Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi validation ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi validation ?

Hi,

I already have 2 Kimsufi servers and just ordere a third one (KS-2). I thought I would get it withing 120 seconds.

Unfortunately,I got an email telling me my order will be reviewed ("Our teams will validate it as soon as possible."). Why ? I'm already a client for a long time ....

Any idea how long this could take ?

Thanks !
"

Comments

• Maybe they're curious because you're ordering so "many" and will check if the IPs of your existing servers are on blacklists or something. Could take some time as this is obviously not automated.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • You expect the server in 120 seconds?

Ouch, better off waiting at least 24 hours before a complaint.

• FlamesRunner said: Ouch, better off waiting at least 24 hours before a complaint.

Please point out where the customer is complaining.

OVH Will sometimes have to validate your account, this is usually just a one-off, and may request some Identification From you such as a Government issued photo-ID and/or proof of address.

Thanks,

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

FlamesRunner said: You expect the server in 120 seconds?

They say multiple times on the Kimsufi ordering page that the server is to be available in 120 seconds (once in the header and then next to the actual server models). If they can't deliver, they shouldn't advertise this. Else this is just false advertising, simple as that.

Thanked by 2wlambrechts 4n0nx
  • edited August 2015

I already had 2x Kimsufi, then I ordered the KS3 and had the same message. I had to send them proof of address. I'm sure they have a link within the message to send them information.

Thanked by 2wlambrechts 4n0nx
  • @Freelancenerds said:
    I'm sure they have a link within the message to send them information.

Unfortunately no:

"Your order xxx has been received.
    Our teams will validate it as soon as possible.

Order summary:

• Kimsufi - 4G Atom 1x1TB Server - 1 month

We will provide you with the order delivery date and your bill in a future email. The order amount will be taken from the payment method linked to your customer account.
    "

• edited August 2015

You probably ordered one the same time as many other people hit that pay for button, no doubt you will get one when another comes available.

• JuanakoJuanako Member
    edited August 2015

@Freelancenerds said:
    You probably ordered one the same time as many other people hit that pay for button, no doubt you will get one when another comes available.

Exactly, my last one takes about one day to get validated.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2015

The "Validation" is actually playing for time until they terminate some people to make space.

Thanked by 2GM2015 vimalware
  • Agh, sorry for that - though, I wouldn't complain immediately... I think it's fine that they're asking for this, although their selection for this looks random per order, I guess.

• I've had this problem lots of times. Sometimes they would ask for validation, sometimes they'd deliver it and sometimes they'd do neither of those things and I'd just be in limbo. So whenever I need a server delivered reasonably quickly I go with online.net instead.

• UPDATE: I opened a support ticket and they responded within a few hours with a link to pay for the server (a link which I did not receive initially). After payment the server was set up within a few minutes.