Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostress gives up GVH Clients - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostress gives up GVH Clients

Comments

• @SNetworks1 said:
    I think they debit the card / bank account attached. If not they would probably attempt to collect the debt in anyway they can.

on a 17 year old. but that would mean having a PP acct and band card/acct. maybe an adult ran the PP acct, but surely they would have closed it knowing chargebacks would follow thick and fast.

• @Bruce said:
    on a 17 year old. but that would mean having a PP acct and band card/acct. maybe an adult ran the PP acct, but surely they would have closed it knowing chargebacks would follow thick and fast.

If it is a 17 year old then they are in breach of the PayPal TOS and as such the debt would fall on his / her parents. They would be the ones that the debt would be recovered from. Or thats my understanding anyway.

• SNetworks1 said: If it is a 17 year old then they are in breach of the PayPal TOS and as such the debt would fall on his / her parents. They would be the ones that the debt would be recovered from. Or thats my understanding anyway.

So one would think but, this is America the home of the I did not know what he was doing defense.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited August 2015

MarkTurner said: No-one is going to sue someone unless there is a chance of recovering costs and damages. More than likely there is nothing to take, its probably just a 50p company.

Aren't directors liable for scams in American companies? Here the protection a SL/LLC gives you ends the moment you don't act properly as a Director or do not abide by the laws. From that very moment you are legally liable to anything the company is liable to, and even personal belongings can be expropriated.

I'm pretty sure that's worldwide.

• And their tag line reads "Customer Satisfaction is our ethos!" o_O

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Anyone that is even bothered about this from a client perspective ignored literally everything else that has happened and at this stage over the past few years, from an evolutionary standpoint you are beyond hope :)

Obviously people living on free credit is different.

There is nothing that can or will be done, it was so obvious from the start this was a huge move to get dedi customers with CC directly after jnug's went full retard with his VPS plans.

Hostress will not be posting any further offers here either period.

• Bruce said: What does PayPal do when the provider has no funds n their account and a charge back happens? Does pp eat the loss ? Anyone know?

They'll probably try to recourse against the bank and cards on the account; then failing that use a collections company to pursue both the company holding the account and the person who signed up (note the personal liability clauses).

• If their collection fails they sell the debt to an external company which offers you lower and lower payment (and probably sues at larger amounts) - I got like 600EUR debt paid with just 200EUR this way, signed up for new paypal, can't use my old cards but nobody banned me yet.

• LeeLee Veteran

Most people are out of pocket a few $'s and it's not going to get recovered. Yeah yeah in a blue sky world someone would be held accountable but this is far from that.

Whoever paid GVH can only claim against GVH not Hostress. Anyone going to try and sue or sell a $20 debt. Time to get real people.

Class action next?

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited August 2015

Too bad I joined LET too late when all the GVH stuff happened. Had already a lot of fun with FortaTrust, Server4You, 1blu and HostingAndVPS but GVH was even another level as it reads like. But FF were very funny people as well. Like sending the same invoice after paying it again as "unpaid", sending invoices for suspended VPS, sending invoices for services you don't even own sometimes, and no option to cancel in WHMCS. To cancel you have to contact this MF via Skype (but is never online), send a letter to an adress in Panama or call them.. But no one will ever pick up the phone. Oh, and all what the "support" was capable of was copy/pasting a part from their ToS when you ask what these shitty cancelation methods are and why 2 of them don't even work. As soon as you just don't pay anymore (was even more fun if you didn't pay with PayPal, luckily I did) you're going to get spammed with multiple emails every day for multiple month about you have unpaid invoices and they'll report you if you don't pay them until [some date].

• nexusrain said: But FF were very funny

Sounds pretty funny. My guilty pleasure is reading threads about 'worst of the worst' hosts. If it gets even worse, I might even have to start signing up, just for laughs.

What does FF stand for, though?

• AnthonySmith said: Hostress will not be posting any further offers here either period.

TacVPS shouldn't either. They're the ones which absorbed clients, and dumped them to another provider without their consent. Many people over here renewed their contracts because the business was being run by TacVPS.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

All hail the lord.
    I feel sad for the GVH clients. They have been thrown from 1 host to another.

• @BlaZe said:
    All hail the lord.
    I feel sad for the GVH clients. They have been thrown from 1 host to another.

That's what you get for wanting VPS's with 1000TB Bandwidth for $1 / Month.

Insane clients meets insane providers.

