Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need vps

hi i was looking at buyvm vps doi u guys know if i can put a hacking forum with around 1500 daily visits on their luxembourg location beuz ovh proitect bad my current server

thx i went on live chat but was fraid to talk to him about putting hack forum

can i just sign up with them and not tell them i have hacking forum i hide forum behind cloudflare but want vox porotection incase

Comments

• Go to hackforums fgt

Thanked by 1William
  • FoulFoul Member

@francisco would be able to answer your questions, just PM him here :)

http://www.lowendtalk.com/messages/add/Francisco

• No...

• why no i have no bad content just forum on how to leanr white hat

• You're best to ask them directly/check their Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. If they say no when you ask, there's your answer.

• ty all i send him a message to ask since terms and user policy does not say anything about it

• I don't think they allow it as they're a very strict provider. If you want Voxility protection, what about hosteasy.eu, rack.sx (got a double ram promotion running right now and are in V. DC) or blazingfast.io

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2015

@nexusrain said:
    I don't think they allow it as they're a very strict provider. If you want Voxility protection, what about hosteasy.eu, rack.sx (got a double ram promotion running right now and are in V. DC) or blazingfast.io

Assuming there's no scanning, hacking, exploiting, etc, coming from the VPS, it isn't a big deal. Simply discussing it all isn't a big deal nor do remember us ever having a case where it was a problem.

The only time it's a problem is when people start trying to host their booters along side it or something.

On the topic of protection, there's 'OVH/Vox/Blacklotus drop' methods that i've spent the past week or so working on local filtering for.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Foul
  • @Francisco said:

Assuming ... it isn't a big deal

Surprises me, "even" RamNode didn't allow it not too long ago afai remember and I've got RN less strict then you in my mind (which isn't something bad if you don't wanna do something bad).

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@nexusrain said:
    Surprises me, "even" RamNode didn't allow it not too long ago afai remember and I've got RN less strict then you in my mind (which isn't something bad if you don't wanna do something bad).

We're strict on customer signups details because we go the extra mile to defend people. I've had meetings with some fairly high up organizations because they want information on customers but they don't want to deal with the courts to get it. It's always a yelling match.

As for content, keep it legal. There's nothing illegal about talking about exploits or things like that. Distributing malware or running a booter will get you knocked about, but simple discussion? I don't see a problem with that.

We're fairly reasonable in our policies. We do our best to take a very hands off approach unless asked otherwise. We don't go through peoples services unless asked to do so and any time we have to access a users service we have written permission in ticket to do so. OpenVZ lets you walk right in but so far every client has been greatful for us asking first.

Francisco

Thanked by 2nexusrain Foul