Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What service are you guys using for web analytics?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What service are you guys using for web analytics?

kornnflakekornnflake Member
edited September 2012 in General

Wondering what you guys are using for web analytics?

Google Analytics?
Piwik?

Comments

• i use piwik and ga

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2012

With Analytics Google gets to spy on who visits your website, why let them do that?
    So I just use Piwik, it's great. Also GA is often slow to load for some reason (the dreaded by everyone "Waiting for www.google-analytics.com..."). With Piwik on the same server, there's not even a need for a separate TCP connection, so it's fast.

• currenly only using ga. but I'll trying piwik in next week

• Google Anal, once the site is up.

Yes I said anal, that was on purpose. xD

• @kornnflake said: Google Analytics?

Piwik?

I'm using both of them :D

• google analytics works nicely

• @kornnflake said: Google Analytics

• There is also Woopra which has live statistics. It might worth to check out.

• google analytics
    clicky with one of my wp
    i bookmarked piwik, i ll have a look later.. thx

• www.haveamint.com

• Piwik as main, google analytics because I'm to lazy to remove the code fro the website source. It is nice to compare, see if google reports correctly...

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Just GA here.

• Same, GA here as well. Might check out Piwik though

• Statcounter

• Statcounter for all my blog.
    Piwik if needed. :D

• i try out piwik .... nice!

but when i view on mobile ... only error displayed ... i though my piwik have problem already ... but now view from desktop browser ... all looks ok.

• GoSquared. Reinvigorate, Guag.es

• Google Analytics, does everything we need (almost).

• @Serverbear Piwik does the same except the google adwords tracking, and has an IMHO cleaner GUI. The last change at google analytics really makes me look for stuf I could before just find.

• Google Analytics, simple to setup and does the job

• Is it just me or is GA fairly poor? I.e. it doesn't show you a list of the latest visitors, where they came from etc., only aggregates?

• That's why I'm using statcounter. Very detailed report with realtime pageload stats, referring page (where they came from), if from search engine what keyword did they use, etc (os, browser type, screen resolution, download activity, and more)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @jhadley said: Is it just me or is GA fairly poor? I.e. it doesn't show you a list of the latest visitors, where they came from etc., only aggregates?

When you say where they came from? As in URL? Or location?

Pull down the Traffic Sources / Sources / Referrals report then add a secondary dimension (i.e. City).

If you want the full referring source URL's in Analytics you need to set up a custom filter as they filter it out automatically.

Filter Name: Full Referrer (or whatever you want to call it)
    Filter Type: Custom Filter
    Advanced
    Field A -> Extract A: Referral (.*)
    Field B -> Extract B: leave blank
    Output To -> Constructor: User Defined $A1
    Field A Required: Yes
    Field B Required: No
    Override Output Field: Yes
    Case Sensitive: No

If anyone needs any Analytics related help I'm happy to lend a hand.

• better doing it on my own; for marketing purposes, need to know where the clients are from and how often they are back...

• Yeah / Google Analytics - for us

• @jhadley said: Is it just me or is GA fairly poor? I.e. it doesn't show you a list of the latest visitors, where they came from etc., only aggregates?

Thats why I've switched to Piwik. Piwik even sends me weekly reports via mail with a good summary!