Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey Peeeps - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hey Peeeps

Comments

• dwhs said: 10MBPS

Just to make sure, is that really MBPS and not Mbps?

Thanked by 2linuxthefish ucxo
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

dwhs said:

It would really be amazing if a business that was successful without getting feedback from customers.

Getting from customers completely different from starting to sell a product without first having knowledge of the business and asking a bunch of forum randomers how to price your plans.

Thanked by 2Clouvider ucxo
  • This is the dumbest thing I've seen here in a long time. Who the fuck gets such a massive server with no business plan? Here is what I suggest:

1) Horde IPs

2) Sell to Quadranet

3) Profit

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2015

I don't like the "peeeps" part. That's so juvenile. This is a forum for old farts, not for you young hipster Okilidokelis. Go playing on the streets with your peeeps. Youth of today. Dammit.

• @evilghaleon said:
    This is the dumbest thing I've seen here in a long time. Who the fuck gets such a massive server with no business plan? Here is what I suggest:

1) Horde IPs

2) Sell to Quadranet

3) Profit

Could be one of those Startup Programs that give you like $1000 in free credit after you apply.

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited August 2015

@dwhs said:
    lol digital ocean is 3 years old, we are 15 years old in the hosting industry. let's not go into their amazing historical experience.

A 15 year old hosting company that you have admitted multiple times in this thread that has no experience in hosting VPS servers. DO does and does fairly well.

I raise to you a question, why should I buy your $19/mth (1gb ram, 10gb SDD, 10MPS and 1 core) when for one dollar more, that's $20/mth by my count and I could have dual L5420's with 8gb's of ram and a 500gb disk?

• @Umcookies said:

I mean to play devil's advocate, he's probably not gonna get many sales so you'll likely have the node to yourself? :D

• Market it right and he'll get sales. Just not around this bunch. A lot of small businesses are willing to pay that or more for a fully managed solution.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Jonchun

I mean, I don't plan on wishing failure onto anyone. But you may be onto something there, although undersold node or not, that would want to be one dam powerful single core to even dream of coming close to 8 cores you can abuse as you like.

• @lazyt said:
    Market it right and he'll get sales. Just not around this bunch. A lot of small businesses are willing to pay that or more for a fully managed solution.

Fully managed at $20/mo? Thats more in line with LET standards I guess.

@Umcookies said:
    Jonchun

I mean, I don't plan on wishing failure onto anyone. But you may be onto something there, although undersold node or not, that would want to be one dam powerful single core to even dream of coming close to 8 cores you can abuse as you like.

Very true. Where are you finding dual l5420 for $20 though?

• Delimiter probably. I figured if he had a 15 y/o hosting company already then he would have the staff to manage them.

• @Jonchun

@lazyt is indeed correct, it's from delimiter. This special to be exact.
    www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/51246/dual-l5420-8gb-ram-500gb-disk-20-month-paid-monthly-no-setup

• @Umcookies said:
    Jonchun

lazyt is indeed correct, it's from delimiter. This special to be exact.
    www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/51246/dual-l5420-8gb-ram-500gb-disk-20-month-paid-monthly-no-setup

Haven't clicked it but did I read that right? 20 month prepay?

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited August 2015

@Jonchun said:
    Haven't clicked it but did I read that right? 20 month prepay?

Heh definitely didn't read it right, it's $20/mth paid monthly. Probably to clear up any confusion as they sell their X5150's at $20/mth paid quarterly.

Ninja edit: Although I can see the confusion now that i look at the URL.

• @Umcookies said:
    Ninja edit: Although I can see the confusion now that i look at the URL.

Ah lol. That's a great deal.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: I'm always angry.

Amitz said: I don't like the "peeeps" part. That's so juvenile.

But he's from Silicon Valley, so he must be cool.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • @Nekki said:
    Fuck off back to Silicon Valley then, I don't care where you came from, you're clearly still a twat.

On behalf of everyone at LET.. we missed this. Come back Nekki :(

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited August 2015

I am not a small yellow marshmallow treat. I am an entity, at least most of the time I am anyways.

So GTFO with that crap.

• nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited August 2015

@dwhs said:
    Good question, I came to the $16.99 price because a professional dedicated servers run around $130 normally for an 8 gig Xeon with 30MBPS

So I was thinking 10MBPS with 1gig of ram and 10gigs of space on a virtual system is about equal to the difference in price. This is also about the price for most quality VPS services I could find.

The cloud term is because we are clustering the VPS between our DC in LA and Vegas. Just the core and backups, not the VPS. In all honesty I don't like the term, it's gets throw around to much. Before cloud was a process it was thrown around a lot as a description for anything uploaded to. People do relate to it though but I might request to to get rid of it.

Max 15$ a year for 1Gb RAM

130$ for 8Gb Xeon? That's so 2010

Why do you only advertise 30Mbps on your dedi offers? Is it on your home basement?

• dwhsdwhs Member

@nexusrain said:
    All of us which are helping you to set your prices should get a VPS for free for lifetime. You can sell them somewhere else at the prices we told you. Deal? :p

Deal, this is really helpful. I see Digital Ocean is a favorite so we are defiantly going to check out their offers and stay around there.

Thanks for the awesome feedback!

• @dwhs Ehh yes, this was kinda ironic but nevermind. DO is good, sure, but definitely check out RamNode, BuyVM and Prometeus as well. They're pretty much the most loved ones here (I like them as well).

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Can you justify why your 1GB VPS costs $19/month and why it's called a "cloud" VPS?

Actually, for that price, you can get a dedicated server...

http://www.kimsufi.com/en/index.xml

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Gigabit or at least 100Mbps shared port with limited bandwidth would be nice!

• LEB is not your market for that price range. Make them fully managed services with at least 2gb ram and you can compete with managed providers, $25 for that is good.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2015

Here's a hint:

We need much more than 10mbps as a network port. Way more. And for $18.99, I'd expect at least 100mbps down and up.

• @nitro85 said:
    Why do you only advertise 30Mbps on your dedi offers? Is it on your home basement?

nitro85 said: Max 15$ a year for 1Gb RAM

130$ for 8Gb Xeon? That's so 2010

Are you serious? I'd pay a little more for a 1GB yearly server, but $15, no way -- unless of course you try that new 123Systems 50% promo code that they just emailed me :/

• Not sure if this thread is a joke or what, but my 10 cents:
    1A.) Lower your prices a bit within a sustainable margin

1B.) Make an offer with a steep discount to sell off your first server at a slight loss until you're confident you can man your ship well.

2.) If you have any chance of surviving in this market of bottom feeders and renegades, you will know what to do now, if not, your ship probably already sunk.

• dwhsdwhs Member

@grillmaster said:
    Not sure if this thread is a joke or what, but my 10 cents:

Yeah, it's apparent the service is new for us and I am not trying to hide it. A lower price to start would make sense. Not sure if it's a good idea to mention we are new to it on the site... Hmmm. Maybe just something that says welcome to our new VPS service.

We have been doing VPS on other providers for years just to test things out and add some International DNS pingers.

But running the master is another game, I'm sure.

Thanks man!

@nexusrain said:
    dwhs Ehh yes, this was kinda ironic but nevermind. DO is good, sure, but definitely check out RamNode, BuyVM and Prometeus as well. They're pretty much the most loved ones here (I like them as well).

I will :) Appreciate it.

• Let's cut the shit. You are on LET $19/month VPS isn't getting you far. Drop it to say $5 and maybe you will be somewhere. 100mbit min I would say.

• doghouch said: Actually, for that price, you can get a dedicated server...

But that's not cloud™