Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another one .....
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another one .....

nikcnikc Member
edited September 2012 in Providers

Next time I see an offer to good to be true, I'm gonna stay clear, this one lasted for just over a week, cash in and close ?:

"Dear XXXXX

We are sorry to announce that we will no longer be providing VPS Servers.

As our terms of service state, full refund's will not be issued, however, if you ordered your server on or after Wednesday 5th September your account can be credited with 25% of the cost of your VPS (excluding addons). You must claim this credit by 9am GMT on Thursday 13 September.

If you have any more questions please open a VPS Support ticket - https://www.my.sentahosting.co.uk/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=6.

PLEASE NOTE: Ticket responses may take a little while as we have a mass amount of ticket's to deal with at the moment. We are still providing Shared, Reseller and Shoutcast services and if you would like to sign up to one of these you will be given a 25% off for life discount.

VPS Servers will be terminated on Saturday 22nd September. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this and we thank you for your business.

Regards,
Senta Hosting"

Original offer here

Comments

• Wow.
    Considering that they're not fully closing...

• By the sounds of it. someone bought a kimsufi and didnt make enough to pay for the second month :D

• Senta Hosting... sounds almost like Santa Hosting :)

• I only sign up for too good to be true if its from uncle sal

• @nikc Just out of curiosity, what were said "too good to be true" deals?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited September 2012

@liam said: I thought originally that fitvps was a hosting company by a child as here 'fit' means sexy in slang ;-)

Haha, nice :) Didn't know about that meaning. Maybe we should emphasize on that - SexyVPS ;-)

• This is the actual offer, i put the wrong one in the original post.

• 1GB of RAM + 2GB burst for the equivalent of $12 USD?

Heck, even we can match that price (and we're expensive by LEB standards)

• Oops... i looked into their offers 2 times.. and thought.. and then 2nd thoughts..
    the 2nd thoughts saved me.. :P

• but their Order page still working to take fresh ppl.. sentahost.in/whtvps

• no refunds? not good at all

• i think its the space that is huge

• nunimnunim Member
    edited September 2012
    Why are you only offering a 25% credit if they ordered less then a week ago? 
    If I ordered less then a week ago I would think a full/prorated at least refund would be in order. And I see you're offering a 25% discount but in this post you're offering 30% off your reseller plans, so the customers who got hosed are getting a worse deal? 
    I would stay far away.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1190004

I'm sure I'll get a WHT warning for posting flame in an offer thread but what a stupid company, I don't see where they get their balls.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

@jcaleb said: i think its the space that is huge

so? its your duty to refund everyone. i don't stand by my tos about the no refunds part when it comes to service being terminated/close down, that is a different story

• 25% credit is stupid, if they cant do a real cash refund, then do a 100% credit refund.

• It's Ironic that their website says;

In order to survive a website hosting company has to make a profit. Not all website hosting companies understand the market therefore they set their prices too cheap. When visting a hosting companies website you may find a deal that is too good to be true (amazing features, unlimited resources, cheap pricing).

• nunimnunim Member
    edited September 2012

@sentahosting said I have been discussing with my colleague and we are now offering full refunds to VPS clients. We would like to make it clear that we are still providing all of our other services. We have only stopped providing VPS servers.

See if you actually get it.

• well glad they did the right thing

@nunim said: are now offering full refunds to VPS clients.

We would like to make it clear that we are still providing all of our other services. We have only stopped providing VPS servers.

See if you actually get it.

• It came through .... as a credit to my account ....

• nunimnunim Member
    edited September 2012

@nikc said: It came through .... as a credit to my account ....

Screenshot it and go start a thread on WHT and you'll likely get your money back. Credit != Refund

• @nikc said: It came through .... as a credit to my account ....

LOL

• And now it came through to paypal :)

Thanked by 1Randy
  • nunimnunim Member
    edited September 2012

@nikc said: And now it came through to paypal :)

Glad to see it worked out for you, never hurts to rake the muck sometimes.

• I'd like to know how they can offer all of that (referring to their shared hosting offer) including a free WHMCS license for £7/month.

One to avoid I would say.

• @MartinD said: WHMCS license for £7/month.

nulled? who knows

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@liam I thought you didn't know any 'slang'.

• Just fyi such a TOS clause is most likely illegal and you could probably easily get your money back if you wanted to.

Their VPS pricing seems to be reasnoable, how is this a "too good to be true" offer?

• @nikc said: And now it came through to paypal :)

• @nikc that is not a too good to.be true deal. Check our current let offer, a lot cheaper for almost the same spec

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Check our current let offer, a lot cheaper for almost the same spec

Is it UK based ?