Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy shit HostBill - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Holy shit HostBill

Comments

• Just when something more affordable to reach in hands,but impossible....

@Hostbill Y no monthly..??

haha...

• lol @hostbill LOL

• License still available :) :

License to: LicenseCube
    Expires: 2012-10-09
    Version: 3.9.0:3457

• wut the...

• My LicenseCube license got suspended today because of the feud between them both, so I have moved to WHMCS directly.

• LC cannot be trusted

• Dammit :(

• Wolf95Wolf95 Member
    edited September 2012

When I'm done squatting on my HostBill Monthly License I'll probably give to someone, I was one of the lucky people that realized it had potential before they did the change to owned-only. I gotta say... the order pages are WAY sexier than WHMCS and it's way faster to use.

• Well...I've not used my owned HB license in about 6 months and today when I went to download it, it asked me to renew for another year as updates/support has expired :( Now whether to sell or pay $45 lol

• I got my owned license nearly two years ago now when it was $159.95 :)

• @LV_Matt well I bought it for a year (FIRST PAYMENT AMOUNT $79.95 USD) and it was upgraded to owned for free :P But if you want to upgrade to non branding it's $200 so kinda covers cost if people do that

• Has the whmcs import script started working?

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Has the whmcs import script started working?

They stopped developing it ages ago, but I think that they may have started it again.

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited September 2012

Yes they do have an import script now:

Extract in main directory of your HostBill.

Requires:

• HostBill latest version
    • Whmsc 5.x

Note:

• This module imports only basic informations from whmcs, it does not import additional tables data (like for OnApp or SolusVM), if you'd like to have this data imported contact us.
    • This module currently do not import client passwords for hosting accounts.
  • TazTaz Member
    edited September 2012

That limitation will not make any one happy if they really want to migrate to hostbill and if hostbill wants to take a bite out of WHMCs market share, they will have to make a seamless process. Just like IPB and Vbuletin has.

Remember how whmcs became the big player during the modernbill downfall? Seamless migration and refugee discounts?

• The reason why it cant be seamless is because of the tables the SolusVM and OnApp modules add, WHMCS never had seamless migration of 3rd party modules.

• How much are the lucky monthly folks paying?

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited September 2012

The guys at SiteServ reissued me a new license, and it's working now.

:D

License to: LicenseCube
    Expires: 2012-10-12
    Version: 3.9.0:3457

I purchased it yesterday, so I'm guessing they have some kind of contract with Hostbill? Or else how did they get new licenses like this :S

• Purchase it under a private account and resell to you?

• @lele0108 said: I purchased it yesterday, so I'm guessing they have some kind of contract with Hostbill? Or else how did they get new licenses like this :S

Don't think so..I asked again if I should get a license from them, and the guy replied this morning, saying "I wouldn't recommend it."

Still not sure what the deal is, cause Hostbill doesn't seem to really care about LicenseCube selling it based on their responses.

• they are not even authorized . why did u buy ???/ and yeah i dont know they manage to resell it

• But if they aren't officially reselling, how in the world are they getting monthly licenses, so cheaply?

HAX

• @lele0108 said: But if they aren't officially reselling, how in the world are they getting monthly licenses, so cheaply?

Ask them. ;) Tell them that Hostbill has said that they're not an authorized reseller, see what they have to say.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

i don't know, but please start a thread "my Hostbill license has been suspended" :) i understand you want to get hostbill and their actual price is crazy, those people at hostbill are retarded. and you have to pay for support? lol i wont buy from them. even if i really liked their software . it is just crazy those people got to re-think on their pricing for the software it is so stupid.

you are at risk , that is all i am saying.. best of luck to you

• @Randy

If I do eventually decide to switch to HostBill (Trying it out, and some parts are still kind of left out, such that I can't price 1MB of RAM less than 0.01 :/), I'd probably just pick up a owned license of somebody who doesn't want theirs anymore.

• well. could you throw the license to me? if you are getting the owned license i never got a chance to test their software

• it looks neat and sweet but the pricing is stupid

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited September 2012

@Randy said: well. could you throw the license to me? if you are getting the owned license i never got a chance to test their software

I'm still using it right now to test it, and if they due eventually suspend LicenseCube's operation, I'll just get a owned license.

$10 a month is nothing :P

• With a glimpse, sometime I read it as HostRail(HostBill)...=)

• +1
    and a well established company and/or enough funding may take this...

@Randy said: it looks neat and sweet but the pricing is stupid