• kozikozi Member

@Epidrive said:
    1000TB Bandwidth for $1 / Month

I must have missed that offer.... I barely used a gig of my 30tb, never trusted the service enough, didn't think it was sustainable for everyone on the service, so only used it for testing... I'm surprised hostress didn't try and keep the customers who barely used their VPS by offering a decent cut back service in hopes to win them over with stability and make some money from them in the long run...

• I got $50 free credit that was been given away for a while. Had a VPS with them 9 months.
    Never lost data, 99.95% uptime, used it for Linux distributions.
    must of been one of the lucky ones lol

• Do you have any service monitoring data to show that your 99.95% uptime is correct?

@bohdans said:
    I got $50 free credit that was been given away for a while. Had a VPS with them 9 months.
    Never lost data, 99.95% uptime, used it for Linux distributions.
    must of been one of the lucky ones lol

• Just FYI, Hostress isn't out of business. No need to start other companies. I learned my lesson, Don't buy #$%^ companies to try to get big fast. Just one big headache. I wish i let all those clients die with duke.

• @tdale said:
    Just FYI, Hostress isn't out of business. No need to start other companies. I learned my lesson, Don't buy #$%^ companies to try to get big fast. Just one big headache. I wish i let all those clients die with duke.

Now that isn't a nice way to talk about your (soon to be ex) customers.... lol

Thanked by 2namhuy Licensecart
  • Actually it is the sentiment that about everyone on here was expressing to Duke as well.
    He kept getting told he should have let them die with GVH.

• I said company i said nothing about clients. I actually had a good relationship with a bunch of those clients. Good people, just bad company setup. Hostress, LLC will continue. We still offer our KVM SSD VPSes which have GREAT uptime. A lot of GVH clients love them so i didn't really lose the customers. They are all staying, just the GVH services and products are gone.

• tdale said: I said company i said nothing about clients.

Actually you said:

tdale said: I wish i let all those clients die with duke.

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited August 2015

You're a liar with a bad memory, @tdale.

• redacted

• @gsrdgrdghd said:

Due to the business model and what was really left after everything yes but they are still good clients. I'm glad to have them purchasing Hostress products. At the Hostress pricing we will be able to grow with clients and provide long lasting service. A lot of them are starting to realize you cant have 500gb space, 8gb ram, 10tb bw and 13 ips for 4 dollars a year. Which is great. We offer realistic plans at realistic prices. Hostress itself is not a loss and does turn a profit. The GVH stuff just killed the ratio. In the end I'm making things right with the GVH customers with account credits towards realistic products that work great.

This will be my last post on the thread as its served its purpose. If anyone needs any assistance or wants to talk about what i can offer you to continue our relationship please open a support ticket.

Thank you,

Tom

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited August 2015

i find hostress is very disrespectful to gvh clients or in another word hostress's clients (hostress bought gvh's clients). highly NOT recommended hostress to anyone.

• Well, I just cancelled my 24 cores VPS that was due on the 20th. It's a sad day for me, it was working really well. Goodbye GVH.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • LeeLee Veteran

I don't even believe nuggets has given up. He will be out there somewhere with a new host.

• @tdale said:
    This will be my last post on the thread as its served its purpose. If anyone needs any assistance or wants to talk about what i can offer you to continue our relationship please open a support ticket

Just want to say you're a prick. You gave people false hope. What happens to the ones who renewed with Hostress for their GVH plans? Are you going to refund them their remaining time? We already know of somebody who was given an invoice for their GVH services with you.

Everyone knew GVH was a terrible thing to rescue it's why we didn't see reputable providers try and rescue it. You've been a prick to your customers in all honesty. The only people who deserve some applause is @Ernie for giving people additional time on their services so they can migrate.

@AnthonySmith - Can we just ban TDale and any alt accounts he makes? (e.g under the alias Crystal)

I mean all he's done is caused a shit storm in the time he has been here.

I just want to apologize to every previous GVH client. I know you may of signed up just to see if it was able to be provided at the price but some people may not of been able to afford a vps and this helped them. All I've heard since TDale took over is a 'security breach', massive data loss and now the complete and utter removal of GVH services. What a fantastic job you've done @tdale 10/10 best provider ever.

I just love how you think your GVH customers will want to sign up with you after all this shit.

@tdale said:
    I wish i let all those clients die with duke.

That was also a great thing to post. Best way to retain your customers.

• IThinkUFailed said: What happens to the ones who renewed with Hostress for their GVH plans? Are you going to refund them their remaining time?

Thats the LEAST thing he MUST do - Else he is clearly criminal.

The 'debt' of GVH itself and the yearly payments made to Nuggets might be hard to enforce but the payments made to him for timeframes longer than he provides... clear.

This discussion has been closed.