Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi KS-2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi KS-2

Hi,

Has anyone purchased a KS-2 recently (they seem to be stock all the time). What processor did you receive ? And also: did you get a 'free upgrade' to a 2 TB harddrive (as was common a while ago) ?

Thanks !

Comments

• jhjh Member

A customer got one a month ago and definitely had a 2TB disk. Dont remember about CPU

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • Yep 2TB and forgot CPU

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • I got one a month ago, had the worst CPU (it was D425, I think) and 2 TB HDD.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • My KS-2 is Intel Atom CPU N2800 @1.86GHz 4Gb RAM with only 1TB HDD. I also successfully got KS-1 which is Intel Atom CPU N2800 @1.86GHz, but with 2Gb RAM and 500Gb HDD. I am using KS-1 as a backup server and got KS-5 as a working server, so I am cancelling my KS-2 now.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • The one I received recently has a D425 and 1TB (BHS). Then again, the KS-3 I have has a i3-3240 and 2TB, so I'm not complaining.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • LeeLee Veteran

I ordered another one on Thursday for my team in India, it was an N2800 with a 2TB Drive.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • Ordered 1 KS-2 two days ago. N2800 and 2TB HDD.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2015

@pattanagul said:
    My KS-2 is Intel Atom CPU N2800 1.86GHz 4Gb RAM with only 1TB HDD. I also successfully got KS-1 which is Intel Atom CPU N2800 1.86GHz, but with 2Gb RAM and 500Gb HDD. I am using KS-1 as a backup server and got KS-5 as a working server, so I am cancelling my KS-2 now.

Get an S6 from Samsung and attach an external 2TB HDD to it :P (yes, it's possible because it has wireless charging capabilities and while charging, can be plugged in to the HDD). It already is better than only 1.86*2 GHz. "Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57" for the S6 = 18.4GHz :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2015

doghouch said: Get an S6 from Samsung and attach an external 2TB HDD to it

And put it in a top European DC on 100 Mbps unmetered with 480 Gbps DDoS protection?

• stabstab Member

@doghouch said:
    Get an S6 from Samsung and attach an external 2TB HDD to it :P (yes, it's possible because it has wireless charging capabilities and while charging, can be plugged in to the HDD). It already is better than only 1.86*2 GHz. "Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57" for the S6 = 18.4GHz :)

That's not how CPUs work.

Thanked by 3BensDaMan TarZZ92 sin
  • doghouch said: It already is better than only 1.86*2 GHz. "Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57" for the S6 = 18.4GHz :)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2015

Well, I'm not perfect :)

You win, @stab.

• UPDATE: Just ordered a KS-2 and got a N2800 CPU and 2 TB harddrive (in Gravelines)