Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoftEther/OpenVPN Looking For Authentication Solutions!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoftEther/OpenVPN Looking For Authentication Solutions!

foxezfoxez Member

I'm currently using softether and I'm looking for some authentication solutions, I've tried FreeRadius but SoftEther does not send any packets after its authenticated so FreeRadius doesn't see that the user is online (So Im unable to control the amount of sessions). I'm using OpenVPN as a client and then I cant control the sessions in SoftEther either (BUG), they can always have unlimited sessions. Freeradius is working fine with OpenVPN server but I want it free and I have to pay if I want to be able to use more than 1 session.

Any solutions? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I didnt know softether had a bug with openvpn

• @netomx said:
    I didnt know softether had a bug with openvpn

Are you sure? Cause I cant limit the amount of sessions if the user is using openvpn as a client.

• Isn't the source for SoftEther available? If so you can investigate the OpenVPN/Radius issue and fix it directly.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@foxez said:
    Are you sure? Cause I cant limit the amount of sessions if the user is using openvpn as a client.

I didnt say anything. I just said I didn't know

• @MarkTurner said:
    Isn't the source for SoftEther available? If so you can investigate the OpenVPN/Radius issue and fix it directly.

Im just an below average LET user :c

@netomx said:
    I didnt say anything. I just said I didn't know

Got that part working now tho.. :p Things are going my way again huheu