Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Websound Las Vegas VPS .... Who is Not lucky than me , I have fainted
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Websound Las Vegas VPS .... Who is Not lucky than me , I have fainted

qq7119qq7119 Member

Russell wang || Client (16/08/2015 07:13)
Last so long, no one to deal with, really sad

Russell wang || Client (16/08/2015 00:59)
recreate the VPS

hope that it can solve me problem

recreate the VPS

hope that it can solve me problem

Very upset! VPS encountered these problems,other VPS, did not appear

Russell wang || Client (16/08/2015 00:50)
If you can connect, I will not waste your time, it's sincere words...
I really have no way to connect, now I wasted too much time, you can replace the NEW IP,

Russell wang || Client (16/08/2015 00:37)
I really have no way to connect, now I wasted too much time, or you can replace the NEW IP,
can you help me to reinstall it?centos-7.1-x86_64

Russell wang || Client (16/08/2015 00:30)
I link SSH. . . . Problems !you can see I made the picture

Attachments:
20150816072950.jpg

Russell wang || Client (16/08/2015 00:19)
Input be 'Good' for, it refused to let me sign in SSH

I do not know what went wrong.
Centos-7.0-x86_64 installation correct?

Callum Marshall || Staff (16/08/2015 00:10)
Hello,

Yes, the root password must be 'Good' for Virtualizor to accept it, that is defined by Virtualizor themselves, not us.

Callum Marshall
WebSound Founder
Senior Management Team

Russell wang || Client (16/08/2015 00:01)
Crazy, no language can explain why. . . . . . .
Your root password must be 'Good'
I am hundred percent sure password, I enter Good

SSH server refused, password, prompt,please try again .....Oh God

Oh GodOh GodOh God

Attachments:
065100.png
65253.png

Callum Marshall || Staff (15/08/2015 23:00)
Hello,

Your root password must be 'Good' for the reinstallation to complete without problem.

Callum Marshall
WebSound Founder
Senior Management Team

Russell wang || Client (15/08/2015 19:39)
help me install complete it to, I have been tired of it tortured! Thank you, can I?

Russell wang || Client (15/08/2015 19:15)
Thirty minutes later this interface has been stuck, I do not know how to do is correct!

Attachments:
XXXX.png

Russell wang || Client (15/08/2015 18:51)
If I could control , I,would not bother you

I click, simply is not valid

Attachments:
X.png
X22.png

Callum Marshall || Staff (15/08/2015 18:38)
Hello,

We recommend using the full Virtualizor Control Panel as it delivers more functionality than the client area, the client area is only intended for providing basic functions.

Callum Marshall
WebSound Founder
Senior Management Team

Russell wang || Client (15/08/2015 18:19)
I am very confused, control center two web pages.. In the end which one is correct console

Russell wang || Client (15/08/2015 18:09)
installed,OK how long time? Can't see has been installed, can you help me to reinstall it?centos-7.1-x86_64,

You can help me complete it? I can not seem to install, and always incorrect password shh

Callum Marshall || Staff (15/08/2015 17:12)
Hello,

There is no firewall on the node which will block your IP in such a way.

Callum Marshall
WebSound Founder
Senior Management Team

Russell wang || Client (15/08/2015 16:50)
I proved that it is indeed your firewall settings wrong, because I used a friend's US server ip can succeed once SHH!

Russell wang || Client (15/08/2015 16:37)
Replacing a SHH port, do you think???

Russell wang || Client (15/08/2015 16:11)
I unlucky or you unfortunate ..... Me two different computer IP is also unable SHH, which in the end what is the problem?

Attachments:
0815230743.png

Callum Marshall || Staff (15/08/2015 15:34)
Hello,

The VPS was recreated and your new information has been sent to you via email.

Callum Marshall
WebSound Founder
Senior Management Team

Russell wang || Client (15/08/2015 14:42)
recreate the VPS definitely want to continue, really thank you for help

Callum Marshall || Staff (15/08/2015 14:40)
Hello,

We can recreate the VPS, please confirm if you wish to proceed.

Callum Marshall
WebSound Founder
Senior Management Team

Russell wang || Client (15/08/2015 14:11)
Connecting to 104.238.224.207:22...
Could not connect to '104.238.224.207' (port 22): Connection failed.

Type `help' to learn how to use Xshell prompt.

You can give me NEW to IP ??

Russell wang || Client (15/08/2015 14:07)
Firewall blocked my IP address? ??

