Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GODADDY - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GODADDY

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

GigeNET offers to migrate new customers sites from GoDaddy ... how can they do that if the site is down ?

• Kids take note, this is what happens when you cram 52 million domains on a kimsufi box =]

• LOL @u4ia BYEBYEGD, brilliant !

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@u4ia said: BYEBYEGD

IBTConspiracyTheories.

• some DNS are back online.
    All hosting servers are ok.

@Jack
    Thanks for clarifying, i just read on twitter that many complained about theor sites were offline. Havent followed it to close tonight since ive had other thongs to do.

• Everybody's complaning ... :)

• How can everything go offline at the same time? I wouldn't think they're hosting all those clients on a single server

• TazTaz Member
    edited September 2012

@vedran said: How can everything go offline at the same time? I wouldn't think they're hosting all those clients on a single server

Same DC? Location? Unlike average LEB providers, they happens to own their own dc? As this does looks like a network level outage.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Wow, I would have never thought... so much for never... it seems that it was directly associated with their name servers. I have 2 domains registered with them. The domain that has its own nameservers worked fine but the domain with the godaddy dns servers failed. I'm just curious to know more about what happened.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2012

I'm sure all we'll hear from them is how they want to spin it, and it'll probably only contain truth if it fits the story. I respect GoDaddy for making a brand that people who have no idea what web hosting is can recognize, but that's literally it. So basically I respect that they're willing to spare no expense on marketing. My domain is with them for convenience (at the time I wasn't aware of many other registrars, I knew how to host, not mingle), plus I bought it from a godaddy auction. I'm sure this will finally drive me to consider moving, I just can't have nameserver downtime for obvious reasons.

• I cringed reading the Facebook comments, damn sheeple.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited September 2012

@Zetta said: I cringed reading the Facebook comments, damn sheeple.

Best one:

Knock knock.

-Who's there?
    Any website hosted on Godaddy.
    -Any website hosted on Godaddy, who?

DNS lookup failed

Thanked by 2DeletedUser Inglar
  • edited September 2012

@Zetta said: I cringed reading the Facebook comments, damn sheeple.

Thank goodness for Ghostery. I don't have to see Facebook comments anywhere, because 9/10 the comments on popular sites left by facebook users are often horrifically dumb.

Not always, but too god damn often.

EDIT: Okay, I turned off Facebook Social Plugin Blocking / Facebook Connect blocking, and hot damn. Some of these comments are insane:

Kenan Clark in NYC says:

lol... guys it is pretty simple... you get what you pay for. Pay me 10 / mo and ill give you a dedicated high performance server that is backed up and monitored 24/7 and a team that you are on a first name basis with and who are accountable to you.

And of course there are hundreds of other comments that make want to live alone in the middle of the forest with no human interaction.

LOL - $10/mo for a dedicated 'high end' server...

• @MannDude Lol, I saw that thread too, shit is hilarious.

• Most likely, Buyvm vps resold :P. Pure profit.

• @MannDude said: LOL - $10/mo for a dedicated 'high end' server...

Sucks because these guys probably don't know the difference.

• If you're still with Godaddy after the whole SOPA debarcle, you deserve to be offline, no?

• @tehdan Kind of true, I will be transfering domains soon.. It just sucks that the transfers take so damn LONG!! :(

• I Guess the guy who attacked godaddy don't like boobies lol =) is bob crying now? =) i never liked godaddy anyways

• I missed name.com's sale when GoDaddy supported SOPA, so it's nice to see that GoDaddy is having trouble again, as that means name.com is having a sale on domain transfers :)

Now to transfer everything before the name.com sale ends...

@MannDude said: LOL - $10/mo for a dedicated 'high end' server...

2000 shared hosting customers on a dedi @ $10/month ... could be something usefull :)

• lol i call that an insult http://www.name.com/

i would sick with namecheap

• @Randy Currently all my domains are either at NameCheap or Name.com, however I'm taking advantage of this discount to move them all to Name.com

(Nothing wrong with namecheap, just like all my domains in the same place :P)

• they offer free ssl and whois ? name.com?

• Use "PRIVACYPLEASE" on name.com. NameCheap has free SSL?

• @SimpleNode said: Use "PRIVACYPLEASE" on name.com. NameCheap has free SSL?

yeah free ssl and whois

• Where is said free SSL?

• hmm the offer might be over but i love NC i remmeber it dose has free ssl