Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Layer.ae Free IPv6 VPS for developers :-) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Layer.ae Free IPv6 VPS for developers :-)

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Priority was given to current clients. Dont worry, my word is my word and i never failed to deliver.

Patience is a virtue and remember there are more than 300 signups.

Felt its better to do single mails insteinstead of mass to avoid spamming those who are still in the queue.

@hostnoob said:
    Do these have IPv4 ports like LES or are they purely IPv6?

They have a single port to allow you to ssh in via an ipv4 address.

Thanked by 2hostnoob Pwner
  • @rsk might want to change your pic to something that does not look like taken from an ISIS video

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @4n0nx said:
    rsk might want to change your pic to something that does not look like taken from an ISIS video

Harsh

• You tell me why there's something that looks like a leash...

@4n0nx said:
    You tell me why there's something that looks like a leash...

That is the national dress in the uae worn by me. You can google uae national clothes to see :)

Thanked by 1Prestige
  • rsk said: That is the national dress in the uae worn by me. You can google uae national clothes to see :)

http://aroundtheworldin1000days.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/NationalDay24.jpg

aaahh ok. thx for making me a little less ignorant

• @rsk said:
    That is the national dress in the uae worn by me. You can google uae national clothes to see :)

Is that a requirement, or just because it's so hot over there you want something light?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

rsk said: they can donate an amount of their choice (even if it is $1) to double their resources for the lifetime of their account.

That's not "donating". That's pay-what-you-want. Donations necessarily yield nothing directly in return - that's what makes them donations.

Calling it "donating" is misleading, non-profit or not.

Thanked by 24n0nx ucxo

@hostnoob said:

Not really a requirement but we do wear it casually if its without the head piece.

Mostly i wear shorts though :)

• Still waiting O.O
    Wondering host fast do they deliver out those servers

• @justin4869 said:
    Still waiting O.O
    Wondering host fast do they deliver out those servers

Another month or two.

TheOnlyDK said: Another month or two.

Not really ;)

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@rsk said:
    Not really ;)

More :).

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited August 2015

@rsk said:
    Not really ;)

Well, once you release it, then you can come back and say that, in bold. That will make everyone happy :)

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Well, once you release it, then you can come back and say that, in bold.

You guys are pretty rude and demanding for a free service given by @rsk. The fact that he's offering this is pretty nice and generous.

In b4 ppl call me suckup/buttkisser/bootlicker.

• @Pwner said:
    In b4 ppl call me suckup/buttkisser/bootlicker.

Sorry if I sounded rude, but my point is not to abuse the word "soon". While I appreciate @rsk for the free service, but it would be great if I actually get the service not just words of free service. In other words, don't advertise something when it's not ready, even if it's free.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    Sorry if I sounded rude, but my point is not to abuse the word "soon". While I appreciate rsk for the free service, but it would be great if I actually get the service not just words of free service. In other words, don't advertise something when it's not ready, even if it's free.

First come first served. If you're late to party then it's your own fault.

This the reason why mostly this of type projects are closed. You guys blame @rsk for not providing free service ASAP For only you and don't care about others.

Overall, Go complain for service you have paid.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @alexvolk said:
    Overall, Go complain for service you have paid.

There are many users on here not getting it, and I'm not complaining. Saying it's coming late isn't complaining.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    There are many users on here not getting it, and I'm not complaining. Saying it's coming late isn't complaining.

Ok, what project you're planning to develop ASAP if you get free vps?

Let see if anyone would be interested in giving you free vps ASAP without waiting and placing ADS.

@rsk cancel all current vps, require open source projects only and with backlink something like this "we've developed this project thankfully by using free vps provided by layer.ae".

I'm sure almost %99 of current vps will be used for something different

Thanked by 1vimalware
    edited August 2015

@alexvolk said:
    I'm sure almost %99 of current vps will be used for something different

Everyone wants everything ASAP, don't tell me you don't want stuff ASAP, it's the nature of humans. And the policy is upto @rsk, not you, who you think you are to give definitions? I was making a comment, it could be right or wrong, and you jump in directly into my face blaming me wrong for everything I've said. Who the f you think you are? My mom? F*CK OFF! I even said to @rsk I wasn't trying to be rude, so if you have any issues with what I said, take it personal with me. PM me and I'l argue with you, it has nothing to do with this topic and you are derailing it. If you have hate issues, go see a doctor or counselor, I will not respond here anymore about your comments. Thanks for your opinions.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Everyone wants everything ASAP, don't tell me you don't want stuff ASAP, it's the nature of humans. And the policy is upto rsk, not you, who you think you are to give definitions? I was making a comment, it could be right or wrong, and you jump in directly into my face blaming me wrong for everything I've said. Who the f you think you are? My mom? F*CK OFF! I even said to rsk I wasn't trying to be rude, so if you have any issues with what I said, take it personal with me. PM me and I'l argue with you, it has nothing to do with this topic and you are derailing it. I will not respond here anymore about your comment. Thanks for your opinion.

You didn't answered to my question. For which/what project this free vps will be used?

If you don't want to wait and work for something good so other people will benefit from I don't understand why you don't get LES box.

This is public forum no need for PM FOR OFFERS And I'm not your mom. Take a visit to doctor if you're unsure about it.

edited August 2015

@alexvolk said:
    This is public forum no need for PM FOR OFFERS And I'm not your mom. Take a visit to doctor if you're unsure about it.

I said stop derailing the topic, take it personal if you have issues with me. And what is PM FOR OFFERS? Get your minds straight. And give me ONE reason why I should tell you what my project is about?

I'm a fucktard for replying to you again. FUCK ME.

Soon is not abused by me, soon is definitely today :-)

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @alexvolk, you're over reacting, wtf? The guy didn't say anything more than casual chatting.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2015

We have a proverb, "There's no worse than waiting or chasing."
    People hate waiting, that's all. One thing is if you get a free VPS instantly, and another if you sign up, expect to play with it in the same day or next day (as promised, btw), and then this ends up as a many week waiting story.

• @rsk So how about providing a way to find our positions in the queue?

Really want to know your distribution speed, is it faster or slower than "Another month or two"

• I think it would be wise to setup a waiting queue where people subscribe to the mailing list (as always) then the server generates a link to check where you actually are. Like #100 of 300, something like that.

• gianggiang Veteran

Well, I got their email for now. And registered one ;)

• @rsk said:
    Soon is not abused by me, soon is definitely today :-)

You are absolutely right, received an email too and pending activation. Thanks and sorry if I sounded rude before :)