I totally do not have access to 104.238.224.207, you can give me NEW to IP

Attachments:
0815210341.png
0532.png

Callum Marshall || Staff (15/08/2015 13:50)
Hello,

What error are you getting?

Callum Marshall
WebSound Founder
Senior Management Team

Russell wang || Client (15/08/2015 12:43)
The OS has been reinstalled ......................
I still can not connect the VPS SHH

Help help ah ah God ~

Attachments:
QQ20150815194335.png

Russell wang || Client (15/08/2015 12:24)
installed,OK how long time? Can't see has been installed, can you help me to reinstall it?centos-7.1-x86_64,

Comments

• Websound cry for you ..........................

• edited August 2015

I notice it is a KVM VPS.

Is there an option to connect via VNC in the control panel?

You may want to try connecting to that, and see if there is anything displayed on screen.

Sometimes you have to finish the install via VNC.

Even if that works, their support should still have told you that, so it's their fault.

Edit: however, when it says the password must be "Good" I think it means you must have a strong password, with numbers and letters. Not that the password actually has to be "Good" :/

• VNC in the control panel?
    This is it tips
    Failed to connect to server (code: 1006)

• The installation process is pretty painful.

I had to ask support also to fix it for me after spending close to 2 hours on the topic, wondering what I had done wrong.

• support reluctant to help me, recreate the VPS

• BG32BG32 Member

What's with all the nuffy posts of late on here?!

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2015

I don't know what I just read, but from what I gather nor the provider or customer know what they are doing. It seems the OP is new to VPS and has no idea what they are doing and it looks like some companies cheap outsourced support has about the same amount of understanding.

My suggestion: If you don't know how to use an unmanaged product then don't order one. Sounds to me like the OP needs someone to manage the server for them as they don't even understand the generics of installing and getting the server online which is knowledge you need to have when ordering an unmanaged product. If this isn't an unmanaged product then I suggest you find a new provider as these guys don't seem to have a clue.

TL; DR:

If you do understand how to manage your own service, then just based on the chat you pasted I would find a new provider and cancel with that company.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2Licensecart ucxo
  • I Cried for You

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Personally I've only had an issue where the network went out for a few hours which sucked a large dick... other than that WebSound has been great for me and a few little shoutcast servers I host on their VPS

• qq7119qq7119 Member
    edited August 2015

They say help me, five hours later, only the endless wait

Re-building a network cable. To a temporary line, haha, I really speechless. Corporate efficiency is too slow

• After a long exchange, and now I'm finally ready to use,Long wait finally solved

• Hello,

From our end the issues you've been having appeared to be at no fault of ours, we investigated and all reinstallations completed without problem. When we say the password must be 'Good' we mean Virtualizor must display the password strength as good, I apologise if that wasn't clear.

As others have suggested you should use the VNC Console to try and diagnose issues.

I can confirm that WebSound doesn't have 'cheap outsourced support' - We have a small team of inhouse staff, and our support is intended for issues within our control, the issues the OP had weren't within our range of support, however, we went out of our way to assist the client and work towards a resolution.

Thanked by 2rokok Nyr
  • It really was not lucky, VPS restart SHH could not connected, I shut down VPS, then boot, have been waiting for.

• Buy the VPS, This experience is really too painful

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

qq7119 said: Buy the VPS, This experience is really too painful

Don't buy a VPS if you don't have a clue about how to manage it.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited August 2015

No idea wtf this huge mush of text is. If you want someone to read something, please format it.

• @Dillybob said:
    No idea wtf this huge mush of text is. If you want someone to read something, please format it.

He can't. OP has fainted.

• Two hours past to the present is still waiting

• I have already purchased more than 10, I think I know how to use it

• Bad Day .......unlucky

• Star-crossed imbroglio for sure.

• I have dealt with your ticket(s) personally. The main points simply being you're not allowing any fair amount of time for us to respond, you're expecting an almost immediate response and you simply won't get that, especially when you constantly bump your ticket(s).

The main problem being you seem to reboot your VPS, then everything 'stops working' - that doesn't randomly happen, and I can't replicate the issue from my end, and nor can any other client we host,

Reinstallations, reboots etc all complete without failure for me, I spent over an hour yesterday testing and trying different things, that's an hour i've ensured everything works correctly for you, and it does. I'm afraid WebSound cannot support you anymore with issues outside of our control, and I can only recommend you look into a managed VPS service, as that's what you seem to require.

• Not sure how the vps isn't working, you get the password and you can log in.

Is it the client or the provider? OP how are you attempting to log in?

If you are using ssh root@ip-address try ssh root@ip-address -p 22

It should ask you for the password, use the one you set or provided.

