Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with Virtio drivers for my Vultr Windows installation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help with Virtio drivers for my Vultr Windows installation

SpecialOneSpecialOne Member
edited August 2015 in Help

OK. As you may know I followed this Vultr tutorial https://www.vultr.com/docs/windows-custom-iso-with-virtio-drivers to create my custom Windows iso with Virtio drivers.

I downloaded Virtio drivers as Vultr suggested in tutorial:

https://fedorapeople.org/groups/virt/virtio-win/direct-downloads/stable-virtio/virtio-win.iso

Now after everything was finally uploaded I see that Virtio did some changes. They have 10 folders differently named + I don't see any "Red Hat VirtIO SCSI" driver".

Here is Vultr one:

Here is mine:

So what I need to do know... There is no "Red Hat VirtIO SCSI" drivers. Which should I select?

Comments

• Select viostor

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited August 2015

untick hide all drivers that are not compatible. and add them all to the installation.

• @bohdans said:
    Select viostor

Yes, it is viostor. When I selected viostor > w7 > amd64 then Red Hat VirtIO SCSI driver showed up. I tried to look inside that folder in my local computer, but there are some weird files inside and I was confused.

Now everything should be smoothly afterwards I hope...

• As TarZZ92 said, untick the box

• BG32BG32 Member
    edited August 2015

using a cracked version? just use a iso quanley one

• @bohdans said:
    As TarZZ92 said, untick the box
    @BG32 said:
    using a cracked version? just use a iso quanley one

Installed my custom Win 7 iso (official ISO) and newest Virtio drivers. I am already using it. Finally torture is over. Thx guys!