Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ddos protected vps wanted
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ddos protected vps wanted

Hi, I read an interesting post about setting up ha proxy to filter traffic through a ddos protected vps (before the question gets asked no I don't have a website undergoing a ddos) but I'd like to get a cheap low end vps and set it up and probably keep it for a rainy day.

Who would you recommend?

Ta

Chip

Thanked by 1rokok

Comments

• Location? Budget?

Thanked by 1chip
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

BuyVM is good.

• Would you prefer a specific location? We can do this in either France or Canada with OVH's Anti-DDoS Pro. You can look at the plans at http://verelox.com/cloud.php or PM me if you would like something custom.

• Go EllipsisNode worked great for me(get the Canada one though)

Thanked by 1HostNun
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

My current game server is with them (century1stop) no issues so far :)

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • We have a 12.99$/year plan if interested let me know

• BuyVM, HostHatch, Ginernet

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • @chip said:

You can check our flexcloud line. http://www.seflow.net/2/index.php/en/services/flexcloud/flexpricing

We're offering 20Gbps ddos protection on Strasbourg in HA enviroment with custom firewall rules.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited August 2015

Globalfrag offers DDoS Mitigation up to 80Gbps. used them for several months.

• chipchip Member

@frecyboy location somewhere around Europe (or anywhere with sensible latency to Europe)

Budget as low as possible this machine will probably get set up and forgotten about for months and may never be used it's a project I want to try

Chip

• KamAKamA Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

@chip,

Check out http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/59950/introvex-choose-ovz-or-kvm-ddos-protection-unmetered-bw-starting-1-75-m. Our VPSs are located in the OVH BHS Datacentre. Use the coupon in the thread for a 256 MB RAM VPS for $1.75 per month! We also have a selection of other plans which are discounted at the moment, OpenVZ and KVM included.

• @Ryan Owner Spartanhost, Recomended :)

• @matteob said:

From OVH ? what kinds of antiddos Seflow ? lets me know

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited August 2015

@yhuza said:

In Milan is full in house protection. In Strasbourg we had colo in ovh, so is a mix from ovh antidos pro (that cover common big attacks) and our devices for more complex attacks.

This is why we not claim 480Gbps like some summer host that rent a server to sell vps. In every own location we replicated Milan infrastructure. This mean own redundant hardware for full HA enviroment with firewalling & IDS devices on top all managed by OnAPP Orchestra.

We claim 20Gbps because we can block any type of attack up to 20Gbps (like attack that ovh not detect). You can also customize your complex firewall rules trought our customer portal. If you receive a normal UDP attack that ovh antidos pro can block you're protected for more (ovh claim 480gbps).

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • matteob said: If you receive a normal UDP attack that ovh antidos pro can block you're protected for more (ovh claim 480gbps).

I've personally seen 250Gbit+ UDP reflection attacks being filtered fine at both OVH and Voxility, 480Gbit (OVH) or 500G (Voxility) claims might be too high but i have no doubt that both do 300Gbit - Though that probably loads their infra by 50%+ already, so i doubt they let you use that indefinitely.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @William said:

Yes and this is why, for central europe we choosed to colocated our hardware into them.

We know that some type of attack (not big, but complex) are not filtered well by ovh, and this is why we added two more protection level

1st our mitigation system similar to Milan
    2nd hardware firewall that customers can control trought customer portal.

Our system was just tested by one of the user into this thread and several user on let, and all claimed that our protection is working wonderfull in strasbourg

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @matteob said:

event get flood, all ips kicked from network :) and blocked ddos right ?

• @William said:

if get tunnel protected from vox, problem with tcp, when get change system ddos protected permanent, more problem tcp :) with vps

• @yhuza said:

Yes tcp is one of the problem that sometime ovh had and we solved with our proper hardware.

When you get ddosed first time you should receive an email with instruction to get free permanent protection and set custom firewall rules.

Regards

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • is newbie ddos attacks from stressers still actual in summer 2015?
    I though this services are all dead, or overselled and can't to do any big troubles for now, like it was in september / october 2014.

I was test on my own services this shitty public & private shit, and all painfull shit is dead. So, basic protection up to 20 GBit\s will be fine for normal usage.

Btw, about SeFlow, i was use their protection in 2014, and they react very fast for small attacks (up to 0.7kk pps tcp-flood), even without lags for game-server.

• @vladka24 said:
    Go EllipsisNode worked great for me(get the Canada one though)

I don't have any vps offers outside of Canada at this time, although I can do geolocated American IP addresses if needed.

@chip http://ellipsisno.de/vps/

@chip said:
    frecyboy location somewhere around Europe (or anywhere with sensible latency to Europe)

Test IP = http://mtl.ellipsisno.de/

• I've spun up a tiny test vm at seflow's sbg location.

Very impressed by the network uptime. Zero timeouts over 7days.

Same class of network uptime as my dacentec dedi.

Good place for EU loadbalancer, monitoring or remote syslog node, i think.

TBH, I was tempted to NOT share my positive comments, lest a horde of horrible kiddies sign up and ruin the nice setup so far. :p

Thanked by 2matteob yhuza
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

We're in Psychz Dallas and utilize their mitigation, check us out if you like, we have 20% off discounts.

• chipchip Member

I would just like to update this thread and say so far I have gone with mrapidhost on their smallest plan and it's pretty good (support is very responsive)

I setup haproxy to forward Web traffic to a vm with no ddos mitigation and it's all working well.

Chip

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@William said:

I've personally seen 250Gbit+ UDP reflection attacks being filtered fine at both OVH and Voxility, 480Gbit (OVH) or 500G (Voxility) claims might be too high but i have no doubt that both do 300Gbit - Though that probably loads their infra by 50%+ already, so i doubt they let you use that indefinitely.

This is the real time graph that Voxility provides in the customer portal. At the moment their network capacity is +800 Gbps, and looking the current usage, we can assume that +500Gbps are available for mitigation.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jmginer said: This is the real time graph that Voxility provides in the customer portal. At the moment their network capacity is +800 Gbps, and looking the current usage, we can assume that +500Gbps are available for mitigation.

We don't know how realistic that graph is - If we go by what OVH says their network has 2Tbit+ capacity and scales far above Voxility.

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • Go with RamNode. great network , real protection.