Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Leaseweb asked for an initial deposit of EUR 1000 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Leaseweb asked for an initial deposit of EUR 1000

Comments

• @rds100 said:

We recoginze this as a very unfriendly action. Just want more people to know how these **** treats Chinese.

A Chinese idiom: never put your warm face on a cold ass.

• jhjh Member
    edited August 2015

XIAOSpider97 said: We ARE Chinese, but we are paying for abusers who ARE from China too...

Yes I know it's annoying but this sort of stereotyping is everywhere in society. Your VPS is the least of your concerns. If you want some numbers, here you go.. Before we blocked access from China, we had 0% business from China despite a fair bit of traffic and since blocking China and other countries, and ColoCrossing, contact form and other spam has fallen by about 90%.

gabriell said: we live in the dfferent society. We do not know each other well. It is possible that we have misunderstand to others

I agree with this. There are a lot of Chinese students at my university and, generally the locals dislike that fact. They're often perceived to be inconsiderate but to me it's just a different culture and nobody's fault.

gabriell said: However, as a famous, leaseweb can not make this rule with any extra interpretation.

I am not a lawyer but I always thought that a business can refuse to supply anyone they want. Furthermore, there is a lot of red tape around supplying certain countries anyway, i.e. the Government recognises it's not worth always the hassle.

• @jhadley said:
    I am not a lawyer but I always thought that a business can refuse to supply anyone they want. Furthermore, there is a lot of red tape around supplying certain countries anyway, i.e. the Government recognises it's not worth always the hassle.

It is truth for what you said. I guess my quick inputs make you misunderstand my meaning. Leaseweb has right to choose its customers. It will be better if they suggest customers from special countries not to pay for their service or announce that these customers need to pay for extra deposit.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • jhjh Member

gabriell said: It will be better if they suggest customers from special countries not to pay for their service or announce that these customers need to pay for extra deposit.

Yes, it would be better if they're upfront about it. You don't deserve to have your time wasted unnecessarily.

Thanked by 2rds100 Mridul
  • @jhadley said:
    Yes, it would be better if they're upfront about it. You don't deserve to have your time wasted unnecessarily.

Anyway, thanks for your objective comments.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited August 2015

They're a business and if you want to do business with them , you do business on their terms. If that means to avoid most abusers they had experiences so far collecting up-front money, that you either accept it or don't do business with them on their terms.

One positive aspect of being a corporation/self-employed that you get to choose your clients, and they can not force you to choose them in most cases.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited August 2015

XIAOSpider97 said: We recoginze this as a very unfriendly action. Just want more people to know how these **** treats Chinese.

It's simple: If 10% of your revenue but 50% of your abuse (numbers used as examples) comes from a single country, it might make sense to ban that country.

• gsrdgrdghd said: it might make sense to ban that country.

Yes because stereotyping is a thing.

• XIAOSpider97 said: A Chinese idiom: never put your warm face on a cold ass.

Why do you want to put your face on an ass in the first place?

• @Ishaq said:

I thought that's how you greeted people... I've been doing it WRONG.

• @Ishaq said:

This is just an idiom, "cold ass" stands for cold hearts.
    the opposite is "warm face"

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited August 2015

eastonch said: Yes because stereotyping is a thing.

That is not stereotyping, it's called math. If I make 100€ profit from chinese customers but lose 200€ due to abuse by chinese customers, I will ban all chinese customers and make 100€ profit (or lose 100€ less)

Thanked by 2classy 4n0nx
  • Go buy another VM

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2015
    1. Discrimination exists, it is a fact of life, get used to it. As a romanian citizen I am discriminated against even in EU. Who'se fault is people think roma ar romanian? Does not matter, it is a fact and will remain like that, pushing for justice and fair treatment will simply increase far right vote and all EU will return to war misery and economic ruin.
    2. Turn this into an advantage. Open a business with a big sign in chinese: We speak chinese, welcome! Romania welcomes immigrants from China, Syria, Iran, etc. While their culture is different, we are a versatile people and stereotyping helps us deal with it, many study in Romanian universities and remain to work here. Still Romania has one of the lowest crime rates in EU. It is not the non-drinking arabs which create problems in UK< it is the right wing hooligans which get delirium tremens without 1 mg/l alcohol in their blood and it was always like that. who caters for emigrants has a job, the others only prop up unpopular regimes and take care of dictator's money.
    3. There will always be discrimination because we are all part of some minority. Who does not understand this and tries to push legislation instead of education, is in for a bad surprise. Discrimination and xenophobia are part of our natural instincts which worked to protect the tribe against invaders and disease. Pushing legislation against those instincts is going against the inner self of many people, most uneducated and they will feel threatened and cornered "in their own country". They have no place in today's world, but they exist and are a fact of life. Coping with it is a necessary skill for survival. If you can't get a plot of land in the middle of nowhere and live an autarchic patriarchal life. Or kill yourself.
    4. Not all discrimination is organic/instinctive, some are deliberatly making a choice as detailed above, if for 10% of the income have 50% of the abuse, you would rather cut the part of your business operating at a loss, the chinese have their own internet there, their own amazon, facebook, twitter, etc. The ones that do reach out are doing it either with criminal intent or because do not believe official propaganda. Neither are good for business, but there are exceptions. China has big chances to win the WWIII and we will all become chinese.
    Thanked by 3jh GM2015 TheKiller
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2015

Where'd you get the idea that China = WWIII? They literally buy out the USA's debt and with a destroyed China, where will I get my high quality low priced garbage?

