Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS for TS3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS for TS3

Hello guys

I'm looking for a cheap but good vps for a TS3 server of 20-30 people for my World of Warcraft Guild in Europe

Which one would you recommend?

Comments

• time4vps.eu

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015
  • Digitalocean, Vultr, Ramnode.

• marlmarl Member
    edited August 2015

€3/yr from lowendspirit nat vps, got 1 ts3 setup there in JPN :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • +1 for LES had a TS running on that, was working just fine :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • LES can't handle 20-30 people. I would suggest EvoBurst or time4vps.

• I heavily recommend Ramnode. I've been running a ts3 on a 128mb VPS flawlessly for over a year with 99.9% uptime. Have an average of 10 people with the best codecs and everything is running smoothly!

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Go and take a look at OVH. With their Game Anti DDoS and excellent network!

• Ramnode 128mb in NL is all you need

• Can definitly recommend RamNode and Time4VPS as well and as @davidgestiondbi mentioned, EvoBurst. But HostHatch is a bit cheaper than RN and should absolutely be more then enough as well.

• I have my Teamspeak running on a dedicated server from Delimiter, but thats only because I have it for other things. But no I have had it running on RamNode 128mb, EvoBurst's MegaVZ and BudgetVZ product lines, all are great options.

• i run a ts server on a DO vps works flawlessly, uptime pretty much 100%

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@GMaister22 said:
    Hello guys

I'm looking for a cheap but good vps for a TS3 server of 20-30 people for my World of Warcraft Guild in Europe

Which one would you recommend?

We actually provide Team Speak 3 hosting at $0.30/slot if you're interested: http://hostodo.com/teamspeak.html

• We can provide 1GB RAM, 25GB SSD, 1TB Traffic on a very stable platform with redundant uplinks on each node for just €3,74/mo with promo LAUNCH25LEB

https://my.clickvps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

• +1 ovh, or any other ddos protected service

• Okey, go to evobilling.com and get your hands on a NAT server for 3€/Year. Absolutely the cheapest alternative. PM me if you need any help! :)

• pailypaily Member
    edited August 2015

@TheOnlyDK said:
    LES can't handle 20-30 people. I would suggest EvoBurst or time4vps.

Running one on the Italy Node. Every evening up to 50-60 people connected without any issue.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    LES can't handle 20-30 people. I would suggest EvoBurst or time4vps.

That is not true at all. Teamspeak uses very few ressources.
    I had more than 50 teamspeak servers running on hosts with 256-512mb ram and there were more than 1000 people online at the same time on peak hours.

• @paily @tr1cky I was referring to 100mbps port, save some for others.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    paily tr1cky I was referring to 100mbps port, save some for others.

You will hardly hit 1mb/s with 50-60 people.

• @tr1cky said:
    You will hardly hit 1mb/s with 50-60 people.

Idling or talking? As far as I know, 1mb/s(MB/s?) isn't enough.

• pailypaily Member
    edited August 2015

@TheOnlyDK said:
    paily tr1cky I was referring to 100mbps port, save some for others.

Why should I save some for others, while using ~300kb's(bytes) on peak hours. And as you can see here the port is never fully occupied.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited August 2015

TheOnlyDK said: Idling or talking? As far as I know, 1mb/s(MB/s?) isn't enough.

Talking. One client idling takes less than 1kb/s.

Edit: If you want statistics, I'm sure @paily can give you some for some nodes where he hosts a lot of TS servers.

Thanked by 1paily
  • @paily said:
    Why should I save some for others

Simply because it's shared port with others and you shouldn't use all of it.

@tr1cky by idling I mean in the same channel with other people talking. I thought the voice will be multiplied by 50 when there are 1 speaker + 49 listeners? And if 2 people talk at the same time, then the bandwidth will be squared. All these are assumed all 50 ppl in the same channel.

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    tr1cky by idling I mean in the same channel with other people talking. I thought the voice will be multiplied by 50 when there are 1 speaker + 49 listeners? And if 2 people talk at the same time, then the bandwidth will be squared. All these are assumed all 50 ppl in the same channel.

It's a rarity that 50 people will be in the same channel.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    tr1cky by idling I mean in the same channel with other people talking. I thought the voice will be multiplied by 50 when there are 1 speaker + 49 listeners? And if 2 people talk at the same time, then the bandwidth will be squared. All these are assumed all 50 ppl in the same channel.

In theory, but:

Just joined this server. It has been up a bit more than a day and traffic is at ~150gb.
    That is 4.5TB traffic for a server with nearly 500 people.
    If you calculate that down that is 6250mb/hour, 104mb/minute and 1.8mb/s.

So a server with ~500 clients online uses less than 2mb/s on average.

• @tr1cky said:
    So a server with ~500 clients online uses less than 2mb/s on average.

There are "idiots" out there idle in a busy channel; nothing is impossible, better be safe than sorry. Never risk having your server suspended for "abusing" the port by saving $10 a year and let the 50 people be disappointed.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@tr1cky depends all if the idle and channel quality, if you have 50-80 Users and top notch channel quality you beat that 2MB/s. So with 500 Active users i would say 10MB/s+

• marlmarl Member

I don't see abuse as per op request for only 20-30 people.

• VitaVita Member

Hi,

NanoVZ plan from EvoBurst will work for you as long as you don't mind the NAT IPv4. You can configure TeamSpeak 3 server to use different port other than 9987. Just connect to the administration console and change the port you will find a guide if you search a little bit.
    I run private TS3 on 64MB vps without a problem on EvoBurst DE location, and I don't have any problems. Although I have 5-6 people on the server and max 15, but I guess It will work. The server is very cheap, so you can't go wrong with either 128 or 64.

Here is some info from my server currently.

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:           64M        30M        33M         0B         0B        12M
    -/+ buffers/cache:        18M        45M
    Swap:           0B         0B         0B

RX bytes:9216725754 (8.5 GiB)  TX bytes:14831487872 (13.8 GiB)

17:01:05 up 71 days, 11:31,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.03

Best regards!