It should log into your VPS. If it doesn't see if you can get a refund and then go to another provider.

• @Licensecart said:
    Not sure how the vps isn't working, you get the password and you can log in.

Is it the client or the provider? OP how are you attempting to log in?

If you are using ssh root@ip-address try ssh root@ip-address -p 22

It should ask you for the password, use the one you set or provided.

It should log into your VPS. If it doesn't see if you can get a refund and then go to another provider.

The client could login without problem, like I said I spent well over an hour yesterday completing reinstallations (as per his request), they all worked fine and he accessed the VPS without issue, confirmed by himself in the ticket. The problem has arose this morning when he has seemed to reboot the VPS and SSH no longer works, that suggesting that a change has been made to the VPS when it was online which has broken the functionality, or blocked it from working (firewall possibly?) - Like you mention, I certainly think it's within their best interests to request a refund if within our 7 day money back guarantee period, and move to a fully managed provider - We'll go out of our way to help clients, but I can't have any of us spend the amount if time we have done on a daily basis on this client, it's not feasible or fair (on other clients) at the prices we charge.

Thanked by 2Licensecart doghouch
    edited August 2015

@WSCallum said:
    I have dealt with your ticket(s) personally. The main points simply being you're not allowing any fair amount of time for us to respond, you're expecting an almost immediate response and you simply won't get that, especially when you constantly bump your ticket(s).

The main problem being you seem to reboot your VPS, then everything 'stops working' - that doesn't randomly happen, and I can't replicate the issue from my end, and nor can any other client we host,

Reinstallations, reboots etc all complete without failure for me, I spent over an hour yesterday testing and trying different things, that's an hour i've ensured everything works correctly for you, and it does. I'm afraid WebSound cannot support you anymore with issues outside of our control, and I can only recommend you look into a managed VPS service, as that's what you seem to require.

Honestly, don't waste anymore time on this matter. I'm glad you actually spent time with your client and showed that atleast you care.

Some people are just self so entitled and want everything to be done instantly and there way, with no learning curve, and don't want to spend time to learn. Which you're right the client should go towards a managed VPS option.

• Russell wang || Client (17/08/2015 17:38)
    Not smooth access,Virtualizor. . How do I own to complete the installation smoothly?

Access Virtualizor. It is slow. How do complete the installation smoothly? ? ?

If I can quickly access it, then I would install complete, do not need to bother you

Callum Marshall || Staff (17/08/2015 17:11)
    Hello,

What problem are you having exactly? The details you're giving don't make sense, and we cannot help you if we cannot understand you.

Callum Marshall
    WebSound Founder
    Senior Management Team

Will someone understand me, my problem and pain, I can not solve!!!

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2015

@qq7119 The "Fact" (?) that you have 10 vps cannot prove you have a damn clue about how an unmanaged server is working. Or, maybe, you had till now some openvz instances that is more easy to manage, because it is just a layer of the undergoing O/S and do not need much manual configurations.
    If you buy a kvm vps, then, you have to know exactly how to manage your own problems, especially when the provider offers an unmanaged service. Low prices for unmanaged servers are just because of this: you handle all the issues and the provider has just to provide you an access thru vnc, an online network adapter and a working hardware (discs etc.). Nothing else.
    When buying a service from a low cost provider, you cannot have expectations when a problem is arising, to make for you an almost real time chatting in ticketing system. If you want that kind of support, then you have to pay much more $$$ to have it.

qq7119 said: Will someone understand me, my problem and pain, I can not solve!!!

Also, have to mention that your english are really suck, it is difficult for anyone to understand. If you buy a product / service from an english speaking company, then, YOU have to be able to communicate with them, not them to make guesses to understand you.
    Websound seem to spend a lot of time trying to understand the OP and help him, but their client cannot really handle his own problems nor use the vnc console. If I was websound, I would stop the OP's services for abusing help support...

• qq7119qq7119 Member
    edited August 2015

Ryan Wilcox || Staff (17/08/2015 18:10)
    Hi Russel,

We are aware of issues, we have had to perform an emergency reboot to fix ongoing issues, the VPS should return to normal shortly.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Ryan Wilcox
    Senior Technician
    Technical Support Team

I'm crazy to faint on the ground, I want to suicide!
    you really know how to torture people,Boss!!!

• @qq7119 Do you have VPS with other providers? If you do, is it working well?

edited August 2015

Can you please stop posting copy and paste support tickets on here? Jesus fucking CHRIST.

Thanked by 1jvnadr