP if you're spelling it Pop3.

LOL. My excuse for what? I spelled trial correctly. Try again... Pop3 and any other abbreviation of Post Office Protocol 3 mean the same thing. Just like PHP or php.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • zedzed Member
    Thanked by 1XFS_Duke