Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam) - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fortacloud - 2 gig ram free vps! (Discovered to be a scam)

Comments

• iwaswrongonce said: iwaswrongonce

My mistake! But i have not seen any centisecond mesured! :) As of the thing they mesure, I really have question on what is a volume on a shuted down cloud hourly billed vps, that claimed to be free with only a 0.50$ "verification fee"?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

jvnadr said: My mistake! But i have not seen any centisecond mesured! :) As of the thing they mesure, I really have question on what is a volume on a shuted down cloud hourly billed vps, that claimed to be free with only a 0.50$ "verification fee"?

The official answer is that you exceeded disk space and that it's cheaper than any other cloud platform out there!

Does that answer your question? Is it even true? No on both counts? Well then in that case it sounds like you exceeded your disk space and there really is no cheaper cloud platform out there.

Still not true?

Sorry, you must have exceeded your disk space and it's cheaper than any other cloud platform out there.

I should get a job with fortascam... I've already been trained :)

Thanked by 34n0nx William Mark_R
  • @jvnadr said:
    I bought the "free cloud" from them for $0.50 and now, they tried to... charge me for volume (????), paypal fees (!!!!!!!) etc. The server was off, the vps was never used, I got it only to see what is this "free cloud". I didn't loose money, but this is a warning for all potential buyers. STAY AWAY

And, what the hell is volume? It this little button in amplifiers that turns music on? Because, volume in a vps is the hdd, the bandwidth, the ram that are included in $0.50!

PS: I received the invoice just today! I didn get any other invoice earlier...

Isn't it against paypal policy to charge an additional fee to compensate for using paypal? or at least have it listed as an charged item (can blend it into the base price without customer knowing). So if they did do this, a customer could report them to paypal and get their paypal account suspended/reviewed with their funds on hold. Comes around goes around?

• What do you have to say about your illegal practive to state my bank refused you to charge my CC (fraud under US federal law) - Illegal practice of lies to credit agencies (again, fraud and slander) - illegal practice of publishing customer details in public (now at least stopped)?

You should get a ban here and nothing else.

Thanked by 2jar jvnadr
  • Jar said: The official answer is that you exceeded disk space and that it's cheaper than any other cloud platform out there!

LOL! VOlume in testing vps was inder 1.2GM (with 10GM allowed space for free). As of the price... I wonder, with those practices, are they really have profits? They cannot take my money for their false invoice, so they can't to their other customers...

Thanked by 1jar
  • Guys, everyone knows FortaTrust is scam. Why did you order this in the first place? What did you expect would happen?

Thanked by 3Pwner TarZZ92 William
  • rds100 said: Why did you order this in the first place?

Well, they could've changed.

• rds100 said: Guys, everyone knows FortaTrust is scam. Why did you order this in the first place? What did you expect would happen?

Nothing. 0.50$ is not a big loss to see in person what is all about this scam company. I didn't have a risk, this is not a complain post. Just a warning to other people they might put theirselves to bigger risk, accorfing to my experiance!

• HAHAHAHA! Fortacloud send me a new, IMPROVED invoice: they now charged me $9.12, $1.5 more than the previous one as... penalty for late fee!!! I marked their email as spam, already!If they continue to do so, I will fill a complain against them to PayPal, for their illegal practice to charge (between all) paypal fee to customer!

• Everyone should report to PayPal - Charging the PayPal fees is (as someone said before) against the (US! In EU this practice is allowed.) PayPal ToS.

• William said: US! In EU this practice is allowed

Indeed, in EU the paypal rules are different. But Fortacloud is US based, so, they shouldn't charge clients for paypal fees but they should include those fees at the product price tag they offer. Again, I am curious about what they are trying to achieve with those practices. Bullying? Threatening people? Is anybody afraid of such a company? One think I know, those practices will not gain them popularity (I don't beleive that bad advertisment is advertisment, especially when we are talking of try to steal money).

• @William said:
    Everyone should report to PayPal - Charging the PayPal fees is (as someone said before) against the (US! In EU this practice is allowed.) PayPal ToS.

