Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the last resort for GVH customers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

the last resort for GVH customers

agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

just received a mail from hostress

++++++++++++++

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform our GVH customers that we can no longer serve you. The model that the previous company had was not profitable and we can no longer float the debt. At this time the servers are defaulted with our provider and will not be renewed. As a courtesy our provider has given the customers of GVH a 30 day time frame to move their data to a new provider. We unfortunately will not be issueing service creditds or refunds

Hudson Valley Host will be acquiring the dedicated server clients. These clients will receive new client area logins at Hudson Valley Host. Pricing will not change for them.

Hudson Valley Host also would like to extend an offer to the OpenVZ VPS customers. They are offering 55% off for LIFE on any self-managed VPS account or shared hosting account. You can use coupon code: gvh5515. Unfortunately Hudson Valley Host cannot honor the current offerings that GVH did prior and will not be absorbing the VPS and shared customers. If you would like to signup and use the provided coupon you can view their website at http://www.HudsonValleyHost.com.

The current servers will remain online until 9/18/2015. At this time the servers will be taken offline and the data will be purged.

This email only applies to prior GVH customers and the equipment from GVH. This does not apply to previous Hostress customers. Their services will remain online. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank You,

Hostress

++++++++++++++++

enjoy...

Comments

• Why not just change the pricing instead of causing the hassle of moving to the clients

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@MrRapidHost said:
    Why not just change the pricing instead of causing the hassle of moving to the clients

thats what i was wondering...

• maybe due to lots of annual deals, so no income for many months

Thanked by 1neills
  • jhjh Member
    edited August 2015

It's not working out

Acquired by another "company"

Actually, not acquired at all

Actually, acquired by a third "company"

It's not working out

Acquired by a fourth "company" or told to leave

You'd have a better chance as one of Henry VIII's wives - you wouldn't find this outside LET

• KrisKris Member

The 'announcement' email we got, they almost made it 60 days.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
    Subject:    Important News About Your TACVPS Account
    Date:   Thu, 18 Jun 2015 17:03:21 +0000

Guessing they couldn't make the month's bills and were given 30 days to clear off the machines.

Thanked by 1neills
  • LeeLee Veteran

Kris said: The 'announcement' email we got, they almost made it 60 days.

Or they just adapted an old announcement.

• KrisKris Member

@Lee said:
    Or they just adapted an old announcement.

It's all the same... Only the names will change, every day - it seems they're wasting away... Another day... when the clients have been sold...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

The fact there are still "GVH customers" is what amazes me.

• @Maounique said:
    The fact there are still "GVH customers" is what amazes me.

cancer exist still. bubonic plague.

• Inb4 "(insert humptidumpti) acquired Hostress"

Thanked by 1netomx

@neills said:
    cancer exist still. bubonic plague.

You dont buy those, people actually paid for GVH services.

• Maounique said:

You dont buy those, people actually paid for GVH services.

Eh some people pay big money for things along those lines but I digress..........

• bad people pay gvh. lots free go here mods say so.

• Everyone's personal information is once again being sold/given away to another host. Surprise surprise!

Thanked by 1neills
  • now make 5 company have data.

neills said: now make 5 company have data.

I think everyone has it, you may find it on the internet, some people claim.
    I say everyone's info is available on the internet even if they never put it online. Govt institutions and hospitals are hacked, so...

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

:D - I only bought a GVH reseller for the Unlimited WIldcard SSL - I got my money's worth in the first hour of it... not surprised they had no income though, all the deals were like $10.00/year :P

• Sad I have 3 annual vps with them, no service or refund is not acceptable for me.

Thanked by 1neills
  • As much bitching as I've seen about GVH, and its "successors" on this forum, I've had a couple of vps starting with GVH nearly two years ago, and frankly, I don't see what all the b.s. is about, they sold you a product at a great price, and as far as I'm concerned it worked as advertised... Right after Hostress took over and the outage/"hack" occurred, I dropped down to only one vps with them, and paid this last remaining vps for a year.. Now I get this chintzy-ass email telling me I gotta find another vendor for the services I use my last GVH/TacVPS/Hostress vps for, Oh and by the way, the remainder of the year you paid for (approx 9 months), we're gonna keep it.... so there!! Hell will freeze over before I'd consider moving over to an actual Hostress vps based on THIS attitude by the owners.. Right after Hostress took over, I'd kinda sorta been cheering them on... After this bullshit, I hope they go bellyup....

Thanked by 1neills
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

So GVH...are they legit?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:
    So GVH...are they legit?

Check the WHT offers section.

• @shovenose said:
    Check the WHT offers section.

@raindog308 said:
    So GVH...are they legit?

They have corporate membership so they must be legit.

Thanked by 1raindog308
This discussion has been closed.