Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update regarding offers on LowEndTalk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Update regarding offers on LowEndTalk

mpkossenmpkossen Member
edited August 2015 in Announcements

An important change has just been made to the way LowEndTalk handles offers posted by providers.

In order to be able to post in the 'Offers' category you now require a one-time approval by an administrator, after you will be added to a special group that may post in this category. This will ensure that providers that post offers have past the minimum requirements at least once. It may also benefit future changes to the rules.

The 'Community Offers' section has been introduced for community offers. These offers (like domain auctions) require a per-case approval from a member of staff before being posted. As community members are not providers per se, this was moved to a different category in order to prevent polluting the 'Offer-poster' user group.

If you are a provider and want to post an offer, please contact a member of staff to get added to the group.

Comments

• Good addition.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2015

This I like. Although what checks?

• @Lee said:

successful payment of "corporate membership". didn't you get the offer email this morning?

• successful payment of "corporate membership". didn't you get the offer email this morning?

Heaven forbid if LET even starts to think about that..

• @Dillybob said:
    Heaven forbid if LET even starts to think about that..

You will have to update your sig

• Awesome move. Should also prevent people from posting in the Offers section without meeting the minimum requirements.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited August 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    You will have to update your sig

I really hope not, although... If hosting companies are being checked I don't have an issue regardless the amount they bought the title for. (Part of business). It's just when they start handing it out for a flat payment and not do any check ups on them is when I have an issue and that is EXACTLY what WHT is doing. Shameful to the hosting and business industry.

• @Traffic said:
    Awesome move. Should also prevent people from posting in the Offers section without meeting the minimum requirements.

"community offers" perhaps is the place for those offers. maybe there's some new rules coming.

anyway, it's very VPSB. not that it's a bad thing.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @Lee said:

Whether they comply with our rules and guidelines. We don't test for quality or trustworthiness. Mostly whether they have a website etc.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • jhjh Member

WHC required that their offer-posting members jump through quite a few hoops before gaining access and, with a few exceptions, it works well. The offer quality there is fairly high.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

VPS BOARD also, has a nice system of verification.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Hey @mpkossen. For community offers why not expand it from just VPS. Say VPN

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Hey mpkossen. For community offers why not expand it from just VPS. Say VPN

Not keen on VPN offers personally. But @Jar's mail hosting offers would sure be welcome.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @Traffic said:
    Not keen on VPN offers personally. But Jar's mail hosting offers would sure be welcome.

Sort of what I was thinking.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Hey mpkossen. For community offers why not expand it from just VPS. Say VPN

That will be considered eventually.

• good addition

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Fuck offers with zero post count.

Thanked by 3Traffic Lee netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran

No private whois either, I know it can be faked easy enough however the honest folks out there will not have an issue being just that, honest.

• @Lee said:
    No private whois either, I know it can be faked easy enough however the honest folks out there will not have an issue being just that, honest.

We already require either a public whois or proof of registration. We could change that in the future.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited August 2015

If a member is part of the provider group, I think it's okay to remove their member title. It's kinda redundant and weird. Just like you are an administrator, you don't put member behind that.

• LeeLee Veteran

TheOnlyDK said: If a member is part of the provider group, I think it's okay to remove their member title. It's kinda redundant and weird. Just like you are an administrator, you don't put member behind that.

Makes it easier to see who is approved to post offers though.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@TheOnlyDK said:
    If a member is part of the provider group, I think it's okay to remove their member title. It's kinda redundant and weird. Just like you are an administrator, you don't put member behind that.

+1 on this! I found it a bit wierd.... :P

• @Lee said:

Time to read my friend. (I said remove the "Member" title, NOT the "provider" one).

• LeeLee Veteran

TheOnlyDK said: Time to read my friend. (I said remove the "Member" title, NOT the "provider" one).

My reading was fine however I accept and acknowledge my reply appeared out of context.

Just for clarity, I am not your friend.

• TheOnlyDK said: If a member is part of the provider group, I think it's okay to remove their member title. It's kinda redundant and weird. Just like you are an administrator, you don't put member behind that.

What if a moderator or administrator was the part of provider group?

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@vedran said:
    What if a moderator or administrator was the part of provider group?

Check offer about LES. Should answer your question.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

This is what I have been doing on vpsBoard since it's beginning and it's a great system. Keeps (most) the riff-raff and garbage offers out. Glad to see other forums following.

• nuggets how now feed family? rice bowl empty. happy @kossen fix glasses.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/60997/rajasinet-cheap-vps-hosting-in-jacksonville

• HostMyBytesHostMyBytes Member
    edited August 2015

Pardon the ignorance, but what is WHC?
    Is it Web Hosting Column, from back in the day?

This discussion has been closed.