Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2015 - 3 PCs $24.99 Newegg.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2015 - 3 PCs $24.99 Newegg.com

FrankZFrankZ Veteran
edited August 2015 in General

NewEgg is the best place I have found to buy NOD32 and they are running a special.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2015 - 3 PCs $24.99

Antivirus & Antispyware
Exploit Blocker
Advanced Memory Scanner
Cloud-Powered Scanning
Anti-Phishing
Portable Device Control

Use promo code EMCAWKR95 to reduce price from $59.99 to $24.99

Digital download, no shipping.
You can buy now and use when your current code expires.
I waited 3 months to install purchased activation code last time and had no issues.

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832114059
EDIT: promotions expire 20/08/2015

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

Meh... just use McAfee Endpoint it's ~$2/mo/PC. Only thing is it doesn't work with WIn10 very well yet. Or Bitdefender Free Edition

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I just hate McAfee... Kaspersky all the way

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • I run Slackware so I guess this is not for me either. :(

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited August 2015

@shovenose $2 a month X 12 months X 3 PCs = $72.
    $25/3/12= $0.69 a month or $8 a year per PC
    So I though I would share.

• AeneAene Member

Being a download, do you know if anyone(even non-US) can buy it?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited August 2015

@Aene - My account is like 15 years old so I just made a new one from Mexico and it seems there is no problem. You do have to pick a shipping address in the US, UK, Australia, India, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, or Poland even though it is not shipped.

• jhjh Member

Can't speak for Windows but on Mac, ESET's marketing about performance is total BS. It seriously slows the computer down.

• sinsin Member
    edited August 2015

I got my license for ESET Smart Security 2015 for like $18 or something on Amazon :) - you can usually find really good pricing on security products on Amazon especially from other sellers.

• sinsin Member
    edited August 2015

jhadley said: Can't speak for Windows but on Mac, ESET's marketing about performance is total BS. It seriously slows the computer down.

On Windows it's performance is great...I honestly can't see it being a performance hog unless someone has a really old computer or crap hardware.

• AeneAene Member

@jhadley said:
    Can't speak for Windows but on Mac, ESET's marketing about performance is total BS. It seriously slows the computer down.

Haven't had any issues on my HP laptop, but it's license is expiring in a couple of days.

• i got norton :) totally free from ISP. and its only £10 from g2a

• nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited August 2015

I hate antivirus, always popping up shit, don't use it for years, just another disguised spyware

I remenber being 12 and having Comodo Firewall installed, most annoying and useless piece of software ever

I'm smart enought to not click in fake download buttons with "Pay Per Install" adware and spyware, and I always uncheck those boxes that ask me to install shitware in certain apps

I dont execute/install dubius stuff on my main environment, prevention is better than the best antivirus

• @netomx said:
    I just hate McAfee... Kaspersky all the way

Mcafee was causing my Win10 laptop to BSOD, And it caused it to lockup from time to time. on ESET no issues here

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Does it matter what version you get? ESET says you get free upgrades - so couldn't we just buy a cheap 2013/14 edition and upgrade?

• The worst of 'em all.

@TarZZ92 said:
    i got norton :) totally free from ISP. and its only £10 from g2a

• Avast has gotten pretty bloated lately and it seems the false positives have increased, but I still find it to be good enough to warrant not paying for an antivirus. Sandboxie + Firefox (w/NoScript + Ghostery) has kept me squeeky clean for quite a long time.

• For Bitdefender fans:

Bitdefender Total Security Multi-Device 2015 (Windows/Mac/Android, up to 5 devices, 1yr): $29.98

https://store.bitdefender.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=4631716&QTY=1&COUPON=IS-TS-TSMD2015-70%25OFF

• qrwteyrutiyoup said: For Bitdefender fans:

Bitdefender Total Security Multi-Device 2015 (Windows/Mac/Android, up to 5 devices, 1yr): $29.98

https://store.bitdefender.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=4631716&QTY=1&COUPON=IS-TS-TSMD2015-70%OFF

It's still more expensive than on Amazon.in without any coupon.

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • @Droidzone said:
    It's still more expensive than on Amazon.in without any coupon.

Sounds great, then. I searched there quickly and couldn't find the multi-device one, only the one for 3 Windows PCs. Either way, you might want to post the link for other people who might be interested in the deal :)

• qrwteyrutiyoup said: Sounds great, then. I searched there quickly and couldn't find the multi-device one, only the one for 3 Windows PCs. Either way, you might want to post the link for other people who might be interested in the deal :)

My bad..That's the one I found.

• AeneAene Member

@FrankZ said:
    Aene - My account is like 15 years old so I just made a new one from Mexico and it seems there is no problem. You do have to pick a shipping address in the US, UK, Australia, India, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, or Poland even though it is not shipped.

Well, using a Borderlinx shipping address in the US and Paypal doesn't wotk for me "We apologize that we are not able to authorize payment for your order now"

• Oh btw..Bitdefender 2016 is almost ready for release. I had been a part of its beta program.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited August 2015

k0nsl said: The worst of 'em all.

it WAS, now it's one of the best. uses much less CPU, actually protects you. and has a much cleaner interface, maybe you should give it a try again you will be surprised :)

As far of the worst. it probably goes

1 Avast (generally useless)
    2 Bitdefender (generally useless)
    3 McAfee (CPU intensive)

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2015

McAfee™. Because Intel hates you and preinstalls that trial garbage on your computers.

Thanked by 2netomx FrankZ
  • I tried it out 3 months ago on malware samples which were from 2004 and as old as 2009 and about 9 out of 10 were still undetected. I'm no so sure about it being one of the best :)

@TarZZ92 said:
    it WAS, now it's one of the best. uses much less CPU, actually protects you. and has a much cleaner interface, maybe you should give it a try again you will be surprised :)