How about in Australia, there's a local company charging me a considerable fee to use PayPal?

• Guys, six months later, I just wanted to open up for feedback. I am quite sure from the tone of previous threads, we will hear many complainers.

But, we really want to hear this as we really want to offer a valuable service. We have had tens of thousands of subscribers in our first 10 monhts.

So hit me with anything you have.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@odiaz said:
    Guys, six months later, I just wanted to open up for feedback. I am quite sure from the tone of previous threads, we will hear many complainers.

But, we really want to hear this as we really want to offer a valuable service. We have had tens of thousands of subscribers in our first 10 monhts.

So hit me with anything you have.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2015

odiaz said: Guys, six months later, I just wanted to open up for feedback. I am quite sure from the tone of previous threads, we will hear many complainers.

What about you still sending me - clearly illegal - mails that i owe you money?

What about sending this - again illegal - mails to "Expedian" and similar credit rating agencies?

What about provisioning Panama servers in the US and then declining to reprovision AND declining any knowledge?

What about not refunding me despite cancelling within your refund time?

What about your - clearly illegal - list of "fraudulent" customers that took a class action suit to be removed?

You company is shit and you should feel bad for working there.

• WHTWHT Member
    edited August 2015

@William said:

The bridge part was great lol. Add it again :)

• William said: What do you have to say about your illegal practive to state my bank refused you to charge my CC (fraud under US federal law) - Illegal practice of lies to credit agencies (again, fraud and slander) - illegal practice of publishing customer details in public (now at least stopped)?

I'm also still waiting on a reply to this @odiaz (months now) - You again will shut up and don't talk with me? Tells me (and hopefully everyone else) enough about your company to never even consider ordering from you at all.

• WHT said: The bridge part was great lol. Add it again :)

eh, i would, but i think it's a bit too dark for LET - I value my account here, don't want to get banned (again) for someone jumping off a bridge on my recommendation (do they even have them in Panama, or is he like the other staff in the US and just pretends to be in PA? i even tried ticketing in Spanish, and yes while my spanish is not good i didn't get a single reply to that either, someone named "Diaz" should be able to at least write basic Spanish)

As being suicidal sometimes myself (eh, that's what mental health issues do to you) i rather not have someone else go through the same, even if i hate him/his workplace from my guts.

Thanked by 1WHT
  • I ended up with a $60 invoice... plus, I couldn't cancel on FortaTrust and ended up on the blacklist (it was taken down though).

• William said: What about you still sending me - clearly illegal - mails that i owe you money?

i also got this, and one which says my credit card was declined (even though i used paypal)

very strange,

• TarZZ92 said: i also got this, and one which says my credit card was declined (even though i used paypal)

Yes, that is what i meant - You should report this to police, it is a clear violation of US federal law (some sort of credit act) and if enough people report it will get them into deep trouble.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • @William Yea fortascam makes GVH look like a heavenly service, I keep getting spam for that shit company - I hate those scum bags I wish I can edit thread to call them out and look at that fortascam employee resurrecting this thread...............

• completely scam and spammer, keep far away from them

• Stevie said: Yea fortascam makes GVH look like a heavenly service,

i would not go that far lol. both are terrible.

• Is this service like 5jelly?
    Ranks no 1 for free vps on google.com.
    Keyword stuffing ftw.

• STAY AWAY! Scamers, try to charge you for "free" services! They should be banned from here

• I keep receiving spam emails from them

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

And @odiaz just backed up hahaha

• So, so far we just have people complaining about fees. To be honest, we believe our fees are more than fair, but actually amazing.

If anyone has any other feedback, especialy on the service, please keep it coming.

• odiaz said: So, so far we just have people complaining about fees. To be honest, we believe our fees are more than fair, but actually amazing.

Amazing how you can totally ignore me (it's kinda funny even and pretty much cements your image and your companies image here, as the worst company ever - I'd rate you even much worse than GVH, which at least was partly legit) - Will i ever get a reply about your illegal practices?

Thanked by 3netomx Pwner doghouch