Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHostx3 = Hostress
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHostx3 = Hostress

I paid $3 USD last year for GreenValueHost VPS.

This month Hostress billed me $10 without asking if I want to cancel the service.

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

Chargeback.

And read this and this

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @ATHK said:
    Chargeback.

And read this and this

Sure, I will.

I never agreed to pay for service from Hostress.

I agreed to pay for service from GreenValueHost.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Oh good, I was worried the day was going to end with only two GVH threads on the front page :P

• Lesson to be learned when company deadpool due to undercharging. Let the bottom feeders lose everything. Don't try to keep it afloat it'll just cost you in the long run.

Thanked by 2HostMyBytes neills
  • ho stress. not you read words good buyer?

• @Chuck said:

I'd ask for a refund before chargeback tbh. don't be a dick

• ATHKATHK Member

@hostnoob said:
    I'd ask for a refund before chargeback tbh. don't be a dick

They made it quite clear here

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/61075/hostress-gives-up-gvh-clients/p1

We unfortunately will not be issueing service creditds or refunds

With terrible spelling, I wouldn't bother asking them anything. They've already done the dirty.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • @ATHK said:
    With terrible spelling, I wouldn't bother asking them anything. They've already done the dirty.

Ah fair enough. Still, I'd assume that would mean people who paid while it was operated by J-Nugs or Duke.

• I just called the bank to request a chargeback. If you waste my time, then I will waste yours.

• @tdale whats going on here pal? how did he get renewed at over 3x the price?

• Chuck said: This month Hostress billed me $10 without asking if I want to cancel the service.

How did they get your billing information ie credit card or Paypal subscription?

• KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
    edited August 2015

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Replace Ubisoft with GVH/Hostress

Thanked by 3netomx GM2015 cassa
  • nexmarknexmark Member
    edited August 2015

@HostMyBytes said:

Thanked by 3netomx GM2015 cassa
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Chuck said:
    I paid $3 USD last year for GreenValueHost VPS.

This month Hostress billed me $10 without asking if I want to cancel the service.

And you paid without reading the invoice?
    Was this a paypal subscription? Because I've never seen a PP subscription change the amount to be paid without the user cancelling and the open a new subscription.

What I'm trying to say is why did you pay the increased price just to make a chargeback?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

The only way this is possible without the op being aware is if they have stored credit card details and have not made it clear that they forcefully upgraded people's plans and price, this would be real fraud as in I am going to jail fraud.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • mikho said: Because I've never seen a PP subscription change the amount to be paid without the user cancelling and the open a new subscription.

You can - But only up to 20% less/more.

• William said: You can - But only up to 20% less/more.

I thought this was only upon subscription creation, and the buyer should have been made clear of what these terms are, via PayPal.
    E.g.:
    First payment amount: $24
    Recurring amount: $30

I am fairly certain you can't change them after the creation. If something has changed and I'm unaware, send me a link as it would be interesting to read up on.

as been discussed elsewhere when customers forget to cancel a paypal subscription I would assume that it wasn't possible from the providers side to change the PP subscription details after it had been created.

The only ones able to update it would be Paypal or the customer? Am I wrong?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

HostMyBytes said: I am fairly certain you can't change them after the creation.

I am 100% sure you can/could, i did it before as ISP when i had to implement VAT - Austrian PP allowed me to change it by adding 20%, but not more than that (i also tried it at upgrades which failed). Might have changed since 2012 but i don't think so.

• mikho said: as been discussed elsewhere when customers forget to cancel a paypal subscription I would assume that it wasn't possible from the providers side to change the PP subscription details after it had been created.

It is possible for providers to do this. It is just that many will not do it as the PayPal interface for managing thousands of subscription payments is very difficult to use. It's not bad when you have 2-3, but when there are a lot it can truly be problematic.

@William Alright, thanks for the clarification :)

• @mikho said:

I have already PM AnthonySmith. If you want to see the Invoice of both GreenValueHost and Hostress, PM me your email?

Its not the invoice that is in question, we knew they were changing plans and prices, its what they took and how.

@Chuck said:
    I have already PM AnthonySmith. If you want to see the Invoice of both GreenValueHost and Hostress, PM me your email?

I don't need to see the invoice, I was only curious if the invoice was paid by a PP subscription or manually by you.
    If it was a subscription I'm surprised that PP would allow a change of the amount after the subscription had been setup.

If the new invoice was paid by you I see no reason for you to chargeback for a "raised price" reason.
    If you paid manually you accepted the price adjustment by paying the invoice.

It's a foul move but I've seen it done outside of the hosting world as well.

• @mikho said:
    It's a foul move but I've seen it done outside of the hosting world as well.

I had a subscription active with Dacentec for $30 which automatically changed to $40 when I added another service. I don't use subscriptions anymore, but some providers try to force you to do it.

@0xdragon said:
    I had a subscription active with Dacentec for $30 which automatically changed to $40 when I added another service. I don't use subscriptions anymore, but some providers try to force you to do it.

Had no idea that the provider could change the amount that you (as customer) set together with paypal.

Come to think of it, the subscription is tied to an ID set by the provider so they are involved in the transaction.

Yet another reason to NOT use subscriptions.

No, he added another service so you go through another authorisation process to change the amount, the provider does not do that.