@Maounique is really keeping up with Propaganda Weekly :)

edited August 2015

To start a crusade-like war, you need a few things:

1. You are convinced you have the ultimate truth or your model is the best (democracy sux among other things);
    2. You have the "conspiracy theory" against you. Everyone is out to get you, dont let you live in peace. This works better in russia and it is possible russia will stat the war, I only say who will win it.
    3. You have the economic power to at least make yoru army big and well supplied to such a level everyone will notice it and start an arms race which will prove to you they really are preparing to attack you.
    4. You are mad enough to go for preemptive strikes in hope of a blitzkrieg or the arms race and tensions are so high it will start by mistake.
    5. China is not ready yet, needs 10-15 more years at least of prosperity and stability, it is not sure will manage that 100%, but if Russia starts it, they are fully capable of defeating russia and take at least the asiatic part inhabited by asiatic people.

You will see :)

• And damn, good thing I'm in Canada where discrimination is rare (except for the First Nations, the gov. is a piece of sh!t to them unfortunately).

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • @Zappie said:
    You can buy a ~/24 with that on RIPE

Well, still a good number of IPs to add to my collection :)

(yes, I'm hoarding IPv4 addresses)

• @Maounique said:
    To start a crusade-like war, you need a few things:

1. You are convinced you have the ultimate truth or your model is the best (democracy sux among other things);
    2. You have the "conspiracy theory" against you. Everyone is out to get you, dont let you live in peace. This works better in russia and it is possible russia will stat the war, I only say who will win it.
    3. You have the economic power to at least make yoru army big and well supplied to such a level everyone will notice it and start an arms race which will prove to you they really are preparing to attack you.
    4. You are mad enough to go for preemptive strikes in hope of a blitzkrieg or the arms race and tensions are so high it will start by mistake.
    5. China is not ready yet, needs 10-15 more years at least of prosperity and stability, it is not sure will manage that 100%, but if Russia starts it, they are fully capable of defeating russia and take at least the asiatic part inhabited by asiatic people.

You will see :)

Hopefully they don't hit Canada. Living there makes it seem like I should be grateful that there are... no large volcanoes, tsunamis, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes above 1 magnitude, and most importantly, no war. In case China does attack us (somehow), we have the US military by are side - assuming that they don't do something stupid e.g. use a nuclear bomb on us to "remove" China militants.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2015

Ask each one for deposit 1000 and be rich :)

Asking for send ID and huge deposit > scam

• Not sure what's funnier, the fact they asked or the fact you didn't see that coming.

• Personally not trust company who asking for upload ID and call for verification.

Thanked by 2Maounique KwiceroLTD
    edited August 2015

Call for verification is another thing than asking for ID. There are 3 things required to prove your VAT status, checking your phone is one of them which is least intrusive, however, if someone asks for ID verification this means trouble, they either dont know how easy it is to be faked, they intend to do something with it you may not like or just to cover their asses for incompetent police. There is also the chance it will get leaked.
    I can do any fake if i take some time, but it never worked well for the people who asked it, last time I was asked this was from burstnet some 10 years ago.

• fitvpn said: Asking for send ID and huge deposit > scam

BS, Leaseweb is no scam, it's after all one of the largest DCs in Europe.

• Leaseweb probably doesn't want "trash" traffic on its network and handling abuses all the time.

I do remember one USA hoster had a huge problems with overloaded network because they've sold unmetered traffic servers and most of the people were from China for hit leap.

• William said: Leaseweb is no scam, it's after all one of the largest DCs in Europe.

That not a reason start abuse subscriber

alexvolk said: alexvolk

That worse way keep pipes clean. Start abuse avoid abuse :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@fitvpn it's funny that you are telling LeaseWeb how to run their business. You are also calling them scammers, which probably means you have zero experience with them.

• fitvpn said: That not a reason start abuse subscriber

Again, LW did NOT DENY SERVICE - The prepayment is just a requirement for service. This is fully legal and zero scam - You get this message BEFORE ANY PAYMENT TO THEM.

Scam implies you lost something which simply is not the case here at all.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2015

Nyr said: Nyr

Yes correct, read above. Do not deal with companies who asking for illegal things. Never subsribe to iKola or Leaseweb or similar

William said: William

Prepayment $1000? As they report. This normal? And after uploading ID to them like a hostage

• Yes it's fine as they are considering your country as high risk. From a legal perspective it's 100% ok.

The only thing I would agree on is that when ordering if you choose say china from the country list you get a pop up stating that due to reasons we will require ID & a 1000 euro deposit, do you wish to proceed.

The deposit is there incase you do something wrong and disappear they will use part or all of it to cover money they lose from your actions. If not they will refund it.