Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me choose a domain registrar please
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me choose a domain registrar please

dosaidosai Member

I'm looking for a registrar who would provide free privacy whois on renewal each year. I have Googled and listed a few, please suggest who do you think is better in your experience.

Internetbs
NameSilo
Hover

Please let me know if you know any apart from the above. Thanks.

Comments

• +1 for Namesilo if they support the extension you want.

Otherwise Internetbs is good also, I'm using both of them

Thanked by 2netomx badpatrick
  • elgselgs Member
    edited August 2015

Namecheap seems to provide the first year whois protection for common tlds for free, like .com, .net, but not including .io.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • MrXMrX Member

I haven't been using them for very long yet (maybe about a year), but so far Uniregistry is really good. Free private whois.

They have become my go-to registrar, ahead of Internet.bs.

Thanked by 1hawkjohn7
  • Internet.bs and ResellerClub have some nice Offers.

• I use internetbs and namesilo, compare the prices between them, can save extra cents per domain.

• Internet.bs , name.com

• I've had a bad experience with internetbs

+1 for namesilo

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • Another +1 for NameSilo.

• And another +1 for NameSilo, recently switched to them as I discovered that Gandi no longer offers me any additional goodies... ...except draining my wallet faster, heh. Both are solid choices though.

• +1 for NameSilo, just wish they had more extensions.

• Our clients love NameSilo, just to add to the positive sentiment you all have about it.

We usually go with name.com, though.

• @elgs said:
    whois protection for common tlds for free, like .com, .net, but not including .io.

That's not because of NC with io domains, it's because of the io registry doesn't allow "masked" whois data.

• +1 for namecheap.com
    Registered a lot of domains with them, I always pay with BTC and never had a problem with them.

That's not because of NC with io domains, it's because of the io registry doesn't allow "masked" whois data.

But how others offer it? godaddy for example does.
    I asked NC support once and they told me the reason, but I forgot, since it was a long time ago.

• elgselgs Member

@nexusrain said:

Wondering why .io has different policies than the .com and .net?

• @elgs said:
    Wondering why .io has different policies than the .com and .net?

Because the registry wants it like this. Maybe to avoid abuse as .io is a pretty cool extension in my opinion (not just because of my blog got one :p ) so people could want it as .to replacement, who knows.

• I like internetbs, and domainbox.

Both are quick and relatively easy to use their API and automate away your domain problems.

• Namesilo a thousand times more than blowdaddy.
    Namecheap is cool too, but just recently realised their first year domain privacy thing.

• namecheap is good

• CFarenceCFarence Member
    edited August 2015

I use uniregistry for a .link and haven't had any issues, interface is nice and it's been pretty fast with any change I needed to make. I use Google Domains for everything else and it's pretty good as well.

• +1 for NameSilo and NameCheap (even if they're not listed).

• +1 on Namecheap. I also have used Name.com and cheap-domainsregistration. Namecheap is probably the best value, IMHO

• NameSilo.com for long term use for most of the supported extensions.